Thread: Official standards for calibration of chronos

Official standards for calibration of chronos

Is there one?

If I'm going to test, say, the breaking strain of a piece of steel cable and want to do it officially and say I'd done it officially I'd imagine my measuring equipment would have to be calibrated to an agreed standard.

There'd be a certificate and someone to issue that certificate on behalf of whoever officially looks after the calibration of...um...measuring devices for steel cable breaking strain (hey you can tell I know what I'm talking about can't you! )

Is there someone I could take a chrono to and get said chrono checked and have a certificate issued.

Police? Local authority/trading standards?

Any ideas?

UKAHFT chaps, for example, how do you guys ensure your PM110 is reading right?

Self edited because my reply wasn't really a reply to the question asked - just the question I thought was being asked. Must learn to read one of these days
    Last edited by Brian.Samson; 06-02-2006 at 01:03 PM.

Originally Posted by weevie
    UKAHFT chaps, for example, how do you guys ensure your PM110 is reading right?
    They don't
    we have the UKAHFT chrono checked at regular intervals, and have just had it checked ready for the new season you can usally get this done by the manufacturer of the chrono.
    º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°UKAHFT°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º

www.ukahft.co.uk

"Designed especially for air weapons, each CHRONO is individually calibrated to a master CHRONO with ISO 9001/9003 certification.

The certification of the Skan master CHRONO is carried out by the HOME OFFICE FORENSIC SCIENCE LABORATORY with calibration traceable to N.P.L."

from - http://www.skanar.co.uk/skchrono.htm

Any help? Anybody got any info on ISO stanards...?

Jason

"You see I'm against hunting, in fact I'm a hunt saboteur. I go out the night before and shoot the fox." - Tim Vine

ISO 9001/3 is a general quality assurance standard.

This will set out how you run your business/manufacturing process.
    You may have to have a calibration system in there but 9001 itself is not a product or test standard.

Hope this helps.

ATB
    Ray.

Oops - I misread the title of this thread when I replied earlier. I answered in the context of a standard power test when really it's a question about chronoscope calibration

So please ignore most of my earlier comments - just me being a plonker and not reading the question

Quote Originally Posted by Exverminator
    we have the UKAHFT chrono checked at regular intervals, and have just had it checked ready for the new season you can usally get this done by the manufacturer of the chrono.
    Lou

Who do you get your PM110 checked by? Is there still some kind of support here in Britain (I don't think Bigsby would fancy sending the club's PM110 to France! )?

I do have a number (obtained after exhaustive searching on here! ) for TargetTronics: 01423 500660

Is that still current?

Brian

No probs...as you'll notice above it's not so much for me but for the club's PM110. Since it's the club's chrono we do have to 'stress about it'...just a little and only if we feel like it!

Quote Originally Posted by weevie
    Brian
    No probs...as you'll notice above it's not so much for me but for the club's PM110. Since it's the club's chrono we do have to 'stress about it'...just a little and only if we feel like it!
    Ah well in that case, if you do manage to find out, I'd be interested in a working contact for TargetTronics so we can have our club PM110 calibrated as well.

all the best
    Brian

Tomahawkss is offline Nearly the "Last Man Standing"..... twice.
    Target Tronics
    15 Rudbeck Drive
    Harrowgate
    N. Yorks HG2 7AF
    tel 01423 885574

or it was when I brought my Chrono for my Birthday Jan 2006
    Andy
    Short Stroked Venom Tomahawk !

Cheers Toma'

I tried a number that looked suspiciously like that today but it gave me the "This number is not recognised" I probably mis-dialled

Anyway I'll try the number you gave tomorrow.

sniper22 Guest
    another pm110 customer here waiting to find a chrono tester too.

Chrono

I was deliberating about a decent chrono , and tried to ring this outfit- T.T , but was told the owner was up and leaving for Spain ......that was a year ago at least .. I bought the Skan instead . Easy to use , robust , just a shame the instructions are so basic , and I had to buy a connector for it to fit to the computer ..

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung
    I was deliberating about a decent chrono , and tried to ring this outfit- T.T , but was told the owner was up and leaving for Spain ......that was a year ago at least .. I bought the Skan instead . Easy to use , robust , just a shame the instructions are so basic , and I had to buy a connector for it to fit to the computer ..
    Coincidence your username as the Target-Tronics was Joe Young
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

I bought two PM110's from Joe Young (Target Tronics) just before christmas and spoke to him on the phone last week.

Kev
    You laugh at me because I'm strange I laugh at you because your stupid!
    A Turkey is for Christmas not for life.