PDA

View Full Version : Ratties Independence Shoot 2006

Agent A (MIB)
22-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Ratties Independence Shoot 2006

The MVAC accordingly invite you to our first open shoot of 2006.

We are very pleased to announce that we have been able to secure the woodlands used for the last stage of the Winter League for this Open (Directions can be found on the reverse of this flyer)

Date:

4th June 2006

Time

Kick off 9:30 (Last Entry for the main shoot 13:00)

Events:

1: 30 Hunter Target. Pre-charged 1, 2 and 3rd place
2: 30 Hunter Target. Spring 1, 2, and 3rd place
3: Pistol Side Shoot.
4: Gamble Side Shoot.

Hope to See You All There

For all that are going to the Bunny Bash this Sunday there will be flyers available with maps on, as well I will be emailing all the club secs in the near future.

Regards Andy (MVAC)

Prone Shooter
24-04-2006, 11:37 AM
We are very pleased to announce that we have been able to secure the woodlands used for the last stage of the Winter League for this Open Oh No:eek: more muuuuuuddddd.

Great new venue this one folks, not quite as pretty as the valley but then not much is:D

Expect the usual BARPC contingent.

Bob

baxterbasics
24-04-2006, 01:20 PM
i was lucky enough to shoot or is that Sssliide in these woods in the winter league. Fantastic woodland course with intersting and testing crosswinds:)

P1Fanatic
24-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Yep got that one on my calendar already so will be there.

Simon

Agent A (MIB)
24-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Wet suits and flippers will be on a rental basis from the stats tent. :D :D :D

biggles
25-04-2006, 04:48 PM
For all that are going to the Bunny Bash this Sunday there will be flyers available with maps on, as well I will be emailing all the club secs in the near future.

Regards Andy (MVAC)

Sorry to say that I missed this post b4 coming down to the Bunny Bash, so failed to ask for a flyer/map.

Do you happen to have any other means of sharing with us the shoot location? One or more of - GPS usable grid ref; post code (appreciating that not too many woods have these); e-mailable (addy in profile) or BBs link to a map; whatever - would be much appreciated.

Biggles

ross H
27-04-2006, 07:52 PM
im hoping to be there with dave and probably a few more from wendover:)

ross H
27-04-2006, 07:53 PM
im hoping to be there with dave and probably a few more from wendover:) just dont make it too hard because we dont want any rude words coming from someones mouth when the get a 0 with 2 lanes to go:rolleyes: um i wonder who it was (sorry anyone who had to hear it)

Agent A (MIB)
27-04-2006, 08:32 PM
A Swear Box will be at the Stats Tent Ross lol

Cheers chaps for the support much appreciated.

Regards

Andy

PS: I will be sending emails over the weekend so if any you chaps like biggles want a map please email: Meonvalleyairgun@btopenworld.com and I will add u to the list

Agent A (MIB)
11-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Buuuuuuummmmmmmpppppppppppp ppp:d

P1Fanatic
13-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Whats the post code so I can use my nice new TomTom :)

Simon

levidog
13-05-2006, 10:41 PM
I knew it wouldn't be long......:D

P1Fanatic
14-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I knew it wouldn't be long......:D

Yuup!

Got a 510 on Friday - its mint :)

Simon

Prone Shooter
19-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Bump for a cracking day out. Very friendly bunch (although do have some strange customs;) ) Don't miss it folks.

Bob

baxterbasics
26-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Back up for a great day out:) Agent A-you have PM:)

Agent A (MIB)
29-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Thanks Baxter Replied I hope ya got it.

Less then a week to go yay.

Hope to see u all there.

Andy

levidog
29-05-2006, 04:27 PM
P1Fanatic did you get that postcode yet ?:rolleyes:

ross H
29-05-2006, 05:27 PM
looking forward to this, time to try my new scope out, a bushnell 3200 4-12x40 curtusy of bones, lets see how she goes (no excuses now) although i dont know the scope so .......:D

ps i will bring money for the swear box andy:D

Snapshot
29-05-2006, 05:58 PM
P1Fanatic did you get that postcode yet ?:rolleyes:Closest I can get is SO23 3 and that's probably as good as you'll get for the middle of nowhere. I had to manually browse the map on my SatNav, following the map Andy emailed to me.

