Thread: rws 24 questions.

kewlsniper Guest

rws 24 questions.

I got a rws 24 couple months back
    questions:
    1. is there a certain scope / scope rings that are suggested for this rifle
    2. is this gun inaccurate i cant hit a bottle 70-80 ft away with iron sights
    3. I also cant break a bottle with it... is it weak?
    4. did i make a good choice on this gun?
    5. any upgrades?
    thanks for the help more questiosn later

Welcome aboard KEWLSNIPER. It is considered polite if you fill your location in your profile .
    Re the 24, from what I can recall. I dont think you will need any special mounts - just buy a good quality set with allen key fastening NOT the slotted screw type or if you can afford a one piece mount.
    If your concerned over its power, or lack of it, have it tested at your local friendly gun shop.
    If the rifle is in good working order generally the only upgrade I can think of is to p/x it against something more to your liking. I seem to remember the model 24 was imported by Webley a few years ago as the Air Wolf. Strange how companies keep re-using the same names. (e.g. Scorpion )

If Im wrong with any of the above Im sure someone will be along soon to help out.

HTH
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 06-02-2006 at 09:54 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

kewlsniper Guest

filled in my location... a lot differant from alot of the people on this board
    I was trying to zero in a scope today and my pellet is landing 3inches ( dont know that in metric ) and my scope wont adjust anymore up is fully up and its a finger length high

2. is this gun inaccurate i cant hit a bottle 70-80 ft away with iron sights
    Could be the gun that's off - at that range you should be able to tell, though, by adjusting the sights up down and sideways (I'm assuming the pellets are ok)..... draw a target on a big piece of cardboard so you can tell better where the pellets are hitting.
    3. I also cant break a bottle with it... is it weak?
    Not necessarily... some bottles are pretty tough; anyway, its safer to shoot at a tin can with the advantage of seeing afterwards where the hole is.
    ( dont know that in metric )
    Imperial is fine - we're British!
    I was trying to zero in a scope today and my pellet is landing 3inches
    and my scope wont adjust anymore up is fully up and its a finger length high
    landing 3 inches what? High or low?
    If the gun seems underpowered, would have thought the pellets would tend to hit too low not too high...
    Did you vertical-adjust the scope in the correct direction? (I ask because I can get that muddled myself)... if unsure, try turning the height knob quite a bit in the opposite direction -- any improvement then?

And if that doesn't work, before looking for new mounts try swapping the present ones front to back, just in case there's a slight variation in their height.

kewlsniper Guest
    the pellet is 3 inches down
    i'll do more zeroing tomorrow on this big carboard
    the gun doesnt seem low powerd as i can almost shoot it through one side of my dresser but its wierd it wont break a bottle.
    Edit: oh yea why doesnt the search work?

Quote Originally Posted by kewlsniper
    I was trying to zero in a scope today and my pellet is landing 3inches ( dont know that in metric ) and my scope wont adjust anymore up is fully up and its a finger length high
    If you have used up all the elevation adjustment on your scope try putting some backing spacers (35mm film neg. is ideal) between the REAR mount and scope. Try one piece first.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk