PDA

View Full Version : Buying an FAC airgun in the Uk

hunter
25-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Hi All,
Would like some advice,would any gunshop or dealer sell a FAC airrifle to a visitor to the uk?what would be the requirements or documents needed for the same?
Your help would be much appreciated.
Clarence..

roblade
25-05-2004, 04:20 PM
might be worth doing a search using "rustam" or ask him direct he does a lot of buying over here, though im not sure how he gets them over to india.

but i think rustam is the man to ask

hope you can sort somehting out

ROB :)

Davestate
25-05-2004, 04:27 PM
BAR (http://www.airgunbuyer.com/exports.asp) export rifles but do have restrictions. Drop them a mail, Lloyd's pretty good at replying quickly.

Len
25-05-2004, 04:30 PM
No FAC airgun will be sold to anyone unless they have at least either FAC registered or as where export is concerned they have to fill in a general undertaking which is a document containing all your details and the details of the gun and a question that this gun will not be used in a war :rolleyes: etc etc. This form has to be sent to the Firearms Officer and he will grant permission;) for the transaction.

As i said without this you cannot buy a FAC airrifle.

Len

Rustam Bana
25-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Clary, you son of a gun, where have you been and where's my HW80K stock?

You cannot buy a FAC airgun in U.K. unless you have the relevant papers. However, you can buy a non-FAC airgun along with the necessary parts that you will have to install in India to make the airgun an 'FAC'.

Which beast are you thinking of buying?

Rustam