Thread: Not a good look

Not a good look

On one of the other airgun forums the overall lack of gun safety in this YouTube video came into question. Basically it looks like he has the gun pointing in his wife's direction a couple of times in the video. Some saying it's the camera angle some saying yes it really is pointing at her. IMHO even giving the appearance is not wise and definitely not a good look for shooting in general. What do you guys reckon?

S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - Yildiz SPE-ME 12G - ATA SP Black 12G - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

Well the first rule is you should never point a gun at anything you’d not want to shoot, even if you thought it was unloaded. It does seem to be away from her leg when he puts the mag in. He cocked it again after she wandered past.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Well the first rule is you should never point a gun at anything you’d not want to shoot, even if you thought it was unloaded. It does seem to be away from her leg when he puts the mag in. He cocked it again after she wandered past.
    Looking at it again probably is slightly away from her leg initially, still too much of an acute angle to be a safe example. Worse case, I wouldn't be happy with a pellet flying past serval inches away from me. Some one in the comments points out he does tilt it towards her briefly before mounting.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - Yildiz SPE-ME 12G - ATA SP Black 12G - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

Quote Originally Posted by Deltawing View Post
    Looking at it again probably is slightly away from her leg initially, still too much of an acute angle to be a safe example. Worse case, I wouldn't be happy with a pellet flying past serval inches away from me. Some one in the comments points out he does tilt it towards her briefly before mounting.
    Well I totally agree that it looks iffy enough to cause doubt, and as you say that’s the issue. In real life it may not have been to them, but we can only see it from the camera’s perspective.

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    I'm of a bit mixed opinion with him, I liked a lot of what he did and wanted to send him a boat model kit to make a reactive target with as I'm limited on how big a show I can do because of the dog so thought he'd get better use from it, however after the Hullabaloo over on AGF I was going to say still happy for him to take it with no malice but he chose to be a bit rude in commenting on the situation so I changed my mind.
    I do agree it looks a bit off in the Video but maybe the Camera is making it look worse as I do know he's fairly experianced so likely wouldn't do something foolish, maybe leave a comment on the Vid asking him to clarify it and of course allow him to defend himself.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

does not look good

Where are the pellets going after a hit on the bell

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrie Amatruda View Post
    Where are the pellets going after a hit on the bell
    To be fair he's not shooting the bell but a spinner beneath that spins up and strikes it. The pellet would go to earth after. The brick wall looks high enough for targets at ground level and there's a good distance behind.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    It looks a bit wobbly in the soft earth. If it were me I’d have Mrs Bum steady it with her foot.

I like the target though
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Well I reckon that would have got 80 if not 100 press ups on GDT.
    Rifle starts off on the seat pointing at her,
    No initial check the rifle was clear before loading,
    it's not pointing in a safe direction when he cocks & loads it, whether he points it at, or just past her feet is a moot point, the safe direction is down the garden at the target.
    She then walks past in front of the muzzle,
    he places the rifle down without unloading it, more than once.

On top of that he's obviously got no consideration for his neighbours with those exploding targets.
    An all round appalling example to set that can only give airguns a bad name.

Nice little target mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    To be fair he's not shooting the bell but a spinner beneath that spins up and strikes it. The pellet would go to earth after. The brick wall looks high enough for targets at ground level and there's a good distance behind.
    Ah yes, sorry I didn’t notice the spinner below.