Thread: Co2 Cylinder Valves - Paint Ball Experts?

Co2 Cylinder Valves - Paint Ball Experts?

Hi All.

I’ve been given a 244g Co2 cylinder that would have been used to pressurise a Home-brew keg.

The thing has a pin valve with a female thread, (thread on inside) but paint ball cylinders seem to have a male pin valve with the thread on the outside.

Is there any way of converting the cylinder to enable me to use it to bulk a Co2 rifle?

If I empty it and remove the female pin valve could I replace it with a male valve?

If I do change valves were could I get it filled?
    Are the US Co2 paint ball valves the same thread's as the European ones?
    Would a paint ball place accept it?

Is there a paint ball forum I could ask on (with out taking a beating)?

Were is the nearest paint ball "Co2 fill up" to Newton-Le-Willows Merseyside?

Regards Ora

Up Up and away

bunny_blaster Guest
    u will find the shops that fill co2 bottles for u wont fill american bottles. theyve got to be european tested. if u go on www.p8ntballer.com url be able to find out more about this subject.

cheers
    ben

The bottle is English but it dose not have a "paint ball Valve", it should be to the EU speck but needs an EU valve IF the valve is different from a US valve.

Regards Ora

ive just picked up 2 9oz co2 paintball bottles £25 delivered brand new uk supplier fast delivery or one for £14.99 !
    AA S410 .177k Ben taylored HW100KT .177 HW100KT .20. FX Wildcat .22

So I would need to get this sorted for under a Tenner, failure may compel me to start brewing again.

Regards Ora

Dead_eye Guest
    Ora8i- Il see if i can get you a spre bottle next time im marshalling mate, the co2 used in drinks machines is well under the pressure used in pb guns and air rifles and the bottles have a much lower test limit and tolerances etc.

And even if it wsa i wouldnt go messing around with the valve unless youve done it before, co2 is a different animal to air and although it has less pressure its freezes everything solid and brittle. Ive only ever seen to MAJOR valve faliures on co2 bottles, one was on a bulk fill bottle (5 ft high beast) that took out a brick wall and embedded its self 12ft in a mud bank not to mention the serious freeze burns and shock it gave all of us around it! The other ivolved a customer breaking the bottle bracket while he was on top of an 8ft barricade, the bottle fell smashed the valve of with the loudest bang ive ever heard and proceeded to smash through everything in its path for go knows how far- we never found it!!

Do you need anything else while im there like o-rings for the bottles??

Dead-eye.

Mmmm..

Brewing's looking better and better, I was going to buy a 3.5oz bottle of SteveD but I cancelled intending to put the QB on the back burner for a few months. However as I got a bottle I though I would see if I could use it; any thing for bulking a QB would need to be 3.5, 6 or 7 oz or they are just too big to use easily.

Many Thanks Ora

So can the valve be changed?
    Would Paint ball shops then fill it?

Regards Ora

AdrianAdrian Guest

Do PCP instead?

In my previous thread C02 to PCP you and Greyhair (sp?) said its very easy to convert co2 to PCP using a regulated supply paintball gun kit to take the pressure down to around 850-900psi .

You can buy reg'd air bottles from £50 and lines for about £30 that could be used on several guns.

Also: Links: www.cooper-t.com,