30-07-2006, 03:20 PM
SUNDAY 10th SEPTEMBER

MEON VALLEY AIRGUN CLUB PRESENTS...

30 TARGET OPEN HFT competition

OPEN PISTOL Competition.

GAMBLE Shoot.

This will be held at our own outdoor range.The Valley

More details will be posted shortly.

Contact....Club Sec meonvalleyairgun@btopenworld.com.

Club Details / Directions www.btinternet.com/~necromantica/home.htm

:eek: SORRY....The "news" section is slightly out of date....SORRY :eek:

ross H
30-07-2006, 03:49 PM
is this at the valley:confused: will try and make it

leons
30-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Hi...
Yes ....the infamous valley :)

Snapshot
30-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Damn, same day as the third round of the springer championship at LV. :(

Jonathan

Prone Shooter
01-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Are you guys doing the "Pairs" event you were talking about at the skittles evening? Where you shoot the hunter in the morning with PCP or springer then team up with someone shooting the opposite to you in the afternoon with the combined score to count?

Bob

leons
01-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Bob...Bear with us....
Still being finalised...:)

Prone Shooter
01-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Still being finalised...cheers, looking forward to this combined comp.

Bob

Shed tuner
01-08-2006, 11:51 AM
No chance of a date change to avoid the clash with the LV springer comp is there please guys ?

Prone Shooter
01-08-2006, 04:03 PM
I don't think there are many dates if any left Jon. I have had to make a decision on where to go and after my previous two rounds at LV, Meon was the obvious choice:D If it is changed it is unlikely that I will be able to make a Meon shoot this year:(

Still not my decision:rolleyes:

Bob

PS I'm trying to find your phone number. can you email it to me please.

Shed tuner
02-08-2006, 11:30 AM
emailed you Bob :)

levidog
02-08-2006, 01:40 PM
I think you'll find that most of August is free (6th,13th,20th) & 3rd September and 1st,8th,15th October.

Don't want to labour the point but I pointed out the clash months ago ;)

The last springer comp clashed with the bulldog bash if you remember rightly. Even though the 18th of June was free.

Come on guys get a calendar.:D

Sean

ross H
02-08-2006, 07:36 PM
if theydo the pais thing bob how bout us pairing up, youre surpossed to be rather handy with a springer and im ok with a pcp mate:D what do you say

Prone Shooter
02-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Levidog
I think you'll find that most of August is free (6th,13th,20th) & 3rd September and 1st,8th,15th October.

Don't want to labour the point but I pointed out the clash months ago

The problem with August is that its traditional holiday season. A club hosting a open shoot would not take as much in entry fees due to the lower numbers. As the opens are ways to generate club funds you can see why August isn't popular. The 3rd Sept is still holiday season and the kids go back to school about then so not a good choice. September otherwise is manic some piddly little club in North Hampshire have got what they call a sizzler on:rolleyes: One of the dates in October will be taken by the Tri-club challenge and then CSFTA clubs are getting close to the start of the Winter league again:eek: .

You will inevitably have clashes at some points especially as more and more clubs host events. I'd like to do both as well but after my scores at LV they won't miss me:D So sorry LV but I will be at Meon on the 10th.

MVAC were aware of the clash and did approach me for my suggestions and it was decided to stick with the 10th as Meon have traditionally put on an open either just before or just after the sizzler.

Originally posted by RossH
if theydo the pais thing bob how bout us pairing up, youre surpossed to be rather handy with a springer and im ok with a pcp mate what do you say Thanks for the offer Ross. Had I not already be spoken for I'd have taken your offer seriously, however I believe (Andy will correct me if I'm wrong) that the team has to be from the same club and my old (emphasis on the old:D ) compatriot Dave Godwin and I are due to team up:rolleyes:

Bob

leons
02-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Sorry, the date is firm, and cannot be changed...

It is very UNLIKELY that the team pairs will be held...Sorry..

:) :) Could I point out that I have no imput in anything to do with the shoot, I was asked to post the initial details , and the above replies. I am happy to field any furter questions, and post the answers as I get them. All the details..time/cost etc should be posted shortly.. :) :)

Prone Shooter
02-08-2006, 08:42 PM
It is very UNLIKELY that the team pairs will be held...Sorry..
A bit dissapointing this:( Was looking forward to it.

Bob

ross H
03-08-2006, 04:26 PM
thats a bit lucky, no one shoots springer at wendover so thats lucky its not likely

Prone Shooter
08-08-2006, 08:01 AM
Re the pairs comp Meon. Hows this for a suggested compromise:-

Instead of shooting the course again in the afternoon as a pair, what if you "pair" up with a partner with the alternative gun (PCP and Recoiling) and combine the morning scores. This would not affect individual standings in the entered catagory and would not therefore cause a late finish on the hunter course. Time would still be available for the side shoots for those who want to do these. The "team" don't have to shoot together (although it would be good if they could), just hand their scores in at the end.

