Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it £70 that should be spent

mattu3 Guest

Is it £70 that should be spent

After trying a 95k and a bsa lightning xl, i settled for the xl even though the 95 had more power, but i liked the bsa's look and feel. But today the owner of my gun shop said he would order me in a tx200 for £70 more... Should i or shouldn't i...

ermmmmmmm YES!

Hell of a gun is the TX, but bear in mind the extra weight - the XL is a capable gun in its own right.

Also note you can get a TX for around £150 from here secondhand

Tx200 £254.95 from JSR !

a bit of weight always helps a springer, if your so weedy you can't shoot a heavier springer, you need to buy a heavier springer. hehe

Why does the 95 have more power than the XL?
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Quote Originally Posted by Davestate
    Why does the 95 have more power than the XL?
    Beat me to it..! If you can afford the TX, go for it, a lot better than the 95 or XL, good guns though they are.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

mattu3 Guest
    Hah the xl felt like a longer pistol to me very light, and it looked far better than the 95. It was doing 10ft/lbs i tried another and that was only doing 9.5. The 95 i tried was doing 11.8, i took my own chrono they must've thought that was weird. I just wonder wether im goint o be put off by the tx's underlever system, and it doesn't look as good as the xl imo.

Born Again Guest
    The TX is a bit fiddly to load but it's a brilliant gun. I have the MK2 which has (apparently) a slightly different firing cycle but I can say it's a damn nice rifle. The MK3 has easier cocking and a silencer/shroud too. Really nice build quality and a doddle to work on. Only problems are that they can be a bit hot and are heavy. 5 stars from me.

Get the TX - tis a far better gun in almost every respect - trigger, accuracy, action smoothness, build quality, finish.....

No contest....TX

jim
    ex blue job

if weight wasnt a personal issue i'd go for the tx but i like light/middleweight springers and i'd rather have the 95k over xl.

the 3 rifles are certain extremely capable rifles but resale would also be a factor and the tx would go quite easily.

I have both a 95 and a TX200HC, and I can't choose between them even now. The differences in each seem to cancel themselves out. If the TX were the same weight as the 95 there would be no contest, but it ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by mattu3
    But today the owner of my gun shop said he would order me in a tx200 for £70 more... Should i or shouldn't i...
    I am confused as you have ordered a gun & the owner has ordered yoou a completley different one to the guns you prefer.Do you have to ask for a tin of 177 when you want a tin of 22 pellets in there. Steve
    Is the gunshop near Welling

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan
    Beat me to it..! If you can afford the TX, go for it, a lot better than the 95 or XL, good guns though they are.

Gus
    I haven't owned an XL so can't comment but wouldn't necessarily agree that the 95 is inferior to the TX. For those that like a lighter rifle, a nice tuned 95 is a fantastic choice and probably no more money than a good TX. I had one and still regret selling it even though I replaced it with a Pro Sport which is lovely.
    Andy's point about weight is fair and if the rifle is to be used only for competitive target shooting then yes, the TX without a doubt. If you want it for general use then the 95 warrants serious consideration.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.