Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A good idea maybe?

matt.b24 Guest

A good idea maybe?

Just reading several threads recently seems to indicate several situations whereby people have been unhappy with the outcome of transactions that they have entered in.......obviously because of the nature of this forum it would be and is impossible to guarantee the actual identification of anybody and so there really is only trust to rely on......i think any genuine buyer or seller with his own address / bank account should set up there own PAYPAL account......a system used through **** to cut out the mess in between..ie checks..postal orders etc.....if BBS suggested it as a link sure there would be many takers...

But not everyone would trust P@yp@l.

matt.b24 Guest
    If you trust PAYPAL when buying from one stranger to another your screwed.....

Ideot Savant Guest
    paypal dicked me around for ages and by ages I meen months. I had a couple of hundred quid with them I couldnt get at. I'll never use them again.

matt.b24 Guest
    The whole point of PAYPAL is security.....more people get screwed sending cheques and postal orders than they ever do using a dedicated secure money transfer system...your also covered by any fraud to the extent that anyone falsely selling an item will def be tracked down...

matt.b24 Guest
    What do u mean by you had a couple of hundred quid with them...

matt.b24 Guest
    IF you use the service purely to transmit money from one account to another there should be no problems in between....

paypal was good until i had to become 'verified' this just confused the hell out of me and so now i pay in cheque or credit card
    ford focus. 133bhp 262ft/ib of torque
    anshutz 8002
    RIVINGTON RIFLEMEN & WENDOVER FTC

matt.b24 Guest
    Surely when people are considering large money transactions ie £200 plus faith and goodwill riding on a thin paper cheque is just asking for Dick Turpin to tap you on the shoulder.....

Paypal.

It's now been 2 weeks that I've waited for them to verify my account.
    I understand they credit your bank account with 2 small sums and you have to confirm how much and when they were credited..

Still waiting...
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

matt.b24 Guest
    Should have stuck with it dude ..once you had been set up you definately seen the advantages....you can buy from the USA for instance without any fuss as easily as you can buy from someone in the UK....

Ideot Savant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.b24
    What do u mean by you had a couple of hundred quid with them...
    I had sold some tickets via e bay, the money went into my paypal account. I then moved house and when I wanted to transfer the cash to my bank account they wanted me to verify my address and bank account number. They didnt like my new details and wouldnt transfer the cash to my bank account because of the "wrong address".
    I couldnt verify my paylal account with them so in the end I just used up the money in the account buying stuff off e bay. Strange that they were happy for me to keep the money there, but not transfer it....but I could buy things with it.
    Hopeless bloody system, search the internet for "paypal sucks" and you'll find loads of complaints.

Ideot Savant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.b24
    Should have stuck with it dude ..once you had been set up you definately seen the advantages....you can buy from the USA for instance without any fuss as easily as you can buy from someone in the UK....
    you can do the same with your credit card.

matt.b24 Guest
    Of course they have to verify the account .....to check that your who you say you are ...something a forum like BBS can't do... hence the reason why some people are being ripped off....

matt.b24 Guest
    No way would i give anyone my credit card details dude.......not unless they were called Amazon.com or maybe Tesco online....but they dont do a good line of second hand bespoke rifle butts