Thread: Air Arms Tx200HC internal Silencer - Anyone modded

Lancs Lad Guest

Air Arms Tx200HC internal Silencer - Anyone modded

All,

I picked up a nice lefty TX200hc, It was a long hard decision, but the AA took my cash.

The one that I picked up has an external silencer fitted, I dont like it. Ive noticed that you can get an internal silencer for it, but Ive been told they are crap.

Has anyone modded the internal silencer, or come up with one that is around 2 inches long plus the internal job.....Would probably give you a 4 inch silencer combined....

Let me know....

What a good idea.

When I get round to sending it off to him. UK Neil is doing me an airstripper insert to go in the place of the original plenum thingy and provide an 1/2"UNF thread for me to stick on my silencer of choice.

If you can calm the twang (if yours does) then they are reasonably quiet with just the insert (for a springer).

Rich
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    The plenum incert is WELL good enough in my opinion,ive used me mates HC plenty and at 20/25 yards it as quiet as you will ever need believe me!Most of the noise of a springer is the actual mechanics of the action,face pressed against the cheek piece you are picking up all the vibrations from the rifles action and noise right though your head and ear!in my opinion the incerts get slagged for no good reason,its well up to the job.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE C
    The plenum incert is WELL good enough in my opinion,ive used me mates HC plenty and at 20/25 yards it as quiet as you will ever need believe me!Most of the noise of a springer is the actual mechanics of the action,face pressed against the cheek piece you are picking up all the vibrations from the rifles action and noise right though your head and ear!in my opinion the incerts get slagged for no good reason,its well up to the job.
    Agree totally - I have a TX HC and am more than happy with the internal plenum insert. I also have a Parker Hale screw in job, but to be honest - there is barely any difference in noise with this fitted. Like Dave says, most of the noise is due to the action, not the muzzle blast.

An external silencer also makes it pointless buying the carbine in the first place as you lose its compactness.

Stick with the insert only and enjoy what is, a stunning air rifle

Paul.

Northernspark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lightning22
    When I get round to sending it off to him. UK Neil is doing me an airstripper insert to go in the place of the original plenum thingy and provide an 1/2"UNF thread for me to stick on my silencer of choice.

If you can calm the twang (if yours does) then they are reasonably quiet with just the insert (for a springer).

Rich
    Ahem

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O
    Ahem

Steve

Lancs Lad Guest
    Im getting it venomed next week or so, ordered the internal plenum job, so I might order 2 and have a tinkle with the other one.

Cheers for the heads up.

Lancs Lad Guest
    How much are you getting charged for it lightening.......Might be interested in one myself...

Will just need to find a 2 inch silencer then with a thread insert...

Quote Originally Posted by BSA_LightningXl
    Anyone that think's the noise reduction of the plenum insert is not that much different to a full length silencer. TRY A WEIHRAUCH mod with adapter!
    have you compared the two on the same rifle ???......interested as iam thinking of the weihrauch for mine...
    the plenum does a resonable job IMO but dont think it can match a proper external one
    'The person who sais it cannot be done should not interupt the person doing it' _ old chinese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Lad
    How much are you getting charged for it lightening.......Might be interested in one myself...

Will just need to find a 2 inch silencer then with a thread insert...
    No idea, not had chance to send it off yet, had the week from hell so far. Knowing neil it will be well made and not very expensive (for the work that will have gone into it).

Rich

Plenum Insert

I had a an adaptor which was an exact copy of the plenum insert, with a 1/2 unf thread on top off it, all made from brass.

So th rifle was quiter as it had a plenum insert, then you could screw any 1/2 female threaded silencer on, if the need arose, and it only increased the rifle length by about 1/2 inch without an extra silencer fitted.

I bought it of the BBS, although I don't know who made it.

Regards

Ben

Lancs Lad Guest
    Anyone know of a 2 inch silencer then? Or who could make one up.

UKNeil, is this in your capabilities along with the modded plenum for the internal...

If so, drop me a note....will have some buisness for you.

sniper22 Guest
    ring me jon, and i dont mean that in a poo chute type way either, not even a puckered porthole affair.