Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bench testing tip

Cool Good cheap idea

Great cheap idea

Hi some verry goog tips on hear thanks

Great tip

thanks for this - had some clamps in the toolbox which i've never used!!

works a treat

Guitar Wall Mounted Bracket

Guitar Wall Mounted Bracket screwed on a block of wood and you can use it to shot of

Cool uk purchase

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    These are worth every penny for serious bench resting particularly with a rear bag

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=412484
    can this be purchased from any UK suppliers? I had something similar a few years ago, but gave it away - and wish i hadn't!!

Hi guys

Bean bag bench rest for me

Very helpful tip nice one

Quote Originally Posted by MacSniper View Post
    can this be purchased from any UK suppliers? I had something similar a few years ago, but gave it away - and wish i hadn't!!
    Sorry that I was late in spotting this but try Amazon.co.uk! They have that one and many many more! Just searched for "rifle shooting rest" and found loads!

Also, rod rests from fishing tackle shops! Some are rubber (about £5 for a pack of 2) and I screw them into my workbench edge to keep rifles safely propped up whilst having them handy for service etc! Could likely be adapted for use with shooting bench too!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Been doing it wrong again

Great thread. I understood that a springer had to be un-clamped because it was supposed to move to absorb the spring shock. If I can zero it by clamping life would be a lot easier.

Simple things in life

Sometimes i cant see the wood for the trees, what a great collection of idea's .

Some interesting ideas but one to be aware of is when using a Deben bench shooting rest, the rifle can over balance which happened to me, some rifle scopes are very heavy making the rifle top heavy and the slightest degree out of centre can have the gun over. I found all kinds of new swear words when that happened to me.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philpot View Post
    Some interesting ideas but one to be aware of is when using a Deben bench shooting rest, the rifle can over balance which happened to me, some rifle scopes are very heavy making the rifle top heavy and the slightest degree out of centre can have the gun over. I found all kinds of new swear words when that happened to me.

Phil
    I have been bags, plus bench rest type rest, plus two small tripods, plus trigger sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermick View Post
    This is to protect damage to the rifle when zeroing off a bench. Instead of laying the gun on it's side in between shots, get some of the rubber jawed plastic clamps sold by DIY/Homebase for clamping woodwork.
    Clip the jaws onto the front of the stock/receiver and it acts as a bipod, keeping the gun upright 'til the next shot.

One of JDP's many tips
    Mick
    What a great simple tip

Useful , I even have a set I can use.

[QUOTE=jackal;5028821]Got a couple of tips...One might sound a bit...Odd.

The first one I like to use when zeroing in, is an old wooden seat my father made me when I was a kiddy, apart from sitting on it I had no other idea of how or why I would want to use it - its tiny. That is until I was looking for some kind of rest thingy-ma-jig to rest my rifle on & found that this little wooden seat works very well. Its about 1ft long and a little under 1ft in height and has 'V' shaped legs so its perfect for holden my beloved Concept Super Six in. Plus, when laying prone its just the right height and it is pretty much boxed shape so I can hold a few things in it, pellets, lense cleaing clothes etc.

The other tip is kinda "different" but quite effective although worries me of what goes through my mind, but anyway. It being, a bra. Yes, one of those lady-girl things. Simply get the 2 peices that join up at the rear of the lady-girl and securely nail to the upper part of a door frame (garden shed, back door looking outside etc) at about 2ft apart, then its just a case of placing your rifle inbetween the cups or whatever they're called. And there you'll have a quite effective support for your air rifle. However, adjustments to the bra may need to be thought through due to ones height etc. Also, "cups" of the bra can be used to store pellet mags depending on size of the bust.

Warning: Lady-girl could possibly be very angry! I shall not take any responsibilities of any unhappiness, marital disputes etc! [

Last edited by sirmissalot; 16-05-2019 at 09:40 PM.