Jonathan

levidog
29-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Thanks Jonathan.

I'll see you the day before at Lea Valley, Hopefully.

I've bought a Falcon by the way

Sean

Snapshot
30-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Good man. I'll make sure you're in my group.

Jonathan

P1Fanatic
30-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Closest I can get is SO23 3 and that's probably as good as you'll get for the middle of nowhere. I had to manually browse the map on my SatNav, following the map Andy emailed to me.

Jonathan

Will remember to save the longitude/latitude on sunday. See you all there. Weather looks like its gonna be great at the weekend.

Simon

The Pie Man
31-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Can we have some details of location etc please.;)

ross H
31-05-2006, 02:30 PM
pm agent a mate or swat strachen, you plannin on comin harv?

The Pie Man
31-05-2006, 03:21 PM
pm agent a mate or swat strachen, you plannin on comin harv?
Yes I would like to come, but cant get any details .;)

levidog
31-05-2006, 04:14 PM
These are the directions that got me to the winter league venue

Guess where I got them from Guys......the website :D

Exit from the M3 at junction 9 and follow the signs for the A31. Join the A31 towards Farnham / Guildford. Follow the signs for the A272 towards Petersfield (you'll need to double back on yourselves for this junction). Follow this road until you reach a crossroads with the A32. Turn right past the petrol station and head through West Meon village. Stay on the A32 until you cross a small roundabout. When you reach a petrol station / garage follow the sign left for Hambledon. Drive under the disused rail bridge and stay on the B2150 for approximately 1 mile. You will see a warning sign for a left hand turn. Take this turn then follow the road for about 300 yards until you see a road heading off to your left. Turn RIGHT here into a gravel road. We're the second shed along.

Except we go past this and up a slight rise and it's the wood on the right with the lay-by

Of course if Meon want to help with the directions it would be great

Sean

The Pie Man
31-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks Sean, but if you dont know what to look for, because you dont know the name, how can I possibly find a web site:p
At first glance I presumed it was at Basingstoke :confused:

levidog
31-05-2006, 04:37 PM
http://www.btinternet.com/~necromantica/

Don't ask me how I found it originally

Sean

ross H
31-05-2006, 04:41 PM
so you coming now harv, what are you shooting with

levidog
31-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Just to confirm

I copied some directions from their web as it near to their indoor range instead of turning left you go past the turning and the woods are on the right

I was so busy being smug I forgot that bit

Sean

ONLY oneT
31-05-2006, 04:57 PM
looking forward to this, time to try my new scope out, a bushnell 3200 4-12x40 curtusy of bones, lets see how she goes (no excuses now) although i dont know the scope so .......:D

ps i will bring money for the swear box andy:D

did you get the ballistic ret ?, thats what i got from him and was well chuffed just ordered another one actually.

maT

biggles
31-05-2006, 07:58 PM
These are the directions that got me to the winter league venue

Guess where I got them from Guys......the website :D

Exit from the M3 at junction 9 and follow the signs for the A31. Join the A31 towards Farnham / Guildford. Follow the signs for the A272 towards Petersfield (you'll need to double back on yourselves for this junction). Follow this road until you reach a crossroads with the A32. Turn right past the petrol station and head through West Meon village. Stay on the A32 until you cross a small roundabout. When you reach a petrol station / garage follow the sign left for Hambledon. Drive under the disused rail bridge and stay on the B2150 for approximately 1 mile. You will see a warning sign for a left hand turn. Take this turn then follow the road for about 300 yards until you see a road heading off to your left. Turn RIGHT here into a gravel road. We're the second shed along.

Except we go past this and up a slight rise and it's the wood on the right with the lay-by

Of course if Meon want to help with the directions it would be great

Sean

Sean (and everyone else)

Unless I've got it wrong, what you've described above will take peops in the opposite direction from the woods for this shoot.

About three weeks ago, Andy sent me a map of this 'new' wood location which shows it to be on the right hand side (south west), and very close to, the B2150 itself, and just (less then 100yds) after the left turn you've described leading up to the MVAC indoor venue.

According to my copy of Autoroute, it's on the B2150, 1.91 miles from the left turn off the A32.

