PDA

View Full Version : Interesting new pcp bullpup ?

PHOBUS
16-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Seen this on Gunstar today .

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Air-Rifles/Edgun-R3-gun-for-sale-gs40578.aspx

A bit pricey and not ideally located but nice looking thing imo esp the little compact model .

After the apparant demise of the Skan rifle we have a serious lack of bullpup air rifles available and I for one would love an ultra compact full power model with the usual benefits from a bullpup of a full length barrel in a compact package .

Carl.

AlexHW100
16-10-2011, 05:59 PM
have a look at the edgun matador i think its a copy

Rob Edge
16-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I know a bloke that has had one on order for over 12 months. Paid in advance aswell :eek:

bigtoe01
16-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Its the newest version of the Edgun...Italian made stock, revised action etc.

leegreen007
16-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Looks like it could do with a bit of whittling :D

PHOBUS
16-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Looks like it could do with a bit of whittling :D

The stock looks a bit crude and unfinished .

Not good for 1400 :confused:

I think I would prefer composite furniture on the likes of this anyway , personally .

Carl .:)

magicniner
16-10-2011, 07:19 PM
The Bullpup design was for multi-shot semi-auto guns.
I suppose if you had an arm moved to the position your ear would normally occupy and vice-versa they'd make more sense in an air rifle, provided you moved an eye to where it could check pellet seating :D

- Nick

Karlos.
16-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Most air rifles are over priced but these take the biscuit. Chuff me talk about taking the piss

PHOBUS
16-10-2011, 10:12 PM
The Bullpup design was for multi-shot semi-auto guns.
I suppose if you had an arm moved to the position your ear would normally occupy and vice-versa they'd make more sense in an air rifle, provided you moved an eye to where it could check pellet seating :D

- Nick

:D:D

I think I get you Nick yep .

Bullpup - great for assault rifles , not so good for conventional air rifles ......

Anyway , I have owned a few and they all felt " funny " and strangely overweight .

I still think that if a multi shot pcp action could be adapted to suit it would work .

They are v pointable .

Would make a brill ratter .

Carl.:)

sniper22
16-10-2011, 11:33 PM
i made enquiries and shat myself when i was infomed that the gun was 1200, up front and supplied as soon as a method of getting the gun to the uk was found. needless to say, buying a white elephant with zero dealers and zero backup put me off.

uk litehammer
17-10-2011, 06:51 AM
Just more Edguns, and still just as UGGGLIE!!! Obviously designed by a guy with a white stick and a guide dog. Give the drawing board to the dog maybe???:confused::confused::confused:

mickwin
17-10-2011, 07:01 AM
I think GNIB do a bullpup stock, very much the same, better finnish, with a kit to convert a s 400/410 into one of these, almost identical to look at.

Barryg
17-10-2011, 07:24 AM
I think GNIB do a bullpup stock, very much the same, better finnish, with a kit to convert a s 400/410 into one of these, almost identical to look at.

They also do one for the rich springer fans:D
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=0eff82a158b9bcd735539ea921a97f93&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.network54.com%2FForum%2F18447 4%2Fthread%2F1318811375%2Flast-1318820456%2F48-52%2BBullpup&v=1&libid=1318836127810&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ginb.it%2Fbullpup-kits-and-stocks.php%3Flang%3Den&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.network54.com%2FForum%2F18447 4%2F&title=The%20Dianawerk%20Collective%3A%2048%2F52%20 Bullpup&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ginb.it%2Fbullpup-kits-and-stocks.php%3Flang%3Den&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13188361318321

moonbear
17-10-2011, 09:16 AM
i have the edgun matador, the version before the r3, and a guy called rudan who comes on here and as bought the r3 recently from ed, and it took about 3 weeks same as mine to get here, dealing with ed direct is considerably cheaper. there is also a company called pekator works from the netherlands they make a bullpup kit for various rifles. they make you the stock and the gearing to set up easily yourself which ever gun you choose, i am having a kit made for my hw100. along with my daystate harrier bullpup i will have 3 then. not everyones cup o tea i know you either love them or hate them...:D

angrybear
17-10-2011, 09:33 AM
I could see the point of a bullpup air gun if it was breakbarrel with the cyl in the stock, after all workings in the stock was the sole purpose of the design in a cartrige gun.

