Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEFTA Hunter Series 2006

NEFTA Hunter Series 2006

NEFTA will be hosting a 6 event HFT series this summer with a new Merit Award scheme.

Redfearns
    Anston
    Pontefract
    Thorn Dell
    Guiseley
    Emley Moor

None of the dates clash with UKAHFT, BFTA or WFTA events.

Entry is just £3.50 for adults and £2 for Juniors (14 and under)

Sure to be some of the most interesting and challenging HFT courses you'll attend this year. Rules and format will be very familiar to UKAHFT fans

For more details see this thread or visit the NEFTA Hunter website www.NEFTAHunter.co.uk

Hope to see you there

Can't wait until the Summer now

Dave.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Is there no even bigger grin smiley

Chris
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Yep , really looking forward to this.....if its half as much fun as a NEFTA winter league shoot, it'll be great.

To any lads in the NEFTA area(Hull to Leeds and Nottingham to Newcastle) that fancy having a go....come along , you wouldn't meet a nicer bunch of blokes.........well apart from Hotshot.... ....mind you Dave the way you're shooting lately(forget about Guisley) you should change your name to ****hot
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

The badges look superb, that platinum phoenix shall be mine one day, oh yes

Can we expect the usual high standard of NEFTA catering ?

These events will be run in the same way as the popular NEFTA Winter League events - So, Quality burger van and loos (of some description).

All the fun and banter of a NEFTA Winter League event - with bright sunshine

For those outside the region that would like to travel up/down on Saturday, we may be able to arrange camping on the Saturday night at some of the events (I'd imagine that Emley would be able to accomodate for both the Redfearns and Emley rounds, but of course that hasn't been confirmed yet) and it may be possible to camp for some of the other rounds as well.

If there's an interest I can find out.

The badges look awesome! - at the moment the bronze rabbit, silver rook and Platinum Phoenix badges are still in production so I don't have any photo's.

Looking at the list of venues, just winning 1 Gold badge is going to be hard enough! Winning the 4 required to win a coveted Phoenix badge is going to be virtually impossible.

Brian....i know i'm a bit dim but i can't find an application form???
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC
    They don't like you Chris, they even left you out of the NEFTA HFT squad, so i've put you in the UKAHFT squad

Brian looks good mate, will try to get to 1 or 2.

Pete

Darren Petts Guest
    No application forms Chris. Just as per winter league, just turn up and shoot. About only real organisational difference from a winter league shoot is that it's open to non-NEFTA members too.

Thumbs up

Looking forward to it.

We aren't going to run a pre-booking system on this one, as it's the first year. So there isn't a form to fill in at the moment - just turn up on the day.

I may however include a little applet on the website where people can register their intention to shoot - which will hopefully give us a better idea of numbers.

At the moment our Winter League FT events attract around 110 shooters per event, so I'm expecting similar numbers at these events.

Our initial plan is for 2 sessions (one at 9am and one at around 11:30am ~ish) that gives us a maximum of 186 competitors per event. Although if demand is much greater than expected, we may look at running a 3rd session or increasing the number of shooters per lane.

btw - these events are Open to everyone!, You don't need to have a BFTA card to shoot, although those that aren't a member of the BFTA will need to sign a visitors book so that they're covered by our insurance. (We're not trying to force anyone to join the BFTA , it's just the way our club insurance scheme works)

Cheers lads..

Pete, hope you can make it to a few shoots.....it would be nice to wish you "good luck"

Quote Originally Posted by sparky
    They don't like you Chris, they even left you out of the NEFTA HFT squad, so i've put you in the UKAHFT squad

Brian looks good mate, will try to get to 1 or 2.

Pete
    Hehe - in choosing the NEFTA squad we had to take great care, afterall we have to leave 'The Rest' with some small glimmer of hope. It just wouldn't be sporting otherwise

Pete - Looking down the list of venues mate, I wouldn't like to be faced with the choice of which 2 events to go to. Redfearns - well known for 'entertaining' HFT courses - and excellent practice for the Anglo American and UKAHFT event. No one in their right mind would pass up the opportunity of cursing Mr Highrise Baines and his evil target placement.

Pontefract - they've already started 'training' trees in readiness for a course to top all courses. They're going to move the firing line forward to give some really interesting shots in the Pontefract 'Bowl of Doom' and it will also mean that a large portion of the course should be open to spectators.

I think Guiseley will be one to put in your diaries.. We shot there last Sunday and the ground is possibly one of the best settings I've ever seen for an HFT event!!

Take a gander at this photo you can just about make out the huge quarry wall. I hope they can figure out a way of getting a safe backdrop for some elevated shots that would make Dave Baines envious.

The quarry wall must be about 40 yards high! and almost vertical... How often can you take a shot where the difference between prone and standing just means leaning forward a foot hehe and how many people know their aim point for a 40 yard shot at an inclination of 80 degrees!!

A unique opportunity not to be missed!

I could go on and on... ( and normally do ). I couldn't decide which one to miss, let alone which 2 I wanted to do, so I'll be shooting all of them.

How could any serious HFT shooter pass up the opportunity to shoot against some of the top FT shots in the World!

Cheers lads..

Pete, hope you can make it to a few shoots.....it would be nice to wish you "good luck"

Hehe Yes lads never speak to Chris when you are on for a clear

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson
    Hehe - in choosing the NEFTA squad we had to take great care, afterall we have to leave 'The Rest' with some small glimmer of hope. It just wouldn't be sporting otherwise

Pete - Looking down the list of venues mate, I wouldn't like to be faced with the choice of which 2 events to go to. Redfearns - well known for 'entertaining' HFT courses - and excellent practice for the Anglo American and UKAHFT event. No one in their right mind would pass up the opportunity of cursing Mr Highrise Baines and his evil target placement.

Pontefract - they've already started 'training' trees in readiness for a course to top all courses. They're going to move the firing line forward to give some really interesting shots in the Pontefract 'Bowl of Doom' and it will also mean that a large portion of the course should be open to spectators.

I think Guiseley will be one to put in your diaries.. We shot there last Sunday and the ground is possibly one of the best settings I've ever seen for an HFT event!!

Take a gander at this photo you can just about make out the huge quarry wall. I hope they can figure out a way of getting a safe backdrop for some elevated shots that would make Dave Baines envious.

The quarry wall must be about 40 yards high! and almost vertical... How often can you take a shot where the difference between prone and standing just means leaning forward a foot hehe and how many people know their aim point for a 40 yard shot at an inclination of 80 degrees!!

A unique opportunity not to be missed!

I could go on and on... ( and normally do ). I couldn't decide which one to miss, let alone which 2 I wanted to do, so I'll be shooting all of them.

How could any serious HFT shooter pass up the opportunity to shoot against some of the top FT shots in the World!

Hmmm sounds like some cracking venues.

Pete