Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: s410 v mk 3

s410 v mk 3

have put large deposit on a mk 3 but in reading the threads about hft and the guns that are winning the matches it seems to me that the aa 410/400 is just as good a gun, well good enough to be of a similar standing in the results.
    so am wondering whether to get the aa 410 and get a nice scope with the difference or to stick with the mk 3 rt will be using it for hunting mostly but please dont say mk3 is too nice a gun to be dragged through bushes etc as far as i am concerned it is a tool and will be treated as such
    but i like the features on mk3 ie reg and lack of noise, but is heavy and can you get the aa with a silencer to match the hush from a mk3 with hw silencer?
    if no-one convinces me which one to get will look at air wolf/ Rapid MFR CS800
    btw have tried both guns aa and mk 3 rt and like them both .... a lot

Quote Originally Posted by murky
    have put large deposit on a mk 3 but in reading the threads about hft and the guns that are winning the matches it seems to me that the aa 410/400 is just as good a gun, well good enough to be of a similar standing in the results.
    so am wondering whether to get the aa 410 and get a nice scope with the difference or to stick with the mk 3 rt will be using it for hunting mostly but please dont say mk3 is too nice a gun to be dragged through bushes etc as far as i am concerned it is a tool and will be treated as such
    but i like the features on mk3 ie reg and lack of noise, but is heavy and can you get the aa with a silencer to match the hush from a mk3 with hw silencer?

the s410k is very bit as capable as the mk3 but it has 1 very good point the mk3 doesnt have.....a more attractive price tag and this means as you rightly said that you can buy a decent scope and other bits!
    i think the newest s410k is fitted with a regulator(or so the rumours say!)but if it isnt then bengarzy can fit 1 for you.

a tip on buying an s410k.....look at several s410k's in the shop at the same time and pick the best blued action and the best grained stock if you are buying walnut......if these are on 2 different guns ask to have the best blued action and best stock paired together.
    you are spending a decent wedge of cash and the shop assistant/owner would be stupid to say no and have you walk away.

silencers.....uk neil makes some very good silencers and from all accounts these beat most of the standard mass produced silencers.

hope this helps you!

If your going to get a MKIII get the sport its a great rifle and a lot cheaper than the RT
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

chris ballard Guest
    I have a 410k that has been Taylorised...cracking little gun.

The Logun silencer works very well, cant comment on comparison with UK neil's though Or the Mk3...bit bloody eavy for my liking.
    Last edited by chris ballard; 03-02-2006 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mfr marcus
    the mk3s is in a different league as far as engeneering & finish goes along with Daystates fantastic customer care .
    Posh electronics aside, i'd argue an S400/410 is better engineered. No faulting Daystates finish and customer care though.

A well set up S400 would be my choice, and spend the rest on glass, that bit makes the difference.

Mart.

Gary C Guest
    Look at the rifle the tops shots used last year and wonder why...

Perhaps they were all wrong and would have done better with a 400.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    Look at the rifle the tops shots used last year and wonder why...

Perhaps they were all wrong and would have done better with a 400.
    OK

Owen Rosser, MK3 (Paul Wilson stocked i believe)
    Gary Cooper, S400 + MK3 (Daystate sponsored ?)
    Tony Belas, MK3 (What else is he gonna use ?)
    Dave Stancomb, MK3
    Brian Samson, MK3 (Pauls Wilson stocked, ditched his FT MK3 for a Steyr)
    Pete Sparkes, MK3 (Daystate Sponsored)
    Rob Jones, (not sure, GML for R1)
    Mark Camoccio, (S400)
    Keith Wooley, (S400)
    Darren Petts, (MK3 then S400)

Paints an interesting picture.

Quote Originally Posted by murky
    get your self a wolf read the threads on here - there the bees knees - although i am still waiting for mine would appear daystate ran out of parts tuesday this week - ho hum hoping next tuesday will be a good day
    My Daystate Air Wolf
    revenge is a dish best served cold
    (old klingon proverb):

Try them all and make your own mind up, all are fantastic guns but not all might suit you.

Good luck
    Maverick
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    OK

Owen Rosser, MK3 (Paul Wilson stocked i believe)
    Gary Cooper, S400 + MK3 (Daystate sponsored ?)
    Tony Belas, MK3 (What else is he gonna use ?)
    Dave Stancomb, MK3
    Brian Samson, MK3 (Pauls Wilson stocked, ditched his FT MK3 for a Steyr)
    Pete Sparkes, MK3 (Daystate Sponsored)
    Rob Jones, (not sure, GML for R1)
    Mark Camoccio, (S400)
    Keith Wooley, (S400)
    Darren Petts, (MK3 then S400)

It would paint a better picture if it was accurate...
    I shot an EV2 for the latter half of the season and accuracy wise rate it on a par with the MK3, and nicer to shoot. I changed because the MK3 is a better HFT rifle than the EV2.
    The 400 simply wasn't as good and I ditched it after Lincoln.

Having said all that....

We are talking a VERY marginal difference.

If somebody is in their 1st season a 400 will be every bit as good
    Last edited by Gary C; 03-02-2006 at 12:49 PM.

SNAKEBITE is offline Somebody must love me.......
    What gun fits you better and are YOU going to notice the difference anyway?
    I have an S410k but would be just as shiite with an Mk3!
    I AM NOT RACIST, I HAVE A COLOURED TELLY

DaystateLtd Guest

Hi Martin

Yes it does but like all these things it depends on how you paint it!

For example, you do not mention that Mark's 400 is custom built gun By Airmasters and has a reg. (400 & HW100's are NOT regged by the way)

Keith is I believe supported by Air Arms.

Both Peter S & Gary have bought two MK3 each, that none of the MK3 in use have received any for of additional tuning and are straight out of the box
    & that Gary won the championship in 04 with a MK3 and no Daystate support.

More MK3s were used in HFT last year than any other type.

But it is easy to put a slant on things if you are only going to look at a slice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C

Having said all that....

We are talking a VERY marginal difference.

If somebody is in their 1st season a 400 will be every bit as good
    A marginal difference that costs £386 (Based on BAR price for MK3s and S400 Walnut. Having typed it out, its not THAT much is it, (cost of a Paul Wilson or some serious glass ?).

To be fair, the rifles are a league a part. The question that should be asked is are you good enough to notice ?

Mart.

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DaystateLtd
    Hi Martin

Yes it does but like all these things it depends on how you paint it!

For example, you do not mention that Mark's 400 is custom built gun By Airmasters and has a reg. (400 & HW100's are NOT regged by the way)

Keith is I believe supported by Air Arms.

Both Peter S & Gary have bought two MK3 each,
    Three...
    1*RT won 2004 sold because or arthritis
    1*Sport bought for Sammie because she stole my sponsored rifle
    1* Sport FAC Ultimate all round hunter

Plus the sponsored rifle

...and the Wolf...

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    A marginal difference that costs £386 (Based on BAR price for MK3s and S400 Walnut. Having typed it out, its not THAT much is it, (cost of a Paul Wilson or some serious glass ?).

To be fair, the rifles are a league a part. The question that should be asked is are you good enough to notice ?

Mart.
    Hi Martin

We just agreed. My prose wasn't good enough.. the marginal difference was in performance, hence my comment on the 1st year.

But then you get more than just a better rifle. The build quality on the MK3 is better. (No rusty barrels).
    The after sales service is far superior.