If you want a compact pcp FX Verminator has it all.

moonbear
17-10-2011, 09:54 AM
I could see the point of a bullpup air gun if it was breakbarrel with the cyl in the stock, after all workings in the stock was the sole purpose of the design in a cartrige gun.

If you want a compact pcp FX Verminator has it all.

i have the fx verminator also , its not as well balanced as the matador and i had to add raisers to the scope rail to be able to get a decent eye position, its also heavier although i think that may be the bottle, its still a good short gun if thats what you want... :)

bigtoe01
17-10-2011, 10:06 AM
you know guys demand for the edgun is out striping supply, thats why the prices are so high...its also wonderfully engineered and very accurate.
Its not an ugly gun, its just different, it was originally designed for shooting crows from inside of cars and has now developed into one of the most sought after guns in Russia and the USA.

I would have one...i like the design and the engineering, i know others that would also, to say its ugly though is not right...its just different.

each to their own as they say.

Gary C
17-10-2011, 10:54 AM
i made enquiries and shat myself when i was infomed that the gun was 1200, up front and supplied as soon as a method of getting the gun to the uk was found. needless to say, buying a white elephant with zero dealers and zero backup put me off.

Ditto

moonbear
17-10-2011, 05:42 PM
a different sort of bullpup made by demyan who have now been taken over by a much larger company...

http://www.demyan.info/img/cm2bp.jpg

Steyr
17-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Nowt wrong with the Bullpup principle but a bit crap in air guns that are not semi auto due to the need to break position to reload.

However as a vehicle gun, they are excellent unless you get too animated and start swinging it around in the inside and muzzle sweep.

The basic principle allows for a longer or std barrel to be used in what would ordinarily be a carbine plus better ergonomics etc.

It is not without its difficulties though - particularly iro the trigger dept. and loading on a non mag variant air version.

Love them or loathe them, I would look at a bullpup for hft where single shot and positional shift after one shot would be ok so long as it had big enough lungs.

Hunting in single shot or with the cocking lever so close to your earole.....not worth it

PHOBUS
17-10-2011, 07:15 PM
a different sort of bullpup made by demyan who have now been taken over by a much larger company...

http://www.demyan.info/img/cm2bp.jpg

Now this I really like .

UK ? Does anyone know ?

Carl.:eek:

PHOBUS
17-10-2011, 07:17 PM
http://www.demyan.info/

Nice Gif but not too informative ....:rolleyes:

Not UK from the looks tho ....

Carl.:(

moonbear
17-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Nowt wrong with the Bullpup principle but a bit crap in air guns that are not semi auto due to the need to break position to reload.

However as a vehicle gun, they are excellent unless you get too animated and start swinging it around in the inside and muzzle sweep.

The basic principle allows for a longer or std barrel to be used in what would ordinarily be a carbine plus better ergonomics etc.

It is not without its difficulties though - particularly iro the trigger dept. and loading on a non mag variant air version.

Love them or loathe them, I would look at a bullpup for hft where single shot and positional shift after one shot would be ok so long as it had big enough lungs.

Hunting in single shot or with the cocking lever so close to your earole.....not worth it

there is no more need to break position with the matador than there is any other single shot airgun, and the trigger is as good as any i have fired and i owned a dozen till i reduced my collection recently. the gun shoots a minimum of 120 shots so more than enough for hunting or hft.. i have a custom 6 shot mag that attaches to mine but ed as made some prototype multishot versions although i prefer my custonm as it still gives me a single shot option. putting your ear near the cocking lever is what puts a lot of folk off i admit but this is were you either like them or loathe them comes into play, i prefer my matador to all my other airguns, and from all the enquiries i get i think it would sell well here, unfortunatly ed as a small scale operation and isnt really equiped to to import as many as seem to be requested...:)

moonbear
17-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Now this I really like .

UK ? Does anyone know ?

Carl.:eek:

no its russian and originally was a copy of the edgun and was until recently a small scale operation. they have been taken over by a much larger company that is the newer bullpup design they still sell the original and if you look on the site they now do target rifles.. i read at the time the company was taken over that they intended to do imports i on a larger scale in the near future....:D

sniper22
18-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Ditto

not everyone has the same customer service or backup as mtc gary

lyndon2472
27-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi guys joined this forum after seeing this post from searching Edguns on the net.
I am the sole UK importer of Edguns IN THE UK please be very wary of any post containing Edguns for sale that is not stated by me or my employer Alex Austin.
Also there are 3 .177 edguns on the planet to my knowledge since it was us that asked Ed to make them in russia and send them over to us ANY .177 air rifle for sale is a fake 2 were sold in the last week one to Doncaster and one to The Wirral, one will shortly be going to hampshire, ant rifle not sold from these locations is a fake.
There are people openly boasting about making copyies of Ed's work on several forumsand several posts of people just trying scams example
http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/222071-selling-edgun-r3/ disregard any such posts

lyndon@edgun.co.ok
Gunsmith.

moonbear
27-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Hi guys joined this forum after seeing this post from searching Edguns on the net.
I am the sole UK importer of Edguns IN THE UK please be very wary of any post containing Edguns for sale that is not stated by me or my employer Alex Austin.
Also there are 3 .177 edguns on the planet to my knowledge since it was us that asked Ed to make them in russia and send them over to us ANY .177 air rifle for sale is a fake 2 were sold in the last week one to Doncaster and one to The Wirral, one will shortly be going to hampshire, ant rifle not sold from these locations is a fake.
There are people openly boasting about making copyies of Ed's work on several forumsand several posts of people just trying scams example
http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/222071-selling-edgun-r3/ disregard any such posts

lyndon@edgun.co.ok
Gunsmith.

i presume you mean any .177s are a fake. i and quite a few others bought our .22 guns direct from ed himself, cheshire gun room helped me with the importing, i happen to know a couple of those bought from ed have been for sale so they wouldnt be fake nor would mine if i was silly enough to sell it. so to claim all other edguns would be fake is to big a claim unless of course as said you are refering to .177..del

bigtoe01
27-10-2012, 09:32 PM

lyndon@edgun.co.ok
Gunsmith.

Absolute bollox, I ordered a .177 R3 last winter but cancelled it due to long delivery time, Ed will make .177's if you ask for them, I have also seen owners converting .22's to .177 as any reasonable machinist can do it in a few hrs. Regards these fakes, all i see is a new start up trying to force everyone to buy off that said start up, Edguns have been coming into the UK direct from Ed via Estonia, also from Spain and from the Netherlands, all were set to UK spec etc.

If you have signed a distribution deal then show us something solid with Ed's blessing, but don't come on saying there are fakes etc as I have not seen 1 fake posted on any forums, just legit Edgun R3's bought thru various sources.

The video on the other forum is of a guy who made his own version from what I see, it looks to be a side cocker version of he bsa ultra made into a bullpup and I probably know who built the gun, many make there own versions now, I have one on the go based on a regged scorpion action and it will look very very similar to the Edgun but be a 10 shot.

Nigel Smith100
27-10-2012, 10:10 PM
I agree with Bigtoe, a number of months ago I approached an vendor of good standing as far as I can tell.

The vendor had the Edgun I wanted (in .177) and could ship it to the UK.

The only reason the sale failed to complete was that they could not take a UK switch card, I was not prepared to offer a direct bank transfer or pay pal on a 1,400 rifle.

Nothing against the dealer I would not do this for any company (like writing an open cheque in my book)

Again the vendor is a main dealer not based in the UK but can be found redily on the internet both on U Tube and main search engines.

The rifle was .177 and was an Edgun as far as I was concerned.

Cheers Nige.

shotman
28-10-2012, 09:17 AM

lyndon@edgun.co.ok
Gunsmith.

