PDA

View Full Version : HFT "Recoiling" class

sparky
27-05-2004, 08:03 AM
From now on in HFT comps if we have over 5 shooters using a recoiling gun there will be a trophy for that class.
Letís not get into to much debate on this matter as itís only for a plastic cup not the crown jewels.
Please remember when you book in at the shoots to state if you are using a recoiling gun as you will have a different colour score card at some venues (this is not because you are freaks
:D its because easier to work out the scores at the end)

Perhaps if this gets popular throughout the series, next year there may be a few places up for grabs but for now it's for just top score.

Pete

R. P. McMurphy
27-05-2004, 09:18 AM
An Excellent idea Mr Sparks,it can only encourage more shooters to take up HFT.:)

Davestate
27-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Pete,
Would it be OK to book 2 rounds, pcp then shoot with a sringer?

sparky
27-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Davestate
Pete,
Would it be OK to book 2 rounds, pcp then shoot with a sringer?

If there is room in the last session and we have plenty of time/spaces then maybe but only your first session score would count.

Pete

sparky
27-05-2004, 10:54 AM
I would like to add that after Lincoln BASC are now also going to sponsor the Recoiling trophy as well as the Juniors.

Pete

Chewie
27-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by sparky
I would like to add that after Lincoln Pete

Sparky :) when is the Lincoln round :eek: :cool: I did not know you were coming over this side of the country :cool: Lincoln is only about 40/50 miles from me, I might pop along :)

Davestate
27-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Here you go chewie. (http://www.ukahft.org.uk/home.htm)

Chewie
27-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Davestate
Here you go chewie. (http://www.ukahft.org.uk/home.htm)

Thanks Dave :cool: :) thats the second time this week you have answered my queries :) perhaps in the future I should forward all my queries directly to you :D :D :D

HotShot
27-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Excellent news Pete :) I think it is a step in the right direction.

Dave.

MattF
27-05-2004, 12:52 PM
And about time!!!!:D

I've had the shelf in place for the trophy's for 12 months now.

P.S.

Will you be doing a trophy for best attempt at using a springer.:D

Pete how was the cakes. :D

sparky
27-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Ask Gazo mate he nicked them off me:eek:

Pete

Rustam Bana
27-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Good move UKAHFT.

Numb Nut
27-05-2004, 01:28 PM
I think this will help make HFT even more beginner-friendly, something that FT sort-of attempts to do via its division system (based on a running average of recent scores).

No doubt there will need to be decisions made for gasrams, springers with opposing pistons and those with recoil absorbing sledges. :)

MattF
27-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Don't forget a class for Springers with Walnut stocks, don't want to get mine dirty :D

wkhudson
27-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Will SR's qualify for this class?

I know they're only semi-recoiling but they ARE harder to do HFT with than a PCP is.

Lou Martin
27-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by wkhudson
Will SR's qualify for this class?

I know they're only semi-recoiling but they ARE harder to do HFT with than a PCP is.

Still recoiling so still in recoiling class

Craig-P
27-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Excellent move guys, well done.
MattF and I were discussing this the other day...
... and we came to the conclusiion that Matt would still be sh*t whatever he used:D

Pete, can you email or PM me please with your phone number mate, I managed to lose it in my recent 'move'

Cheers - Craig

Gren
27-05-2004, 06:14 PM
SR's and Whiscombes are classed as non-recoiling ! They (and other multi-piston, and sledge designs) are not classic springers are they ?! I was VERY upset to find this out when I had my SR.

It's a shame, because it would be nice to see people compete with them as they are lovely guns.

So go out and get yourself a Longbow/Sidewinder and have fun with a propper springer ;-)

Gren.

PS, well done Pete, this is a great step forward for springers. I'll bring mine to the next Welsh comp - as I live in Carmarthen now.

Gazo
27-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by sparky
Ask Gazo mate he nicked them off me:eek:

Pete

Matt I had to take them off him can't have him getting too fat eating them to himself.

Infact mate he sold them to me ....heeheheheh:D

Koz
27-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Croeso Wus.

Posted by Gren
I live in Carmarthen now
How did you get on with the goats?

kev hughes
27-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Gren

PS, well done Pete, this is a great step forward for springers. I'll bring mine to the next Welsh comp - as I live in Carmarthen now.

Just down the road from me then:D Welcome Gren ;)
Kev