An additional entry fee could be paid by those entering as a team to cover the trophy costs.

If you want, I will help organise and work the scores out for you.

Bob

roger 62
08-08-2006, 08:09 AM
I think we're all struggling to arrange shoots without clashes with others - only so many days in a weekend.

Not sure we'll ever resolve this issue; we can only plan 6 ish months ahead due to shotgunners.

Still at least S/E shooters have a choice of two great events!

Good luck with the shoot

leons
08-08-2006, 12:09 PM
:) Any comments I make are MINE, and are in no way the views of MVAC :)

I would imagine it should be possible to run a pairs comp in conjunction with the "main" shoot.

I think the main drawback would be the ratio PCP/Springer, and some people not being able to pair, that wanted to enter.

Why not have an "open pairs"...PCP/PCP...Springer/Springer...PCP/Springer.

It does not have to be pairs from the same club, if it means everyone that wants to enter, is able too.

ross H
08-08-2006, 03:18 PM
:) Any comments I make are MINE, and are in no way the views of MVAC :)

I would imagine it should be possible to run a pairs comp in conjunction with the "main" shoot.

I think the main drawback would be the ratio PCP/Springer, and some people not being able to pair, that wanted to enter.

Why not have an "open pairs"...PCP/PCP...Springer/Springer...PCP/Springer.

It does not have to be pairs from the same club, if it means everyone that wants to enter, is able too.
that sounds good pcp, pcp sounds better from my point of view;)

Maverick
08-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Can someone give me the nearest post code to this venue please.

Cheers

leons
08-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Will try to get the post code of the house by the entrance to the field..

Latitude...50.98543.
Longitude. -1.04893

For those with a SatNav

Prone Shooter
08-08-2006, 09:52 PM
When Andy first discussed the idea with me back in March, or whenever:D the idea was to mix the spring guns and the pcps to make it "interesting" I don't think running a pair of pcps against a pair of spring guns is fair competiton, do you? Buddy Boy be quiet, theres only one of you and your'll be at LV:rolleyes: :D .

Theres a better match if one of the guns is a .22 so you could run a pcp with either a springer or a .22 which opens up the entries a bit.

The offer still stands Leon about the help but I wouldn't be interested if its pairs with two .177 pcps. That defeats the whole object of the initial idea. If you decide not to do it we'll run it at a Basingstoke shoot later in the year.

Bob

leons
09-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Bob..
I take your point.
As I said, they were MY thoughts.
As far as I am aware there will not be a pairs, I have no idea why.
I guess Basingstoke will have to lead the way......

Haven`t we got a friendly soon at the valley...Discuss then with Andy and Co..

ross H
09-08-2006, 01:59 PM
surely there would be differnt classes if it goes ahead for pairs, pcp,pcp pcp, springer ect:confused: + john won the last meon shoot in the open beating me and vin blackman with "posh guns" lol (it made my day, it was sooo funny)

Prone Shooter
09-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Ross, making lots of different classes would not be practical or cost effective. The idea was to combine springer and pcp as a two person team to compliment each other. Not for instance to put the two best pcp shooters together where the outcome would no doubt be accedemic. In other words "give somebody else a chance" to win a trophy.

If Basingstoke run with this idea it will be strictly pcp/springer with teams from the same club or by a draw.

Bob

levidog
09-08-2006, 07:24 PM
That's it Bob, I think the idea is definately off, let's lead the way at Basingstoke. ;)

Shed tuner
09-08-2006, 09:12 PM
+ john won the last meon shoot in the open beating me and vin blackman with "posh guns" lol (it made my day, it was sooo funny)

hehe, I was quite chuffed too :D Doesn't always work out that way though, so not sure it's really that representative :o

Snapshot
09-08-2006, 09:39 PM
hehe, I was quite chuffed too :D Doesn't always work out that way though, so not sure it's really that representative :oMike Isaac did it at Shepreth last Sunday so it's catching on.

Jonathan

Knockedover
10-08-2006, 12:22 PM
john won the last meon shoot in the open beating me and vin blackman with "posh guns"

Do you have to tell everyone Ross :mad: :mad: ......:rolleyes: :D :D

ross H
10-08-2006, 12:57 PM
ok john beat me and vin bieng the gentleman he is let us both win, thanks vin:D :o

Agent A (MIB)
10-08-2006, 09:57 PM
sorry chaps for not being in the loop the past couple of weeks work and other activities have pulled me away.