If (like me) approaching from the other direction (leaving A3M at junction 3), via Waterlooville, Denmead and Hambledon, it's just over 7 miles from the motorway, and on the left side of the road.

Andy failed to mention any local (very local) landmarks.

See you all at the end of the MVAC orienteering event :rolleyes:

Biggles

5thplaceron
31-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Hope to get up and see you lot on Sun,energy permitting,
this second lot of chemo as zapped me,most of the time so week a baby could mug me,but fingers crossed for Sun, regards Ron.

baxterbasics
31-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Thats great news Ron-I`ll buy you a "Greedy" burger-if your up to eating one:)

Look forward to seeing you there,
Regards,
Graham:)

Prone Shooter
31-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Miffed I can't make this one guys but its our D of E's groups 1st walk and as a leader I have to be present.

I don't like missing any of the Meon shoots so apologies to all the Meon crew for my absence and especially to Ron whom I've not seen for a while now. Hope you're feeling as well as can be expected mate, hang on in there.

On the bright side, I won't turn up at 1.00pm and nick the springer 1st place trophy like the last time:D so I'll leave the two Jons and Harve to argue that one and if they don't turn up, Sean you've got permission to win a placing for Basingstoke;)

So have a cracking day everyone, hope the weather holds out (which also means I won't get raining on trudging the Wayfairers walk) and enjoy it.

Bob

baxterbasics
31-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Don`y worry Bob-i`ll give Buddyboy your abuse by Proxy:D
Enjoy your walk:D

Prone Shooter
31-05-2006, 11:06 PM
I don't give JB abuse Graham, I'm too busy trying to work out how he managed to drop the target and I didn't:D

Bob

levidog
01-06-2006, 12:35 AM
Sean (and everyone else)

Unless I've got it wrong, what you've described above will take peops in the opposite direction from the woods for this shoot.

About three weeks ago, Andy sent me a map of this 'new' wood location which shows it to be on the right hand side (south west), and very close to, the B2150 itself, and just (less then 100yds) after the left turn you've described leading up to the MVAC indoor venue.

According to my copy of Autoroute, it's on the B2150, 1.91 miles from the left turn off the A32.

If (like me) approaching from the other direction (leaving A3M at junction 3), via Waterlooville, Denmead and Hambledon, it's just over 7 miles from the motorway, and on the left side of the road.

Andy failed to mention any local (very local) landmarks.

See you all at the end of the MVAC orienteering event :rolleyes:

Biggles

Cripes, It's not getting any easier is it :eek:

Now I'm lost too

Sean

The Pie Man
01-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Call me stupid, but I'm totally confused as to where Im going.
I get lost when I know where to go, how on earth am I going to find this event..:eek: :o

Someone make it easy, and help with the confusion, just a little post code will do..:)

Gary C
01-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Call me stupid,

If you insist...:D

Gary C
01-06-2006, 09:32 AM
A UK grid reference and Lat and Long would be good

The Pie Man
01-06-2006, 11:14 AM
A UK grid reference and Lat and Long would be good
Are you coming G.;)

Gary C
01-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Are you coming G.;)

Only if you wear the cammo pants and show me some bum cleavage..:D

Snapshot
01-06-2006, 12:40 PM
If I've got it right the OS grid ref is approx 463285,117085.

Jonathan

wrigles
01-06-2006, 02:14 PM
hi everyone--hope to see all of you at our shoot on sunday--the location is in the woods approx halfway between droxford and hambledon, on the b2150
on autoroute it came up as lat 50.94951north--long 1,09949west but it will be signed--regards terry wrigley.

Gary C
01-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Thanks Terry

Look forward to seeing you all again

The Pie Man
01-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks Terry.;)
Gary, your starting to worry me mate :p:D

levidog
01-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Don't want to gloat but...

Does look like I was right, Don't it:D

wrigles
01-06-2006, 05:04 PM
oh yeah----nearly forgot, them there woods is DARK , bring miners helmets (with lights) and your bestest scope--lol

Agent A (MIB)
01-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Blimey this is coming like Treasure hunt lololol

Ok If all that like a map email me at meonvalleyairgun@btopenworld.com

And I hope that will resolve any Tom Tom or Doris Dash board confusion.

