Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C02 : How long to leave in gun unused

It appears to be not cobblers, geezer, as stated here: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?t=75600
    Something to do with the fact that they used to be on ticket. I'm thinking of having an airsource XS/QB79, and it'll be a bugger if I have to discharge it every time I want to take it shooting.

Anthony
    In the beginning there was nothing, and it blew up.
    Leupy'd .22 Stealth, Weihrauch HW97 & 3-9x50, Modified Crosman Ratcatcher & AGS 4x40

_NPR_ Guest
    Theres prolly a very good reason why not.. but..

If you can use a pump to pump up a precharged rifle, or some sort of rifle
    (see I'm new to all this)

Why isnt there a special co2 capsule that has a 1 way valve, like on a lighter or something, that basically you could pump up using a pump, then when you put it in your gun the seal would be pressed again and it'd release the pressure.

Ok so it'd be air, and it wouldnt last as long.. but air is free..

*edit* I'm thinking this could be good for us lot with co2 guns for backyard plinking when things like power drop off and pinpoint accuracy arent important.. basically for summer days plinking at tincans etc.. not for hunting.

Old-gun Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ayjay
    It appears to be not cobblers, geezer, as stated here: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?t=75600
    Something to do with the fact that they used to be on ticket. I'm thinking of having an airsource XS/QB79, and it'll be a bugger if I have to discharge it every time I want to take it shooting.

Anthony
    well i stand corrected ,
    bit of a pain if you have an airsouce gun ,you would have to fire all 300 shots before you take it home

Markxman Guest
    [QUOTE=_NPR_]Theres prolly a very good reason why not.. but..

If you can use a pump to pump up a precharged rifle, or some sort of rifle
    (see I'm new to all this)

Why isnt there a special co2 capsule that has a 1 way valve, like on a lighter or something, that basically you could pump up using a pump, then when you put it in your gun the seal would be pressed again and it'd release the pressure.

Ok so it'd be air, and it wouldnt last as long.. but air is free..
    QUOTE]

Hey guess what someone has already done the drawings for you to make one for yourself, hit this link and then go to the section marked 4 REGULATED AIR CAPSULE :
    http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...3Doff%26sa%3DG

M@rk..

Regarding removing the cylinder ... I only use the small ones in pistols. I always use them to almost empty by firing pelets into my pellet trap .. after target use I put a few more interesting targets up ... old plastic party whizz things are fine. Then when the point comes when it is best to remove cyclinder or risk a stuck pellet (after 60 shots with a S7W, more with a CP88) I now try to vent through the valve system by pushing the hammer to release the valve. I used to simply release the gas cyclinder retaining mechanism and let the gas escape through the butt, but I was advised (via this forum???) to use the hammer method as it causes less harm to the cyclinder seals.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Markxman
    Does anyone on here know where in the u.k I can get the large containers of c02 the ones that all the Americans and the likes of Crooked barn boys have on their guns also does any one in the u.k sell all the gadgets and gizmo's like Crooked barn ???
    Hi Markxman

If you do a google search for T R Robb it brings up his shop and he does a few of the things like Crooked Barns stuff.

I bought a couple of things from him:
    1. Metal breach set ( Great except that the grub screw holding the barrel was a bit long and so was in the way of mounting my scope mounts. A quick file-down of the end of the grub screw fixed it.
    2. Silencer adapter ( Great except that when I got it it was such a tight fit with the silencer I thought one was faulty. After forcing the silencer to screw in once, which took a lot of effort, it now works a treat)

So providing you are okay to tinker a tiny bit its an okay place to get bits for your Crosman rifles.

Alex

Markxman Guest
    Cheers for that Alex, no I'm not afraid to tinker.
    I'm on the case as we speak
    M@rk..

Quote Originally Posted by Markxman
    Cheers for that Alex, no I'm not afraid to tinker.
    I'm on the case as we speak
    M@rk..
    Your very welcome
    Hope your tinkering goes well.
    My 2260 Rabbitstopper looks very nice now with the added bits and it was fun to do the choosing and adding.
    I looked on google and some links are to his old site.
    I think this one is the new one:
    http://www.trobb.f9.co.uk/

All the best

Alex