Right I will get to the bottom of this and return with a definitive answer about the Pairs.

I envisaged the Pairs as Purely a side shoot instead of the Gamble. A small "fun" idea of the pairs scores being added together. As Bob highlighted.

As I say leave with it me folk and I will report back as soon a spossible sorry for the confusion so far, normal service has resumed.

Regards

Andy

ross H
22-08-2006, 03:59 PM
bump up a challenging shoot and the company ent half bad either:D

Agent A (MIB)
22-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Reporting Back as promised

There will be a 30 Hunter course for PCP and Springer
The Pairs Shoot where the scores of the pcp and springer are combined
and a Pistol Shoot.
Kevs Burgers also.

Hope to see you all there

Cheers

Andy

ross H
28-08-2006, 05:07 PM
bump her up, this is an excellent way to practice windy shots, this course is garanteed to rob your points, it is a good shoot and kes burgers are a classic

Agent A (MIB)
28-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks Ross

Hope to see ya there, By the way we have added a Ross points deduction scheme for swearing at pegs, hehehehe

Kes
28-08-2006, 06:33 PM
kes burgers are a classic

:eek: Not coming.

Agent A (MIB)
28-08-2006, 06:36 PM
I noticed that myself and was going to ask Kev how he cooks a whole Kes lololol

ross H
28-08-2006, 08:08 PM
:eek: Not coming.
ok so i cant spell:D

ross H
28-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks Ross

Hope to see ya there, By the way we have added a Ross points deduction scheme for swearing at pegs, hehehehe
oh well thats me screwed then ent it, i will be in the minus points:D :D

Agent A (MIB)
28-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Aww Ross you know we all lubs ya. lol

We will grade the Swearing as so

Bottom = - 0.5 point
Poo = - 1 Point
B$%%$^& = - 2 Points
F$%$ = - 3 and a sit in the norty boys chair
any thing higher and its permission to open fire with me M14.

regards

Andy

baxterbasics
28-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Having shot around with Ross at both Redfearns and Emley Moor,i can report that he is a transformed character-not one swearword uttered. Gedas had a few choice phrases on Sunday-fortunately those around didn`t have a particularly strong grasp of Lithuanian:D

Looking forward to this one-i will endevour to bring a good carfull down Andy:)

ross H
28-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Having shot around with Ross at both Redfearns and Emley Moor,i can report that he is a transformed character-not one swearword uttered. Gedas had a few choice phrases on Sunday-fortunately those around didn`t have a particularly strong grasp of Lithuanian:D

Looking forward to this one-i will endevour to bring a good carfull down Andy:)
good point, thanks graham you tell the mean bully:D :D :D , i thought gedas was talking english at first:D :D :D :D :D

ross H
28-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Aww Ross you know we all lubs ya. lol

We will grade the Swearing as so

Bottom = - 0.5 point
Poo = - 1 Point
B$%%$^& = - 2 Points
F$%$ = - 3 and a sit in the norty boys chair
any thing higher and its permission to open fire with me M14.

regards

Andy
in that case i will be fine, it will be higher but i will be ok, you couldnt hit me even if you were bench rested:D :D :o :o (thats me not welcome now:D :D :D )

Agent A (MIB)
28-08-2006, 08:47 PM
No thats me making sure I select full auto was only going to use semi but thanks for making the choice for me Ross :-)

ross H
28-08-2006, 08:48 PM
any time bud, want me to load the mag aswell, i take it this is a bb gun and not a 7.62mm:D

Agent A (MIB)
28-08-2006, 09:06 PM
ummm if it was a 7.62 I be VERY happy instead of just contently smug. its 440 mag so got enough cheers lol :D :D :D :D

ross H
28-08-2006, 09:10 PM
ummm if it was a 7.62 I be VERY happy instead of just contently smug. its 440 mag so got enough cheers lol :D :D :D :D
so you might clip me once or twice, thats ok, my mechano gun can turn into a shield you know:D :D

Agent A (MIB)
31-08-2006, 10:15 PM
bump
:-)

johnjames
02-09-2006, 10:00 AM
ross H, What are you chatting about?

Tom.

Agent A (MIB)
02-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Hi John

Ross is talking about my other hobby have a look on:

www.groundzeroweekender.co.uk

And that will explain all.

Cheers

ross H
02-09-2006, 01:51 PM
ross H, What are you chatting about?