Hope to see you all there eventually.

hehehehehe

Andy

ross H
01-06-2006, 06:39 PM
ok andy or any meon men, at 16 am i a junior or an adult, if it makes any differnce i wont be 17 till next year, and before the smart remarks come in im talking for scoring:p

Agent A (MIB)
01-06-2006, 07:00 PM
blimey with the amount of fing and jeffing u do Ross we thought ya were Father Ted.

Hmm let me check the constitution do we want to be ass wiped by a nipper or shall we let the juniors.

I will do some reading me thinks

hehehehehehe

levidog
01-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Chuck him in with the Juniors,

Where's young Huckle when you need him :D :D :D

Seriously it doesn't matter I'm shooting a springer :eek:

baxterbasics
01-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Just scatter a few copies of Playboy near the zero range-thats Ross taken care of:D How to nobble Gary C???Hmm,sleeping pills in his burger-would it make any difference??;) :D

Andy-hoping to bring a few lads from Bisley-unfortunately they have a club league shoot scheduled(again:( )
I`ll be there though-great shoot in a fantastic woodland setting-Bunnybash Part Deux:)

ross H
02-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Just scatter a few copies of Playboy near the zero range-thats Ross taken care of:D How to nobble Gary C???Hmm,sleeping pills in his burger-would it make any difference??;) :D

Andy-hoping to bring a few lads from Bisley-unfortunately they have a club league shoot scheduled(again:( )
I`ll be there though-great shoot in a fantastic woodland setting-Bunnybash Part Deux:)
yep i like the sound of that:D :D , as long as you supply them because im too young remeber:D , and dont worry andy i wont woop ya this time i promise:o , are you using the springer or the pcp andy, and graham il bring some ketamin to noble gary (its horse tranqiuliser) before someone accuses me of bieng a druggy i have horses it is not from my private stash

ross H
02-06-2006, 03:56 PM
blimey with the amount of fing and jeffing u do Ross we thought ya were Father Ted.

Hmm let me check the constitution do we want to be ass wiped by a nipper or shall we let the juniors.

I will do some reading me thinks

hehehehehehe
yer im actually 68 so im allowed to fing and jeff, the only reason i say im 16 is to give meself a chance to fill the mantle piece:D

ps i can bring my sgc that has me age on if you want :) just to make sure im not 68:D

biggles
02-06-2006, 10:23 PM
im actually 68 :D

Cor blimey Ross, you must have had an easy life. Look more like 6+8 than 68 :D

Biggles

Agent A (MIB)
03-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Ross I let ya know tomorrow about the age, nothing like keeping the suspense lololol

Right sleep as tomorrow I have to let the Thunder Box in ready for Sunday and then we set the Courses up, 20 mm at 80 yards standing for Ross.

Kev the Burger Man is currently booked as well lads/lasses so if you want to get there earlier and have a shooters sarnie and a Coffee we will be on site from 8. 9:30 kick off.

ross H
03-06-2006, 06:44 AM
Cor blimey Ross, you must have had an easy life. Look more like 6+8 than 68 :D

Biggles
have we even met:o sorry for my insulance and my spelling lol

ross H
03-06-2006, 06:45 AM
Ross I let ya know tomorrow about the age, nothing like keeping the suspense lololol

Right sleep as tomorrow I have to let the Thunder Box in ready for Sunday and then we set the Courses up, 200mm at 80 yards standing for Ross.

Kev the Burger Man is currently booked as well lads/lasses so if you want to get there earlier and have a shooters sarnie and a Coffee we will be on site from 8. 9:30 kick off.
ok mate thats cool about the age thing mate, c ya sunday

biggles
03-06-2006, 08:13 AM
"have we even met:o "

Yup.

"sorry for my insulance "

according to the weather forecast, it should be warm enough for you to come out without your insulance

"and my spelling lol"

nuffink wong wid ur spolling

:D

ross H
03-06-2006, 12:06 PM
do we speak to each other a fair bit or not, this is a bit worrieng that that you know me and im clueless as to who you are, what club are you with:confused:

wrigles
03-06-2006, 02:51 PM
hey ross---most guys look up to you--lol
but if they cant find you in the thick undergrowth tomorrow they will hear you swearing:D

Agent A (MIB)
03-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Right Chaps

Course is set , the grass is nice and long and the gamble is a bugger.