"copies of Ed's work" what's unique?

bigtoe01
28-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Did some research, the "Edgun copy" was built by a guy named Huub a few years ago now, it was sold to a guy in Belgium and has now ended up in the UK. Knowing Huub it was based off a BSA Ultra.

lyndon2472
28-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Hubb indeed made a copy of the Edgun called the Edsan as it was built from a Hatsan , i know cos i bought it off him.
Allow me then to restate my position. we imported 3 .177 Edguns a few weeks ago we were charged more for them because we were told they were one offs he had never done before i dont know what i dont know.We have also recieved a complaint from the EU distributor to ED as we sold some Edguns to HUUB and his friends, before we realised this was stepping on some one elses toe,s we were asked not to do this again and assured it would not be done to us, if some one else is importing Edguns in to the uk we have not been informed of it i dont know what i dont know.
and finally i am aware of at least three makers of copy,s of Edguns not all of these rifles i have seen for sale state they are copy,s.
I had no idea the people on this forum were so well informed on Edguns and my appologies but the warning still stands you dont sell new Edguns for 1400 when ed sells them direct for 1600 euro,s.

lyndon2472
28-10-2012, 11:28 AM
i presume you mean any .177s are a fake. i and quite a few others bought our .22 guns direct from ed himself, cheshire gun room helped me with the importing, i happen to know a couple of those bought from ed have been for sale so they wouldnt be fake nor would mine if i was silly enough to sell it. so to claim all other edguns would be fake is to big a claim unless of course as said you are refering to .177..del

Moonbear i am well aware of your gun i have been on the same forum as you for over a year. yours was the first and after seeing it we decided to import them your rifle was the reason we bought the copy from HUUB and later from Ed direct.I am in contact with Huub he is a great guy and a Genius with PCP,s

rocketron
28-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi All
Just seen this thread, unsure about any copies of the Edgun Matador also a bit taken aback to hear that Ed as a dealer in the UK. I keep intouch with Ed after I bought a R3 and he as never mentioned that he as set up anybody in the UK to sell is guns, so I have sent him a E-Mail asking as I was thinking of ordering a .25. As for getting a .177 Ed will make if you order one, He sell all R3 for 1600 euros delivered and asks for a 300 euro deposit and full payment when gun ready for delivery. I have done this and so have others with no trouble. You may have to wait 6 months due to demand but to me it is well worth the wait.

moonbear
28-10-2012, 03:33 PM
i have just received a msg back from ed and he said..... Yes, Alex, buys guns from me, much more then anybody from England but I didn't give him an exclusive right of dealing for EDgun, anyhow he will have all my support regarding spare parts. But he writes me from this address: info@torques.co.uk

so there you have it any one else selling also as the right and is not fake...

bigtoe01
28-10-2012, 04:04 PM
i have just received a msg back from ed and he said..... Yes, Alex, buys guns from me, much more then anybody from England but I didn't give him an exclusive right of dealing for EDgun, anyhow he will have all my support regarding spare parts. But he writes me from this address: info@torques.co.uk

so there you have it any one else selling also as the right and is not fake...

performance car parts shop...so its not a dealer with exclusive rights..thought as much

lyndon2472
29-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Refer back to my first thread i never said exclusive, jees you guys are agressive, i said sole importer,(we import regularly no one else does i think that is fair to say?)
and i have written to Ed myself yesterday on the subject and low and behold got a reply, personaly even though i have sold three edguns in the last 2 weeks i think he is waiting for a better offer. let me restate my first post for the third time then.
There are people selling Edguns online they do not own
There are people selling copy,s of Edguns online without mentioning they are copy,s
Yes you can try and get an edgun yourself directly from Ed i have never said different
And apparently you can order .177,s from ed even though we had to pay extra for "retooling" for what we were led to beleive were the first.
And once again the warning still stands be carefull what you buy, at best it will have no back up for service or parts, at worse the stock is mdf and the action is a hatsan. Not that thats a bad thing HUUB,s gun was like that but he wasnt selling at Edgun prices, and made us aware it was a copy.
regards lyn.

lyndon2472
29-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Hi All
Just seen this thread, unsure about any copies of the Edgun Matador also a bit taken aback to hear that Ed as a dealer in the UK. I keep intouch with Ed after I bought a R3 and he as never mentioned that he as set up anybody in the UK to sell is guns, so I have sent him a E-Mail asking as I was thinking of ordering a .25. As for getting a .177 Ed will make if you order one, He sell all R3 for 1600 euros delivered and asks for a 300 euro deposit and full payment when gun ready for delivery. I have done this and so have others with no trouble. You may have to wait 6 months due to demand but to me it is well worth the wait.

