Thread: Theoben E-Type....

SVRider Guest

Theoben E-Type....

I'm just curious...are these available in the UK yet? I haven't really read much of anything about them yet.

On this side of "the pond", there is apparently only one. A dealer bought the show sample after the SHOT show, but that's all they said.

I'm curious how much is given up with the seemingly tiny reservoir. It's about the size of a BSA TechStar. At FAC levels, I'd guess only 20-30 consistent shots. Not sure how it would do at 12fpe though.

Does anyone have any feedback yet? Really looking forward to reading some good reviews...

Thx!

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    Hi there

I like them. I want one.

Laity
    Last edited by laity; 21-02-2006 at 01:07 PM.

xrobvrsx I think is his username mate.
    He should be able to sort you out with details.
    The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk but originally a Brummie
    Quote Originally Posted by Young_Gun
    xrobvrsx I think is his username mate.
    He should be able to sort you out with details.
    Indeed Roy is right, Rob has the first one as far as I am aware.

AndrewB

SVRider Guest
    Thanks for the reply. Are you allowed to discuss the "rumors"?

Looked like just about everything I could ask for in an AG (save the smallish reservoir). First runs of new models of anything are prone to bugs. What sort of things have you been hearing if you don't mind sharing?

Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by laity
    Hi there

I am told by two people in the know that they are not that good at the mo....BUT they look to be a gun worth having in the future...i am told

Laity

SVRider Guest
    Wow Rob! Thanks for the reply and for all the great information. Good to get so much detailed information from someone so close to the project.

I had found your posted pics previously searching this forum. Thank you for mentioning it though.

Are the barrels the same as the Rapids? (...and do they also then have the preference for CP's?) Are the shrouds the same diameter as the MFR? (I'm curious how much space is there...i.e. How big of a shroud could be put on there).

Lastly, how do you like the bolt system? How smooth is the bearing system on the bolt? My favorite action thus far is my Logun Axsor (super-slick and the handle comes out the back of the action like it is supposed to). I can work it nearly as fast as my FX SuperSwift (Logun D8). Personally, I prefer it to my FX Tarantulas or my former Rapid.

...and 100 shots at 12fpe? That sounds prettty good for as small as the reservoir is. I would imagine at FAC levels it would be about 25-30% of that (seems to be the norm). Hmmmm.....I may just have to get a regged, non-FAC for backyard plinking with those kind of numbers.

Many thanks!

Richard

Theoben E-Type reasoning

Hi there, thanks for very informative posts. I am new to the technicalities of air rifles but I recently decided that the e-type was going to be the way to go.
    My reasons are : -
    - I wanted a pre-charge
    - Ambidextrous (as I'm left handed, but want to share rifle with my son)
    - Silent.
    - bolt reversible (which sadly drew me away from the Weihrauch HW100T)
    - .177 as I am moving back to South Africa at the end of the year and anything below .22 is unregulated ie. .22 and above needs a firearm certificate.
    - A gun to keep for the long term
    - Looks (the shrouded barrel version looks great IMHO)

My only questions left are : -
    - Can this rifle be deregulated by a gunsmith in SA to more than 12lb/ft?
    - Is there a scope under £100 that would match this rifle nicely?
    - What mounts to use?
    - If I was to choose one air charging bottle, which would it be? Or is there a stirrup pump available?
    - Do people buy from Theoben themselves? Or is it best to use a helpful dealer to answer any future questions on the outfit as a whole?
    - I live in Newbury, Berkshire and would really appreciate the recommendation of a good dealer. Driving distance up to 200 miles not a problem.
    - Would this be the nicest gun on the market in .20?

I am appreciative of anyone who gives their time for a response, even if it's just one of my questions.

Regards
    Brett

Canazes9 Guest

You should check the Theoben USA website

4 new models - OK 3 are just a chance to buy various itenerations of the Rapids w/ some of the more popular custom work already done, though the Gary Cane stocks sure are nice looking!

The US E-type appears to have a longer bottle w/ more air.

http://hometown.aol.com/theobenusa/

Looking at the work, I think Allen Zasadny is probably modifiying these models for the US market, but that's nothing but a guess on my part.

David

Thanks guys.

Regards

Deanos Guest
    Laitey
    you can't have an air wolf and an E type
    Darren will tell the misses