Quote Originally Posted by Cerebral Chasm View Post
Thank you Mick,

Being new I need useful tips like this.

Cos when you are not sure what you are doing when zeroing in a new rifle, it can take rather a long time
If you are trying to zero it in still, remember the scope clicks move the crosshairs to the last bullet hole you made by 1/4 inch per click and then you move the gun and sights High-Clock, Right-Clock is how I remember it. If its landing high, I click the top turret clockwise, anti-clockwise if its going low. If its going right, turn the side turret clockwise, if its going left, turn the side turret anti-clockwise. You should be able to work out how many clicks either way to get it right by the distance you are from the target and how far the shot was away from where you hit.
If you were 100m away and one inch to the left off, wind the side turret 4 clicks and it should hit the spot. Start at 25 metres so you dont have to walk so far, and make a adjustments, dead on at 25 metres can still be a bit out at longer ranges, but start at the short range. Try aiming at each subsequent bullet hole and this will show were minor adjustments are needed. Pay attention when adjusting dont just twiddle.
I thought I know a bit about it, but yesterday it took me ages to get it shooting 2 inches low at 50metres to suit a better trajectory , it had been dead on at 50m which made it way too high at closer ranges, so I had been missing close shots. Good Luck