See you in the morning.

ross H
03-06-2006, 05:35 PM
hi andy and terry, just to check, is it to csfta rules, i presume it is but thought i should check

The Pie Man
03-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Hmm, Just sold my Pajero this morning:o
May have a problem getting there now, someone offered me a lift but i cant remember who :eek:

Agent A (MIB)
03-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Yes thats correct Ross main hunter to the same rules as this years winter league.

Gamble much the same except you have to elect the stance u are going to take the shot. 3 for standing 2 kneel 1 for Prone 0 for metal or miss.

Regards

Andy

Prone Shooter
03-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Ross H
im clueless Cripes Ross, you don't half leave yourself open don't you;) :D :D :D

Bob

Snapshot
04-06-2006, 06:14 AM
Cripes Ross, you don't half leave yourself open don't you;) :D :D :D

BobIt's good to see such honesty in one so young. ;)

Jonathan

ross H
04-06-2006, 06:25 AM
hey ross---most guys look up to you--lol
but if they cant find you in the thick undergrowth tomorrow they will hear you swearing:D

that could be a big mistake, there is no pressure for me then today is there:rolleyes: , i mighyt just do a crappy round so you all think im rubbish,

im acctually nervous for this shoot:confused: probably brought on by graham saying " huckle won the bunnybash last year and then won everything else going" no pressure then:rolleyes: :D my top tip for today is gary c or dave hatfield (hes been wooping me latley)

ps il be giving tutorials after i card 30, anyone interested:D

baxterbasics
04-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Great day out-well done the Meonites for a superb course,with no? stopages:)

Well Done Buddyboy for winning by a 3 point margin using his TX.(56/60)

ross H
04-06-2006, 06:17 PM
good, shoot and again well done to buddyboy for beating my by three in the open with a spinger and by one in the gamble, well done vince on the gable and young andy with 56 in the juniors

freewind
04-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Yup , a great day in the woods. This chap (sorry, did`nt get your name) should get a prize for shooting with this ??????????
Perhaps you could put in some details on the gun.Sorry the pics not better,took it on my phone.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/freewind138/Photo-0004.jpg
ps Cheers to Colin, Dave and Tony for an amusing round.

Andy Y

Kes
04-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Yup , a great day in the woods. This chap (sorry, did`nt get your name) should get a prize for shooting with this ?????????? Perhaps you could put in some details on the gun.Sorry the pics not better,took it on my phone.

Andy Y

When I saw him using it I thought at first that it was someone just completely ignoring the rules and shooting centrefire for the day!! :eek: :D

A beautiful peaceful day in the woods with great weather and company. Thanks to the Meon Crew for a challenging course and to Graham and Jonathan for the banter on the way round.

ross H
04-06-2006, 07:04 PM
that was a jefferies or lincoln, i spoke to the guy but ive forgotten what it was, the scary part was he was getting some kills with open sights

ps trry mate, if you could can you send me the picture from the shootoff, thanks mate

ross H
04-06-2006, 07:05 PM
and i found out who the elusive 'biggles':eek: was unlucky in the shootoff mate

were did gary c get to?

Freezer
04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
When clearing up after the shoot, and thanks for the positive comments, I picked up a very swish, soft and squishy, rifle bag from the US from a strangely UK sounding manufacturer complete with makers labels:confused: . If you have lost it give me a reply, answering this devilish Da Meon Code, and I'll try to reunite you with your old bag again.

The guy with the Lee Enfield/Lincoln Jefferies is John Milewski from BARPC. Good fella!

Knockedover
04-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Another good shoot in some cracking weather :)
Highlights of the day had to be barracking Ross to the point that he dropped a point to bring us even and then me blowing it all and dropping 5 points in the last 3 lanes :rolleyes: :D
And of course the other highlight of the day was a Meon member being beaten by his own mum!! :eek: :eek: :D :D

Freezer
04-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Yo Swatman Baby. Hey it's a LOL!!"!!
Thank your Mum for the lovely shortbread bunnies! She can cook and shoot! Wow!

