Thread: BSA Super Ten MKII - Gun will not discharge air with a full air cylinder?!?!

BSA Super Ten MKII - Gun will not discharge air with a full air cylinder?!?!

Fellas,

I topped off my Super Ten's bottle today, added molykote to the ring, threaded it back on nice and snug, loaded and full magazine, cycled the bolt, squeeze the trigger and "click", did it again, same results, slowly unthread the bottle and the normal quick rush of air, so I go and grab the bottle off my other Super Ten, thread it on and same results!!!

Any idea of what to check for/what may have happened and how to fix it?!?! Any help is greatly appreciated...

Regards,

Tony

Any idea of what to check for/what may have happened and how to fix it?!?! Any help is greatly appreciated...
    Hi Trojan1994,
    It sounds as if your getting a higher pressure of air, direct from the bottle because the regulator is not working correctly as it should (delivering a lower measured amount of air pressure to the knock open valve).

As a suggestion......

Remove magazine.
    Rotate the air bottle 1 whole turn.
    Fire off excess pressure from regulator. [You'll know when it's empty.]
    Remove buddy bottle completely.

Now this is the dangerous bit, so care must be taken.

Put the gun on a rest. [You may need both hands.] With the buddy bottle off and all air removed from the reservoir, draw back the bolt into the rear locked position.

Approach the muzzle, and preferably using a mirror, and inspect the barrel. Even using a mirror with moderate daylight, you should see light coming from the pellet loading section of the barrel. Get a friend to shine a torch from there if necessary.

It sounds like you may have a breech full of pellets.....
    To be good, one must do good.

I prefer the suitably sized cleaning rod down the muzzle type approach myself after taking all the safety precautions mentioned.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks mates, I'll try to bleed off extra pressure and clear any pellets

and let you know what has happened or not happened...

Regards,

Tony

Arghhh!!! Still not working...

I checked for stuck pellets, barrel is clear, in hindsight the magazine was empty when I attached the air cylinder...

I then removed the valve assembly, unscrewed the Anti Bounce Tube(Part #45) to check if the C-Clip was still attached near the valve stem, and it was, reassembled the valve assembly to make sure that the Anti-bounce ball(Part #46) was in the detent, put everything back together, attached the buddy bottle, cocked the gun and squeezed the trigger, nothing...

Anymore ideas?!?! Airguns of Arizona thinks the regulator is bad...

Regards,

Tony

Hi - You could try removing the regulator and shaking it. If it rattles, the piston's stuck and it will need servicing. This happened to mine, but it still fired - so may not account for your problem. Good luck.
    SJ

No rattles, its tight as can be...have a new regulator coming from the U.K. now...

Quote Originally Posted by essjay
    Hi - You could try removing the regulator and shaking it. If it rattles, the piston's stuck and it will need servicing. This happened to mine, but it still fired - so may not account for your problem. Good luck.
    SJ
    hopefully it doesn't get hung up in customs, etc...

Regards,

Tony