Thread: Recommended scopes for HFT?

matt.b24 Guest

Recommended scopes for HFT?

What is the generally recommended scope requirements for HFT...I have a 3.5-10x42 at the min...not sure if this is powerful enough though ...opinions welcome...

Lash13 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.b24
    What is the generally recommended scope requirements for HFT...I have a 3.5-10x42 at the min...not sure if this is powerful enough though ...opinions welcome...
    10x mag is perfect for HFT. The quality of the scope obviously matters and mildots or something similar are good for bracketting/range finding etc.
    The Bushnell 10x40 Elite is a very popular scope for HFT at around £150 from someone on here...Bones or Davestate. The 10x42 EB Sniper is good, about £300 off Sparky... or the Leupold 10x40 at around £800 is also good

Best thing is to go to a club and join in, then you'll find out what you need.
    Lee

matt.b24 Guest
    What about my BSA bigcat 30mm......

any scope you want to use for hft will work. its FUN if however you want to compete to a good standard then you might wanna get a bit of a better scope but try it with that one and see what you think about it. no point getting a scope then decieding hft isnt for you
    ford focus. 133bhp 262ft/ib of torque
    anshutz 8002
    RIVINGTON RIFLEMEN & WENDOVER FTC

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    I use a bushnell legend 5-15x40 and it's spot on for hft! the only critisim I could find would be to that the mildots are a bit to far apart to be useful and the cross hair is quite thick on the lower mags

The big question is do you only want the scope for hft? If so the fixed 10 mag sniper style scopes seem to be the choice.

I also have a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 and find it fine for hft. Like someone else said the mildots arent spaced well for airgun use. 1 dot down is 45yards for me (.177 30y zero). I like the chunky reticule and the clear optics. Focus is excellent which is good for HFT as you cant adjust your parallex once shooting.

Simon.
    Beretta 692 30" Sporter L/H Adjustable Stock
    Crooked Barn 2240 .22

matt.b24 Guest

Smile

The scope would be for general usage , however it seems that judging by the comments recieved that the scope I have now would be fine for the level I am at.....which is probably very novice compared to many on the forum....many thx...cheers Matt