ross H
04-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Another good shoot in some cracking weather :)
Highlights of the day had to be barracking Ross to the point that he dropped a point to bring us even and then me blowing it all and dropping 5 points in the last 3 lanes :rolleyes: :D
And of course the other highlight of the day was a Meon member being beaten by his own mum!! :D :D
tha barracking seems to be standard for me shooting with dave:D , vinny mate what youve failed to mention is that when you won the gamble it may well have been down to 'forgetting' to tell me that the kill wasnt real on the 45 yarder so i shot prone when i should have shot standing or at least knealing,:rolleyes: :D il get ya next time:D (i hope)

Knockedover
04-06-2006, 08:51 PM
vinny mate what youve failed to mention is that when you won the gamble it may well have been down to 'forgetting' to tell me that the kill wasnt real on the 45 yarder so i shot prone when i should have shot standing or at least knealing,:rolleyes: :D il get ya next time (i hope)

The kill was real on that target,it was made by a club member years ago but has never worked properly :D :D Not really sure why it was put out :confused: Also i didnt forget to tell you, i only realised after you had shot.......honest :p :D

did i mention Scott got beaten by his mum????????:D

Agent A (MIB)
04-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Can I say thanks to all that came along to our little shoot today and enjoyed the Day. Amazed 10 minutes through the door and it rained.

Ross I will try to get to North Oxon Shoot next week fancy another day of barracking with your BMX gun.:D :D :D :D

Hope to see you all again next week in another fine woodland shoot with a great crowd at the Bulldog Bash.

Regards

Andy

PS: Scores I am planning to work on them tomorrow evening to get them on here ASAP.

biggles
04-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks to all the Meonites for all the hard work (and cooking) - and everyone else too (wouldn't be a fun shoot if you lot didn't show) - and, of course, to Ross for continuing to smile so sweetly even when we're all taking the micky (prob just an indication of how he struggles to keep up with the conversation:) ).

btw .. can any of those involved recall how on earth we managed - during one of the breaks - to end up discussing the importation of newts (or was it slow worms?) from Lithuania? Surreal moment or what ? :D :D

Haven't had time this evening, but will sort out and e-mail off (to MVAC) the 'winners' photos in he next day or two (hopefully tomorrow). Hope my memory has held together to recall that you wanted these sent to the same e-mail addy which was used to distribute the map of your woods. If not, please e-mail me (it's in my profile) an alternate.

If not b4 .. hope to bump into a bunch of you at the Summer Sizzler.

Cheers

Biggles

Cooperman.22
04-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Best day I've had shooting for a while, sun was out, good company - Andy, Dave and Tony, great surroundings, friendly hosts, and my new gun combo to test too :D . Does it get any better??

Oh well back to work tomorrow :rolleyes:

baxterbasics
04-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Biggles-the conversation about slow-worms came from my recounting a journey i undertook yesterday,near Hambledon,Surrey,where i drove down a country lane covered in adders and slow worms(at least several are splattered underneath my car!):D
Thoroughly enjoyed today,perfect weather,good laugh shooting with Kes and Snapshot,particularly enjoyed the Gamble-great shooting by Vinnie:)

Agent A (MIB)
04-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Just thought I mention peeps you are all more then welcome to join us on the 10th of Sept for our second shoot.

This we will be hositng in the Valley.

I will post details nearer the time.

levidog
05-06-2006, 03:16 AM
When clearing up after the shoot, and thanks for the positive comments, I picked up a very swish, soft and squishy, rifle bag from the US from a strangely UK sounding manufacturer complete with makers labels:confused: . If you have lost it give me a reply, answering this devilish Da Meon Code, and I'll try to reunite you with your old bag again.

The guy with the Lee Enfield/Lincoln Jefferies is John Milewski from BARPC. Good fella!

Hi Mate,

If it's black then it's mine, I was invited to put it in the back of someones 4x4 who then went home.

