PDA

View Full Version : L/Valley results 19/8/06

freewind
19-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Well the threatened rain kept off , but the blustery wind did have effect. Having said that it did`nt stop Colin and Stuart getting equal 58 scores. Shoot offs were required for 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th places in the open class.There were some that were dissapointed with their scores,but there some good performances worthy of note ie Amber-Jo Lilly`s score ,considering her diminutive stature prevented her from taking some shots , and Neil Beadles 3rd with a springer (fettled by the Pie Man).
Congrats to Colin for getting his first LV win.

Colin Matthews.......58...1st
Stuart Doyle...58...2nd
Phil Hassell.....56...3rd
John Budd......56
Gretel Lilly.......54
Dave Belton....54
James Allchurch.......53
Simon Collins...53
Steve Postings........52
Dave Bowles...52
Tony Haas......51
Mat Smith......50
Dave Godwin..50
Geoff Ryder....49
Dave Lilly........49
Martin Speck...49
Tim Roscoe.....49
Andy Yates.....48
Kovit Tarangsi..48
Alison Mansfield........46
Mike Elliot........45
Dave Mansfield.........44
Jonathan Hurwitt.......42
Mike Smith.......41
Asen Hritov......41
Roger Lait........41
Stephane Kirkwood....39
Derek Comben...33
Dennis Mansfield........30

SPRING

Harvey Astell....52...1st
Mike Isaac........47...2nd
Neil Beadle........44...3rd
Alex Panayides...42
Diane Budd........42
John Andrew......42
Craig Warner......38

JUNIOR

Emma Lilly...56...1st
Chris Belton........47...2nd =
Luke Roberts.......47...2nd =
Stefan Haas........39...3rd
Joel Charlton.......29
Amber-Jo Lilly.......23

Well done the course setters for the effort put in. And as a foot note check out Emma`s score in the Juniors and John Budd`s effort in the Open class with a TX.

Andy Y

Rapidnick
19-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I may be wrong but don't the well known shooting family spell their name L-I-L-L-Y.:)
Well done to all who competed and -if I may- a special 'well done' to Jon Budd who is a truly awesome shot with his TX which I have nicknamed the 'Heartbreaker' because of what it does to the confidence of those who shoot against him- and it!:eek:

freewind
19-08-2006, 05:48 PM
You are wrong.

P1Fanatic
19-08-2006, 06:04 PM
That was a good day and thankfully the rain held off. Nice trip down the pub afterwards with Laity, Harvey etc.

Thanks LV!

Simon

P.S. Luke Roberts with 47 was actually a junior.

Rapidnick
19-08-2006, 06:10 PM
You are wrong.

Sorry but I don't think I am! Look up Gretel's user name and then her email address. Not conclusive I grant you but worth mentioning.:D :D :D Sorry I really don't want to hijack your thread.:)

kick yer butt
19-08-2006, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=Rapidnick]I may be wrong but don't the well known shooting family spell their name L-I-L-L-Y.:)

CORRECT. sorry andy m8.

More inportantly what about having a men only class:D
ONLY JOKING.
Well done to all the girls today. Colin included.:p

Dave Lilly.

Kes
19-08-2006, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=Rapidnick]I may be wrong but don't the well known shooting family spell their name L-I-L-L-Y.:)

CORRECT. sorry andy m8.

More inportantly what about having a men only class:D
ONLY JOKING.
Well done to all the girls today. Colin included.:p

Dave Lilly.

Just think Dave, if you were Welsh you could be known as "Lilly Of The Valleys". :eek: (Small mercies eh?). :D

Good deal today mate, nice bit of bling. See ya next weekend. :cool:

The Pie Man
19-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Well done to Little Emma 56:eek: ;)
She truly beams with excitement, and its so lovely to see.

Dave, I would be one very proud father mate, well done to all the Lilly's, as its rare, to not only have a family all dedicated to shooting but to actually all do extremely well is amazing to see, such A nice family;)

Personally this would make great reading in a airgun mag (Gary ;) )

Cheers to all the chaps today who set up the shoot, and to Rog & Craig for another mad days shooting :D

Mr Budd, Were not worthy!!;) :D
Better luck next time Mike ;)

See you all next week

ATB

Harv..:D

Ps, cheers to Andy for getting the score up so quick.

kick yer butt
19-08-2006, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=Kes][QUOTE=kick yer butt]

Just think Dave, if you were Welsh you could be known as "Lilly Of The Valleys". :eek: (Small mercies eh?). :D

LILLYs OF THE LEY VALLEY will do me boyo:D

freewind
19-08-2006, 06:53 PM
My apolllogies, I`ve allllways spelllllt Lillly with one L. I`ve amended the results.
Also I agree that Luke Roberts is a Junior, there seems to have been a mistake taking down the scores today. This means Luke will get equal second place with Chris Belton and Stef can keep his 3rd place.

The results will now be amended. DOH !!

Andy Y

wOoDsTeR
19-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Roger Lait........41 :cool::eek: Oh do I feel better now :D . Need I go into that PM you sent me only this morning?.....LMAO

Now where is my Mobile :rolleyes:

kick yer butt
19-08-2006, 07:04 PM
My apolllogies, I`ve allllways spelllllt Lillly with one L. I`ve amended the results.
Andy Y

Dave has just informed me that the reason he hasnt mentioned your miss-spelling before is cos hes too polite & shy :confused: :rolleyes:
Gretel

zorba
19-08-2006, 07:15 PM
I have had yet another lesson on 'how to shoot' by the likes of
Colin (Didn't you come 1st in the last pistol comp using open sights)
Stuart
Phil
John B

Harvey
Mike

Emma (performance of the day)

Fantastic shooting you peeps, on a course that i found very dificult.

