Thread: Bench testing tip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mark03r View Post
    I've seen the bag type supports people use but just had a look around and cheapest i can find them is £20. seems a little expensive. Bench idea is good though.
    Keep an eye out in the poundshop type stores (also places like Home Bargains) for fabric doorstops. They're perfect for shooting off.

Make your own bean bags out of some old socks and fill them with either polystyrene balls (craft shop, used for stuffing toys) or sand from the builders yard/beach whichever is more convenient.

If you are lucky to have an understanding seamstress available, bigger bags than socks can be made for pence - you might just have to turn a blind eye to the colour scheme.

Got a couple of tips...One might sound a bit...Odd.

The first one I like to use when zeroing in, is an old wooden seat my father made me when I was a kiddy, apart from sitting on it I had no other idea of how or why I would want to use it - its tiny. That is until I was looking for some kind of rest thingy-ma-jig to rest my rifle on & found that this little wooden seat works very well. Its about 1ft long and a little under 1ft in height and has 'V' shaped legs so its perfect for holden my beloved Concept Super Six in. Plus, when laying prone its just the right height and it is pretty much boxed shape so I can hold a few things in it, pellets, lense cleaing clothes etc.

The other tip is kinda "different" but quite effective although worries me of what goes through my mind, but anyway. It being, a bra. Yes, one of those lady-girl things. Simply get the 2 peices that join up at the rear of the lady-girl and securely nail to the upper part of a door frame (garden shed, back door looking outside etc) at about 2ft apart, then its just a case of placing your rifle inbetween the cups or whatever they're called. And there you'll have a quite effective support for your air rifle. However, adjustments to the bra may need to be thought through due to ones height etc. Also, "cups" of the bra can be used to store pellet mags depending on size of the bust.

Warning: Lady-girl could possibly be very angry! I shall not take any responsibilities of any unhappiness, marital disputes etc!
    'It's possible. The point is getting away with it. And speaking as a professional, that's a very important consideration.'

The home made bean bags are great.

Good tip this i never put mine down dont want marks on the stock. Put a camo sleeve over mine just so i dont get any knicks on the stock! Sad i know but the stock stays like brand new...

Work Bench sounds great, I've been having problems with a set up for this and I never thought of that.

[QUOTE=jackal;5028821]Got a couple of tips...One might sound a bit...Odd.

The first one I like to use when zeroing in, is an old wooden seat my father made me when I was a kiddy, apart from sitting on it I had no other idea of how or why I would want to use it - its tiny. That is until I was looking for some kind of rest thingy-ma-jig to rest my rifle on & found that this little wooden seat works very well. Its about 1ft long and a little under 1ft in height and has 'V' shaped legs so its perfect for holden my beloved Concept Super Six in. Plus, when laying prone its just the right height and it is pretty much boxed shape so I can hold a few things in it, pellets, lense cleaing clothes etc.

The other tip is kinda "different" but quite effective although worries me of what goes through my mind, but anyway. It being, a bra. Yes, one of those lady-girl things. Simply get the 2 peices that join up at the rear of the lady-girl and securely nail to the upper part of a door frame (garden shed, back door looking outside etc) at about 2ft apart, then its just a case of placing your rifle inbetween the cups or whatever they're called. And there you'll have a quite effective support for your air rifle. However, adjustments to the bra may need to be thought through due to ones height etc. Also, "cups" of the bra can be used to store pellet mags depending on size of the bust.

Warning: Lady-girl could possibly be very angry! I shall not take any responsibilities of any unhappiness, marital disputes etc! [

Last edited by sirmissalot; 16-05-2019 at 09:40 PM.