I had to cover the gun with my jacket on the way home :(

Sean

Agent A (MIB)
05-06-2006, 05:43 AM
My Lord Sean thats an early post or a late one depends if ya been to bed :-)

ross H
05-06-2006, 06:02 AM
Thanks to all the Meonites for all the hard work (and cooking) - and everyone else too (wouldn't be a fun shoot if you lot didn't show) - and, of course, to Ross for continuing to smile so sweetly even when we're all taking the micky (prob just an indication of how he struggles to keep up with the conversation:) ).

btw .. can any of those involved recall how on earth we managed - during one of the breaks - to end up discussing the importation of newts (or was it slow worms?) from Lithuania? Surreal moment or what ? :D :D

Biggles

getting dangerously close to bieng below the belt now mate, and as you well know my belt is about the same hieght as your head, you short ass:D

youre just jealous your gun isnt a tarts gun that could be brought in playmobile form

TheShootist
05-06-2006, 06:58 AM
Thanks to all the Meon Crew for hosting an excellent event... Thoroughly enjoyed my day. Had intended to post my thanks last night but after such an exhausting day (did the course twice ! plus 108m each way) fell asleep leaving everything on and only just woke !

Good course and great company... what more could you ask for..

Regards
Tony

wrigles
05-06-2006, 07:31 AM
that was a jefferies or lincoln, i spoke to the guy but ive forgotten what it was, the scary part was he was getting some kills with open sights

ps trry mate, if you could can you send me the picture from the shootoff, thanks mate

hi ross----glad you enjoyed the day, thanks to everyone else who sent feedback--it makes the hard work worth while,ross-you have mail--hope to see you at north oxon, im looking forward to another great shoot there.

Shed tuner
05-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Most enjoyable shoot - never been to that venue before, very impressed - loads of course options, including some I'd never have imagined :D A testing and enjoyable day - thanks guys :) :) :)

SWAT Strachan
05-06-2006, 11:23 AM
And of course the other highlight of the day was a Meon member being beaten by his own mum!! :eek: :eek: :D :DYou're not going to let me forget that in a hurry are you :D. Seriously though, total respect due for me ol' mum, that's only the second time she's ever been to an open shoot and she came in with a 45/60 on the pistol range (with a S&W)!! I could only manage a 38 (with a Falcon) :(. She's over the moon with her score though so I guess I'll put up with the jibes ;).

Oh and cheers for the Career spring Jon. The rifle is now shooting very nicely :). All I need to do now I to fix my chrono so I can make sure it's legal! :D.

ross H
05-06-2006, 03:11 PM
hi ross----glad you enjoyed the day, thanks to everyone else who sent feedback--it makes the hard work worth while,ross-you have mail--hope to see you at north oxon, im looking forward to another great shoot there.
hi terry mate, thanks for sending the mail mate, your a gent and shoot your ripper at north oxon:)

levidog
05-06-2006, 04:13 PM
A great day, the Meon guys and gals did us proud again.

Well done to Ross and Jon once again.

Thanks to Andrew for keeping me company all day, yes I know you beat me by a point......

Thanks to the Basingstoke Boys for making me collect Johns pistol trophy having pushed me into second :o

Look forward to seeing most of you at Oxon

Here Swat where,s the scores then ? Maybe you don't want to see it on paper :p :D

Biggles how do I get the piccie ? I'd love to see it

Sean

biggles
05-06-2006, 04:45 PM
getting dangerously close to bieng below the belt now mate, and as you well know my belt is about the same hieght as your head, you short ass:D

youre just jealous your gun isnt a tarts gun that could be brought in playmobile form

"close" - yes; but you'll never find me below it !! :eek:

Biggles

ross H
05-06-2006, 05:27 PM
"close" - yes; but you'll never find me below it !! :eek:

Biggles
i should hope i dont

Josie & John
05-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Yup , a great day in the woods. This chap (sorry, did`nt get your name) should get a prize for shooting with this ??????????
Perhaps you could put in some details on the gun.Sorry the pics not better,took it on my phone.

Andy Y

Thanks for the pic, Andy.
The rifle is a 1905 Lincoln Jeffries underlever inlet into genuine SMLE woodwork and nosecap. I believe it was made as a prototype trainer for cadets/territorials/recruits at some point around the First World War but cannot find any reference to an "official" trainer (other than the Military Pattern, which replicated the Long Lee Enfield rifle) in any of the old BSA catalogues of the time or indeed, John Knibbs' books. I've put a bit of an article together on it with the hope it may be published in one of the mags, to see if anyone can throw some more light on the rifle.

It was certainly fun to shoot and made a change from my usual PCP. Not sure about the foresight completely covering the Nockover targets at anything over 25 yards, though!

Many thanks to all for a great day's shooting and Kev for putting on the food.