P.s - Laity, don't listen to them giving you stick. Show them how its done at the next round of the UK Springer open:) --- Alex

wOoDsTeR
19-08-2006, 07:20 PM
P.s - Laity, don't listen to them giving you stick. Show them how its done at the next round of the UK Springer open:) --- Alex

No listen to us Laity, sell your guns and take up cross stitch :p

The Pie Man
19-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Please show us what he said this morning Woodster, and then I will share some of his words from this mornings event;) :D

ONLY oneT
19-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Roger Lait........41 :cool::eek: Oh do I feel better now :D . Need I go into that PM you sent me only this morning?.....LMAO

Now where is my Mobile :rolleyes:

was the PM along the lines of " confident, confident 'ave it , 'ave it new scope bosh!!"

BLESS:D :D

maT

NeilB
19-08-2006, 07:34 PM
A few notable efforts today,

Colin, well done, leave the Daystate at home (FAR TOO COMMEN), stick to the HW 100, be different and win!

Emma, just gets better, what are the old folks going to do??

Harv, nice to see you back on form, as for my "new" ProSport, the "Pie Special" awesome, awesome, awesome, a seriously good bit of kit, with more practice I might just give you a run for your money!!

A great course, challenging conditions, and good fun,

Regards NeilB

Cooperman.22
19-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks to everyone for another good day at the Valley, great course and better company.

Think I'll stick the MK3 under the bed for a while after dusting off the trusty HW100 ;) .

Good performances out there considering the windy conditions, and I reckon top shot has to be Emma with the 56 in Junior class.
I just don't reckon we'll hear the last of it though :rolleyes: :D

Colin M.

kick yer butt
19-08-2006, 08:25 PM
I reckon top shot has to be Emma with the 56 in Junior class.
I just don't reckon we'll hear the last of it though :rolleyes: :D

You aint wrong there Colin, you wanna be in the same house as her,lol. She hasnt stopped talking about it. And rightly so !!! You deserve a pat on the back aswell matey. Good shooting.
Amber has now been 'bitten by the gun bug' so god help us all :rolleyes:

Thanks LV for Ambers 'encouragement' medal. Much appreciated. I guess we will have to buy a shelf for her trophies soon, lol. She was soooo pleased to see her name on the results list too.

Dont forget to bring your ear defenders if your going to Shepreth tomorrow, as Emma will be there , proud as punch., and so will Amber if she gets her way. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

Gretel & Dave

nibbley-uk
19-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Well to all at Lv sounds like you all had a great day sadly ive missed another good un but i feel much more relaxed after a nice break to the Lake district.
Big congrats to Emma with such a great score
see you all next weekend .
Ps unlucky Rog that must be your worst score yet and yes ive seen the msg to woodster ... heheheh

Shed tuner
19-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Good course and as usual a good crowd - Di and I both enjoyed ourselves - even if I did reserve my worst wind-estimation abilities ever for the shoot-off(including giving wind where there wasn't any, or was it just the opposite direction :D )

Have to say the 58s on that course were very good shooting, and Emma's 56 was cracking too :)

wOoDsTeR
20-08-2006, 08:55 AM
was the PM along the lines of " confident, confident 'ave it , 'ave it new scope bosh!!"

BLESS:D :D

maT

ROTFLMFAO :D :D :D :D You don't know how close you are to the truth there buddy :D

And Harv, you shock me man. As if I would show you what someone elts has said to me in a PM :rolleyes:

But seen as you asked so nice :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
PM Title--The Mighty Champ!!!!

And a hello to you my friend, Let me tell you this ....I have a new scope and tomorrow i will put that bad boy to the test AND i will win!!! THEN i will beat you at Redferns and Emilymore......then i will be in the top ten in the UKAHFT standings...I have been drinking by the way.

How is ya mate??

Rog

The Pie Man
20-08-2006, 09:01 AM
ROTFLMFAO :D You don't know how close you are to the truth there buddy :D

And Harv, you shock me man. As if I would show you what someone elts has said to me in a PM :rolleyes:

But seen as you asked so nice :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
PM Title--The Mighty Champ!!!!

And a hello to you my friend, Let me tell you this ....I have a new scope and tomorrow i will put that bad boy to the test AND i will win!!! THEN i will beat you at Redferns and Emilymore......then i will be in the top ten in the UKAHFT standings...I have been drinking by the way.

How is ya mate??

Rog
PMSL:D :D

Fantastic mate:cool:

Can we have this as a sticky!!!:eek:

This is sooooo funny.
O- Rog what does that drink do to you, he he he he ..

Just remind us of the days score 41 was it Laity...:eek: ;)

laity
20-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Right........Woody, Yes i did score 41....yes i did say i would do better.....yes i did have a new scope...and yes i shot like a C&$T. This however will change for the next round of the UKA when i will beat you....and beat you i will either with my gun or with a big stick:) :) :) !!!!!! . Not really what i wanted the week before round six if i am honest. ????

Colin, well done mate, thank God your not going next week buddy.

All the Lilly's, you all shoot better than me ( which aint hard at the mo ) well done you lot.

The boys down the pub, gret drink , great laugh made my day ( and boy i needed that ).

Craig W ,Pieman, Had a really funny round as ever, llaughed lots ,spat my dummy out,sulked and then laughed again.

Woody...you wait you git!!!!!:D

wOoDsTeR
20-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Woody...you wait you git!!!!!:D

I just love it when you talk dirty to me :p

nibbley-uk
20-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Apparently he likes it with a bag on his head :rolleyes: ;) :D Laity that is .....

AJHerod
23-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Well done you guys from basingstoke some good scores :D :D :D :D :cool: