Thread: Sometimes the seller is not at fault.

martin bb Guest

Sometimes the seller is not at fault.

There has been a lot on here recently about bad deals and i now find myself in a position where the reputation i have built up for deals could be wiped out. Im putting this post on here because after the deal was done i deleated his details and also to cover myself.
    I recently sold 2 HW100 mags to a N.R.Munro from Sheffield they were sent recorded as this is the way i send everything, now the problem the PO tried to deliver them on Monday 13th and left a card, the parcel has now been returned to me as it was'nt called for. Do i take a chance and resend them or wait for a post on here saying "i bought mags off Martin and have'nt recived them"

Arrow

Martin I would re-send them.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

hadaka-jimi Guest
    Ask him for a daytime delivery address.

If it is recorded delivery and a card was left they usually ask the person to whom the mail has been sent to call to arrange another delivery time or to collect it from the post office sorting office.

Surprised they returned it to sender ??

Dont think you should have to stump up for 2nd postage if he asked you to send it to an address that he was not present at or could respond to a failed delivery card ?

martin bb Guest
    I dont mind the second postage i just dont want it laid in a sorting office for a week and then returned to me again.
    HJ on a recorded delivery slip there is one that you put your name@addy on so it can be returned to you in this situation
    Thanks for the replies.

sccs Guest
    you got a phone no for him?

you only really have 3 choices...

sent it again, or wait till he sasy where is it.. or get hold of him and either arrange redelivery or an alternative address..

as you say they keep it in the po for a week before return to sender.

its a hard decision m8.

Ideot Savant Guest
    Post him a letter asking what you should do?

Bang them back in the post - you can afford it - your loaded!

(Damn. There goes one of MY green snots. )

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

SNAKEBITE is offline Somebody must love me.......
    As a last resort send them by normal post and make the envelope "letter box" sized. It got there the first time alright!

Sometimes you can only help people so much, after that they are on their own.
    I AM NOT RACIST, I HAVE A COLOURED TELLY

Markxman Guest
    He could well be sat at home cussin you as the p.o. and most of the courier companys hardly ever leave cards as they say. I used to work for a cust/serv office and we would send 20-50 shortages a day with the aforementioned and they would always say we left a card but never actually did and a lot of the time they wouldn't even try to deliver it because they have run out of time, exactly the same thing happened to me when I bought my s16 I called up the courier to ask where it was and what time they thought it would be with me and I was told that I was carded at 10.00 am which was b---sh-t as I was sat at home watching telly waiting for it and my telly is beside my huge front window which looks out to the front door so I would be inclined to contact him any way you can then at least if he kicks off you have proof that you have tried to let him know about the situation.
    M@rk..

martin bb Guest
    Thanks for the replies im going to hold on to it and wait for him to make contact, does anyone know him???

Jonesy im watching you.

Quote Originally Posted by martin bb
    Jonesy im watching you.
    Good. Learn by my good example!
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by wadoka
    Post him a letter asking what you should do?
    This seems like an excellent first step to me, for the price of a stamp only.