Regards,

John (and Josie)

Agent A (MIB)
05-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Ok Spent an hour or so getting the results into an Excel file now i cant copy and paste it without losing the format grrrrr, any ideas chaps lololol

Andy

Shed tuner
05-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Ok Spent an hour or so getting the results into an Excel file now i cant copy and paste it without losing the format grrrrr, any ideas chaps lololol

Andy

Just screen grab the excel, crop it and do it as a jpg :)

Or paste into word then save as HTML

biggles
06-06-2006, 07:32 AM
Just screen grab the excel, crop it and do it as a jpg :)

Or paste into word then save as HTML

Or - if you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat - 'print' it to this format. If all else fails, drop a copy to me and I'll do the conversion, along with sorting the photos, this evening.

Biggles

freewind
06-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Anyone sussed out how to post the results yet ????

Andy Y

Agent A (MIB)
07-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Emailing them to SWAT to play with fingers crossed :-)

Andy

Shed tuner
07-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Emailing them to SWAT to play with fingers crossed :-)

Andy

Best off getting his mum to do it..:D

biggles
07-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Andy

Did you/whoever, get the photos of the prize-giving I sent (to the meonvalleyairgun@ address) last night, just after 11:20?

Not sure who's on the receiving end, but I hope they have broadband. 14 jpeg files attached, each about 650k. 'Zipping' them (typical for jpgs) made so little difference that I didn't bother.

Be good to know they arrived OK.

Cheers

Biggles

P1Fanatic
07-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Best off getting his mum to do it..:D

I wonder if her score will magically disappear from the listings :)

Simon

Cooperman.22
08-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Any news on the scores :confused:

SWAT Strachan
08-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Just about to start the conversion process now. I've just this minute got back in from Cornwall :). Oh and as for my mother's pistol score, I notice in the Excel file that someone else had neglected to enter it in the table. I have corrected this mistake (you'd almost think someone was trying to land me in the ****).

Right, give me a few minutes...

SWAT Strachan
08-06-2006, 06:21 PM
:) :) Results are available HERE (http://www.btinternet.com/~necromantica/results.htm) :) :)

Prone Shooter
08-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Interesting scores Scott, apart from certain family rivalries, how did Nigel end up with 4 on the pistol:confused:

Oh and just my luck. I can't make it and JB shoots precharge:rolleyes:

Well done all especially BARPC members who were in the medals.

Bob

ross H
08-06-2006, 06:44 PM
yer bob you can have buddyboy back, he beat me clear and i was shooting my anshutz:D (dave whelham laughed like mad when i told him i got beat by a springer:D )

my excuse is im entitled to an off day the only problem is ive been having an off day since the bunny bash

SWAT Strachan
08-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Interesting scores Scott, apart from certain family rivalries, how did Nigel end up with 4 on the pistol:confused:No idea to be honest, it might be a typo but I won't know until Andy appears online.

Prone Shooter
08-06-2006, 06:52 PM
yer bob you can have buddyboy back, he beat me clear and i was shooting my anshutz (dave whelham laughed like mad when i told him i got beat by a springerRoss you misunderstand - we don't want him back, you can keep him in the PCP class then the rest of us mortals will have a chance:D

Only kidding Jon:rolleyes:

Bob

Agent A (MIB)
08-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Well its seems my name has been booted arouns so best make an return volley.

4 was on the score sheet ner ner ner could not believe it meself.

Agent A (MIB)
08-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Ummm I think I never entered the scores as I dont think they were on the master score sheet, ner ner ner ner

lolololol

Shed tuner
08-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Ross you misunderstand - we don't want him back, you can keep him in the PCP class then the rest of us mortals will have a chance:D

Only kidding Jon:rolleyes:

Bob

hehe, just wanted to be certain I wasn't making a mistake selling my Mk3 - just as well really, as the chap collected it from me the evening after the shoot :) :) See you at LV Bob ;)

levidog
19-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Did the piccies ever appear ?

Knockedover
20-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Come on, sort them piccies out!!!!

biggles
20-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Come on, sort them piccies out!!!!

I did get confirmation from Andy that my e-mail (with 'prize giving' piccies) arrived OK.

David (Biggles) Bailey

Freezer
25-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Best I could do with 2 pellets! I make that 100%.