PDA

View Full Version : NEFTA Hunter Series (HFT) 2006

Brian.Samson
07-02-2006, 12:23 AM
www.NEFTAHunter.co.uk (http://www.neftahunter.co.uk)

NEFTA (North East Field Target Association)
Will be hosting a new type of competition series this Summer.

This will consist of 6 events :-

Redfearns (nr Huddersfield/Barnsley)
Anston (nr Chesterfield)
Pontefract (guess where this one is)
Thorn Dell (nr Durham)
Guiseley (NE Leeds)
Emley Moor (nr Huddersfield/Barnsley)

The series is shot to a set of rules that will be very familiar to UKAHFT fans ;)
With the added twist of a new type of Merit Award scheme.

There are no trophies for 1st, 2nd 3rd etc - instead there are a series of badges which will be awarded to all competitors that achieve 1 of 3 merit levels (Bronze, Silver and Gold)

Full details of the merit award scheme and the rules, venues and dates can be found on the NEFTA Hunter website.

None of the dates clash with any major UKAHFT, BFTA or WFTA events.

Hope to see you there

Brian.Samson
14-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Have a bump to the top....

Scooby
16-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Nice Badge, I don't want one. I want four so I can have the

PLATINUM PHEONIX:D

yes you shall be mine

HotShot
16-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Nice Badge, I don't want one. I want four so I can have the

PLATINUM PHEONIX:D

yes you shall be mine

I wonder who will be the first to get one - Thorne Dell will be the first chance of one :)

Dave.

Brian.Samson
17-02-2006, 01:13 AM
I don't think we'll be giving many away :D

Paul Hudson
17-02-2006, 07:31 AM
Pontefract (guess where this one is)
Erm... it's in Brotherton and is nearer to Knottingley and Ferrybridge than it is to Pontefract ;)

P.

Scooby
17-02-2006, 07:38 AM
I don't think we'll be giving many away :D

Bri, I hope you only give one away.......

MINE

Big Si
17-02-2006, 08:14 PM
After the way someone shot last w/e they won't be gettin anything :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

Rgds

Big Si

Paul Hudson
17-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Do you know, Si... I just happen to have found a couple of scorecards in my jacket pocket from last weekend...

Hmm. Where did I put that SCSI cable for the scanner? ;)

P.

Brian.Samson
17-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Just gettnig my 'off day' out of the way before the season starts ;)

Martin
25-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Just gettnig my 'off day' out of the way before the season starts ;)

You can only use that excuse once though :confused: :D

Brian.Samson
25-02-2006, 08:52 AM
You can only use that excuse once though :confused: :D
I believe 3 times is the accepted maximum within a 12 month period - I have a spreadsheet of excuses, so when I've used one I simply increment the excuse usage counter by one and move onto the next excuse. Simple innit :D

Brian.Samson
08-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Don't forget the first event for the NEFTA Hunter Series is at Redfearns next Sunday :eek:

All the badge designs have been made up and they look awesome!! I'll have a full set with me at Bolton this weekend if anyone wants to get a sneaky peak at them.

Tried to take some photo's but I'm not good enough with a camera to do them justice - I'm hoping a grown up will be able to help me out on that score though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not big on collecting badges or anything nerdy like that, but these things look seriously awesome - the bronze, silver and gold look very nice indeed, but everyone I've shown the Phoenix badge to has had the same reaction - "Oooo I MUST have one of those!" :D

FT has badges for various different comps, but as far as I know this is the first HFT merit badge of it's kind.

For anyone that's never shot an HFT course at Redfearns before, this place is notorious for some of (if not the most) challenging HFT courses in the country. Dave Baines (Mr highrise himself) must have a meanstreak a mile wide :eek:

Anyone that manages to earn a Gold award at a Redfearns HFT shoot (95% or better!) is certainly one hell of a good shot!

There are no trophies at these events! - there are no 1st, 2nd, 3rd places etc and there are no shoot-offs. If you manage to win a merit badge, then you're no better or worse than anyone else in that same banding. (Bronze, Silver, Gold)

When you consider the calibre of shooter at these events (Andy Calpin, Ian Taylor, Gary Cooper, Tim Finley, Dave Baines, Paul Wilson, Keith Wooley, Darren Petts etc etc) and the difficulty of the courses then if you happen to see someone wearing a Gold NEFTA Hunter Squirrel at the next UKAHFT event it means they came within 3 points of the top score of the day at Redfearns :eek:

Be prepared to drop to your knees and bow at their feet, proclaiming how unworthy you are to be in their presence :D

I'm not holding out any hopes of winning Gold myself, I'd be very happy to manage an 85% or more to take a Silver Rook award.

If you want any more details on these events, surf along to www.neftahunter.co.uk

Good luck at BAGS, hope to see some of you over at Redfearns next weekend.

Brian.Samson
10-04-2006, 05:30 AM
Less than a week to go - don't forget, Redfearns - 16th April. It's sure to be a good event.

Only 3.50 for adults and 2 for juniors.

HotShot
12-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Can't wait for Sunday :) Earlier this week Mr Baines could be clearly seen setting the course up from the plinking range at Redfearns - he was about 200 yards away and 50 foot up a tree :eek: There will be something for everyone at this event :)

Dave.

darrenmoody2000
12-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Hi Brian
Do you have to be a member of a club to shoot at the comps,
Lost my membership and now just waiting for a space to open up.
But this series sound like it could be sa lot fun and some good practise.
Chhers
Daz

Gary C
12-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Hi Brian
Chhers
Daz

Nope
Just turn up

Sammie and I will be headed down from the Boro on Sun, as I suspect will a few others

Brian.Samson
12-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi Brian
Chhers
Daz
Hi Daz

Sorry I didn't reply sooner - snuck off early from work to do a spot of shooting :)

Yup, exactly as Gary says matey - it's an open event, no need to be a member of anything to take part.

All of the NEFTA clubs are fully insured, but if you aren't a member of the BFTA you'll need to sign in to be covered by the insurance.

And that's it really, turn up, book in and enjoy yourself. Best to have a read through the NEFTA Hunter website (URL in my signature) and hopefully that should answer any questions for you - if not please feel free to ask.

If you've never tried HFT before, mention it to the person in the stats office, and they'll pair you up with someone that'll be able to give you some tips when you shoot the course.

Hope you're not offended by bad language - you hear a lot of it while shooting a Redfearns course.

All the best
Brian

Gary C
12-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Hope you're not offended by bad language - you hear a lot of it while shooting a Redfearns course.

All the best
Brian

Luckily, being a bunch of ba gum eccky thumpers you wont be offended because you won't understand them tha nose

Brian.Samson
15-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Not long to go now - First event is TOMORROW :eek:

Remember, if you fancy having a go at HFT tomorrow - all you need to do is turn up. No need to Pre-Book, no need to be a member of any clubs or organisations etc. Just turn up, sign in and you're good to go.

There's no minimum age limit so if you fancy making it a family day, everyone is welcome.

There's a practical limit on age however - obviously safety is our primary concern, so long as your nipper can handle a gun safely they'll be very welcome to come and shoot.

This whole thing is aimed at encouraging juniors into the sport - if they do well enough they get a free badge!