Thread: HW silencer on CP99?

Newro Guest

HW silencer on CP99?

I have heard that air slips put of the magazine on CP88. But how good is a HW silencer on CP99? .177 110m/s

SWAT Strachan is offline I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me...
    Probably very effective, but be careful. I tried to use a Webley 8" BBMF silencer on my CP99, and the weight of it gradually bent the UNF adapter to the point that the pellets started clipping. Go for it if your adapter is a nice thick piece of steel, but remember it's still only held in place by one little screw...

An alternative would be to get a Soundbiter mod, apparently they work very well on CO2 guns and weigh next to nothing.
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

Newro Guest
    I saw that BAR got an adapter. Still the problem that it will bend? Can I glue it tighter?
    I already have the silencer (from another gun I dont use), so I dont think I will buy another one (Soundbiter is a silencer?).

I will probably test the adapter if noone screams that I shouldn´t.

Edit:
    It seems that BAR only got "Walther CP99 Silencer and Adaptor"? Can I only get the adapter from BAR? Does somone else sell it?
    Last edited by Newro; 10-02-2006 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newro
    I saw that BAR got an adapter. Still the problem that it will bend? Can I glue it tighter?
    I already have the silencer (from another gun I dont use), so I dont think I will buy another one (Soundbiter is a silencer?).

I will probably test the adapter if noone screams that I shouldn´t.
    You'll probably be OK. One thing to keep in mind is that the Webley BBMF is a HEAVY silencer, too heavy to be honest, but like yours, it was just lying around so I thought I'd use it . You could play safe and get a carbon fibre silencer, they weigh alot less than standard ones, at least in my experience they do,

...and yes, the Soundbiter is a silencer, the 'mod' bit is short for 'moderator', another name for a silencer.
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

Newro Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Strachan
    You'll probably be OK. One thing to keep in mind is that the Webley BBMF is a HEAVY silencer, too heavy to be honest, but like yours, it was just lying around so I thought I'd use it . You could play safe and get a carbon fibre silencer, they weigh alot less than standard ones, at least in my experience they do,

...and yes, the Soundbiter is a silencer, the 'mod' bit is short for 'moderator', another name for a silencer.
    How well did your silencer work when your adapter wasn´t crooked? Can you compare with something?

Quote Originally Posted by Newro
    How well did your silencer work when your adapter wasn´t crooked? Can you compare with something?
    All you could hear was the hammer hit the valve, there was no other noise at all. Well, maybe a very slight hiss from around the magazine where you get some leakage of CO2 but that was barely audible.
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