Tom.
oh dont you talk to me like that sonny jim:D :D :D :D :D :D :D i didnt think you knew how to post tom

Knockedover
02-09-2006, 02:45 PM
I had heard rumours at the club that Andy had plastic balls......I didnt know it was anything to do with Airsoft though :D :D

ross H
02-09-2006, 03:44 PM
I had heard rumours at the club that Andy had plastic balls......I didnt know it was anything to do with Airsoft though :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D

levidog
02-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Are you allowing telescopic sights in the open pistol comp.

Sean

ross H
02-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Are you allowing telescopic sights in the open pistol comp.

Sean
there is always one isnt there:rolleyes: :D :D

levidog
02-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Sorry if I dragged the thread back to reality ;) :D :D

Ross get rid of the toy gun and try a pistol :D

Sean

Knockedover
02-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Ive got a pistol you can use if you like Ross........PICCY (http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/9572/rosspistolxq5.jpg);)

levidog
02-09-2006, 07:38 PM
It might be a bit much for him :D :D :D

Do you have a diecast copy ? it's what he's used to ;) :D :D

Sean

ross H
03-09-2006, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE=Knockedover]Ive got a pistol you can use if you like Ross........PICCY (http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/9572/rosspistolxq5.jpg);)[/QUOthanks vin although i fear this maybe over the 6ftib limit:D also i dont wanna show shaun up (i used to shoot air pistols in the old days)

Agent A (MIB)
03-09-2006, 08:29 AM
<--- Ignores Plastic Balls References lol

At this moment Sean we allow Reddots and Open Sights Only, Though I keep you posted.

Cheers

Andy

levidog
03-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Cheers Andy now I know what to put on the pistol ;)

Agent A (MIB)
03-09-2006, 12:44 PM
No Probs Sean.

Now we know what distance to put the pistols targets out too lol.

See you there.

Any One need directions it you can email: meonvalleyairgun@btopenworld.com and i will send back.

Cheers

Andy

ross H
06-09-2006, 08:07 AM
hey andy i emailed that addy for directions but no reply as yet, are you trying to noble me from coming:D

baxterbasics
07-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Looking forward to this one-i hear a "New" Hunter team will be making its debut this Sunday;)

Agent A (MIB)
07-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi All

Three Days to the MVAC last open shoot of 2006 I hope to see some of you guys there. The Burger van has been booked and hopefully the nice weather.

Pairs shoot is still on the books chaps. And for the ladies we thought we add a couple bottles of wine for a side prize so more the merrier lol

Regards

Andy

sparky
07-09-2006, 09:03 PM
SUNDAY 10th SEPTEMBER

MEON VALLEY AIRGUN CLUB PRESENTS...

30 TARGET OPEN HFT competition

OPEN PISTOL Competition.

GAMBLE Shoot.

This will be held at our own outdoor range.The Valley

More details will be posted shortly.

Contact....Club Sec meonvalleyairgun@btopenworld.com.

Club Details / Directions www.btinternet.com/~necromantica/home.htm

:eek: SORRY....The "news" section is slightly out of date....SORRY :eek:

Sorry don't mean to be rude, but has this comp got rules;) or is it one of those cop-out comps:cool:

Pete

Agent A (MIB)
07-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Our shoots ALWAYS runs to the current CSFTA Hunter Rules, the only variation will be the inclusion of "fun" targets on the side shoots.

To ever entertain the disregard of any rules will be something a Club would be utterly stupid to follow.

sparky
08-09-2006, 06:49 AM
To ever entertain the disregard of any rules will be something a Club would be utterly stupid to follow.

Oh i totally agree but Just wondered like as i thought Leons didn't like rules:cool:

Pete

ross H
08-09-2006, 07:05 AM
Looking forward to this one-i hear a "New" Hunter team will be making its debut this Sunday;)
:)
:D :D :D oh WOW:D :D :D

Airbrush
08-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Look's like me,Mfr Marcus & Maverick will be coming along for a crack.:)

Andy.

Airbrush
09-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Can anyone please tell me what time it starts,ta.

Andy.

Roys
09-09-2006, 04:35 PM
I've been told 9.30 am
Roy..

ross H
09-09-2006, 05:32 PM
i think it is between 9 and 9, 30 i am getting there for 9,30 so i can have a little bit of a lie in:D

Prone Shooter
09-09-2006, 07:39 PM
9.30 which is early for the Valley boys (and girls) with the last entry IIRC at 13.00. Don't forget your pistols and the pairs comp.

See you there:D

Bob

Agent A (MIB)
09-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi guys

Yup starts at 9:30 tomorrow last entry for the main shoot is 13:00 and final entry for the sides is 15:00.