The Yellow Forum

Search
Memberlist
You have no new messages
Log out [ lyndon2472 ]

Inbox Sentbox Outbox Savebox

TalonAirgun.com Forum Index
Inbox :: Message
To: lyndon2472
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:24 pm
Subject: matador
whats the price for each.

23 days ago.....and still "taken aback" ?

rocketron
29-10-2012, 03:30 PM
The Yellow Forum

Search
Memberlist
You have no new messages
Log out [ lyndon2472 ]

Inbox Sentbox Outbox Savebox

TalonAirgun.com Forum Index
Inbox :: Message
To: lyndon2472
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:24 pm
Subject: matador
whats the price for each.

23 days ago.....and still "taken aback" ?

Unsure what you are getting at but the only reason I ask was to see how much more you wanted then direct from Ed, I did not think you were a sole dealer for Ed. when I got your price back nearly fell of my seat. I will say that Ed as said that you buy a number of Rifles and get a better deal and that he will support you, but that any body can still deal direct with him.

lyndon2472
29-10-2012, 03:48 PM
At the time we only had a .177 left and as i have said he chaged us more we passed it on the .22 if we had them were 1600 not a lot of difference from 1600 euros direct with a 6 month w8ing list
as for the post i am wondering why your pretending you didnt know i was selling the rifles in the uk now when you tried to get one off me 3 weeks ago? forgive me if i am a little confused.

rocketron
29-10-2012, 07:31 PM
It seems that putting a rifle on a web site mean know that you are a dealer. When reading the tread I thought you had ordered the guns just to sell not as an approved dealer, and forgive me for repeating myself but Ed said that he only give you a discount due to the number of guns you buy. He has no agreement with you to be the sole supplier in the UK.

So let get back to your first entry. You say that you are the sole importer for the Edgun which is no true others and myself have and can import Edguns.
As for the ..177 I was going to order one around December 2011 but change my mind to .22 and Ed will make a .177 if anybody orders it, he will also do a .25.

If you are going to make yourself a trusted supplier I would suggest you start by not putting up dubious statements.

I have no issue with anybody promoting the Matador R3 and have no problems high lighting anybody tying to sell copies.

lyndon2472
31-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Sorry if you found my original post misleading in any way i simply ment, to my knowledge, no one else as a company is importing Edguns in quantity.
i have never eluded to any sort of exclusive or formal agreement.
On price alone i do not think anyone in the uk will ever be an offical dealer for ED the guns simply cost to much to sell in quantity, as has been pointed out to me several times (usually after i have told some one the price ) for this sort of money you can get a custom Daystate, if your prepared to deal with the apparently lousy service you get from them, but of course not everyone wants a rifle 30 people at any feild target club also have.

rocketron
31-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Here you go again, Daystate as a good warranty and service department. You are starting to sound like a politician alway slagging someone off.

woodpigeon
31-10-2012, 06:27 PM
woah chill people;)

aston_shooter
31-10-2012, 07:01 PM
woah chill people;)This Ed fella seems to have the boys fighting over him! Must be a special sort of chap :)

woodpigeon
31-10-2012, 07:06 PM
well you need to get your pennies saved and get your mitts on one:D

aston_shooter
31-10-2012, 07:16 PM
well you need to get your pennies saved and get your mitts on one:DToo many shooters already (and not enough money!) ;)

woodpigeon
31-10-2012, 07:29 PM
i had the same problem,so i cut right down the number of rifles and went for more unusual and maybe more exclusive stuff.;)

aston_shooter
31-10-2012, 07:31 PM
i had the same problem,so i cut right down the number of rifles and went for more unusual and maybe more exclusive stuff.;)I occasionally do the same thing, maybe next time.....

woodpigeon
31-10-2012, 07:38 PM
you know you want to:D

aston_shooter
31-10-2012, 07:53 PM
you know you want to:DLol, stop it, you'll make me poor :D