Thread: HW97k Mods

engin is offline If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...

HW97k Mods

I finally got to visit the BFTO yesterday and found the PCP's I had brought down were running out of puff so puled out the HW97k.

I had forgotten what fun shooting a springer was. Whereas my brother in law, son and nephew were shooting PCPs and were unable to hit many of the targets laid out, this heavyweight beast was getting nearly every target from 8 yards all the wasy out to 55 yards.

A lovely piece of kit and I think now definitely a "keeper". There are one or two little problems though:

The beast is LOUD when shot. Alright it is fairly new and still dieselling but what are the recommended way to get more silent shots?

Its v.heavy. Would a walnut stock be lighter?

Your thoughts on these rifles appreciated.

Cheers

E

i have just bought one

they are heavy but youll soon get used to it... or you could buy a sling and swivels for it

fire a couple of tins of pellets through so the spring can settle in

it is a fantastic rifle though much better than my (now sold) BSA Lightning XL
    Rhys
    Sako Finnfire .22lr

Paul Hudson Guest
    You'd be surprised how quiet they really are. Get someone else to shoot it while you stand a short distance away. Most of the noise you "hear" when shooting them is probably transmitted straight through your mastoid.

As for other work... Walnut is lighter, which is why I'm currently adding about three pound of lead to the back of mine. What is it with shooters these days? The 97 isn't THAT heavy... and I'm not a big bloke.

There's a world of tuning hints, tips and tricks for the 77/97.

There's a few threads running on my own forum (link in sig) about the joys of working on these beasts.

P.