Slight change then norm as many of you know the valley is part of a farm each year when we tell the farmer about the shoot he is kind enough to move either the cattle or the sheep out of the valley for us, this year after our chairman has chatted with him twice, the sheep are still there, this means that we have had to place the pairs shoot on the same course as the main hunter, I know not brilliant but if we didnt do this we would be getting close to where the sheep will be. Sorry about this MVAC had to think safety of the livestock.,

Apart from that should be a good day was lovelly up there this morning.

Thanks Bob see you guys in the morning.

<--- returns to the piles of cards and a worn guilotine lol

ross H
09-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Hi guys

Yup starts at 9:30 tomorrow last entry for the main shoot is 13:00 and final entry for the sides is 15:00.

Slight change then norm as many of you know the valley is part of a farm each year when we tell the farmer about the shoot he is kind enough to move either the cattle or the sheep out of the valley for us, this year after our chairman has chatted with him twice, the sheep are still there, this means that we have had to place the pairs shoot on the same course as the main hunter, I know not brilliant but if we didnt do this we would be getting close to where the sheep will be. Sorry about this MVAC had to think safety of the livestock.,

Apart from that should be a good day was lovelly up there this morning.

are the sheep some sort of side attraction for any welsh ect:D :o :p

Agent A (MIB)
09-09-2006, 07:57 PM
They have shaved their legs and got the lip gloss out ready for you tomorrow Ross lol

See ya in the morning.

:D :D :D :D :D

Knockedover
09-09-2006, 08:36 PM
are the sheep some sort of side attraction for any welsh ect:D :o :p

They're not fussy where your from Ross,smile sweetly and you'll be in there mate :D :D

ross H
10-09-2006, 06:06 AM
bump her up, see everyone there:)

baxterbasics
10-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Another great days shooting,unpredictable wind,some of it brought on from ingesting Kevs Burgers;) :D

Many thanks for a good shoot.
Graham:)

Prone Shooter
10-09-2006, 06:39 PM
My apologies to the Meonites and others. I had a terrible attack of the wind today:rolleyes: , apart from that a cracking shoot as usual.

Has to be one of the friendliest, most relaxed events in the calender.

Thanks to all concerned.:)

Bob

Agent A (MIB)
10-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Thank you to all those who attended today, I am pleased we were able to run a friendly a relaxing shoot,

Next year I will make sure the wind comes in the afternoon honest.

Only just got in so I will work on the stats over the next few days chaps

ross H
10-09-2006, 07:28 PM
good fun shoot just sorry to bore everyone when my gun went to ****e:o

Airbrush
11-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Thankyou to all at Meon i really enjoyed the coarse ,& the the venue, what a lovely part of the world that is .The weather was great & it was good to see everyone ,the wind frustrating :o but the company & banter was very good indeed, so once again thanks to everyone for a most pleasant day out ;) :D .cheers marcus

Seconded.:)

Andy.

Maverick
11-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Thankyou to all at Meon i really enjoyed the coarse ,& the the venue, what a lovely part of the world that is .The weather was great & it was good to see everyone ,the wind frustrating :o but the company & banter was very good indeed, so once again thanks to everyone for a most pleasant day out ;) :D .cheers marcus

Seconded.:)

Andy.

Thirded :p :D

wrigles
11-09-2006, 10:55 AM
I would like to express my thanks to everyone who attended our summer open hft shoot , it is always hard work putting on a shoot and everyone in (team meon) were glad to see so many people enjoying themselves--it makes it all worth while.thanks again--
ps--hope to see you at the sizzler --regards -terry wrigley.

johnjames
11-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Thanks for putting such agood course out and well shot Terry 2nd 56x60.

Prone Shooter
11-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Can I put in a claim for Sunstroke, I'll keep the damages low, about the cost of a new EV2 should do it.

Note to ones self "Next time remember ruddy hat"

Bob

Agent A (MIB)
11-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Sorry Bob

I am allready getting compensation for my sunstroke, and i thought i had left the hi viz until this morning and realised i caught a little bit of sun

baxterbasics
12-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Are the scores available yet Andy?:)

baxterbasics
12-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks Andy:)

Agent A (MIB)
12-09-2006, 08:57 PM
As Requested I am pleaseed to be able to report the final scores for the Happy Valley Shoot 2006

if you like to go to : Happy Valley Shoot Scores (http://www.btinternet.com/~necromantica/scores.htm)

Sorry about the first one had problems with uploading, The above link has the correct formatting

Thanks for all of you that enjoyed our shoot once again.

Andy

Agent A (MIB)
12-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Np Graham

Knockedover
15-09-2006, 09:52 AM
A few pics from the shoot are now posted up HERE (http://www.picturetrail.com/knockedover1)
Cheers
Vince :)