Thread: UKAHFT Who is Springing it this year

Joe Guest

UKAHFT Who is Springing it this year

In the latest round of gripeing about the UKAHFT some one asked how many people are shooting springers this year. Now I'm not sure if this a attack on the lack of springers or big hint on the increasing number of springers but 3 of our squad who shot PCP last year are entering springers this year me included. I think this year will be a bumper springer year. I peronally am looking forward to it.

roblade is offline Time for a coffee........;-)
    if your meaning my question, it was the latter

springers are a very under rated choice for HFT I think in the near future we will be seeing mor and more people choosing to go back to basics

ROB
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) the bunnies are coming!
    (")_(") THE BUNNIES ARE COMING!!!!!

to spring? or not to spring? that is the question. oh sod it get them both!!!!

Joe Guest
    I was hoping that was the case. I'm 100% sure that on at least one round a recoiling entrant will draw with or beat the PCP guys.

levidog is offline I got wood.........Bzzzzzz
    I'm using a springer again this year, but I think it's safe to say I won't be beating too many precharge entrants.

Sean

For round 1 at Lea Valley there are 22 entries in the recoiling

Pete

Acenorth. is offline Extreme Ironing World Record Holder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe
    I was hoping that was the case. I'm 100% sure that on at least one round a recoiling entrant will draw with or beat the PCP guys.
    It was the case at Lincoln last year I'm sure.... (sort of, well it was a TX200 SR)

Ian
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Don't assume anything.... It makes an ASS out of U and ME

raggity Guest

springers

selling ALL my pcp stuff and getting a steve pope venomised hw 77 .177. also just received some trial pellets from clubshot and they look the bees knees.springer... open sights... summer on its merry way no place like home

Before Sparky runs, screaming, for the jar of cream, wouldn't it be great if you could shoot both? Numbers for UKAHFT shoots continue to rise, I'm not suggesting a two day meet, but lots of people camp, or stay over, how about a separate springer comp on the Saturday evening? I don't go to UKAHFT shoots much, 'cos its a long way for me, but if there were two comps, I'd be up for it.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan
    Before Sparky runs, screaming, for the jar of cream, wouldn't it be great if you could shoot both? Numbers for UKAHFT shoots continue to rise, I'm not suggesting a two day meet, but lots of people camp, or stay over, how about a separate springer comp on the Saturday evening? I don't go to UKAHFT shoots much, 'cos its a long way for me, but if there were two comps, I'd be up for it.

Gus
    Are you kidding? Its hard enough to get away with the one 2 night event (Redfearns / Emley Moor) - the wife would string me up at the suggestion of having 9 weekends away "plinking"!

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan

Gus
    I'll leave Pete to answer definitively, but as I understand it extending a comp to 2 days has always been under consideration.

The problem of course is that some clubs cannot have access 2 days, also it means a whole heap of people having shot the course already, AND extra pressure on Marshalls and Orgs

I agree that there would be more work involved, but I bet the springer enthusiasts would offer to help, if it meant their own competition. Shooting the same course twice might be unfair, but most of the clubs I shoot at have a seperate FT course, part of which could be used. More work, I know, but still, "food for thought," as they say.

Gus

We have considered it in the past but at this present moment in time it wouldn’t be plausible because of the organising, as Haakon stated the double header at Emley and Redfearn is hard enough.
    Plus a lot of grounds can only have a Sunday to shoot comps etc.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by sparky
    We have considered it in the past but at this present moment in time it wouldn’t be plausible because of the organising, as Haakon stated the double header at Emley and Redfearn is hard enough.
    Plus a lot of grounds can only have a Sunday to shoot comps etc.

Pete
    Fair 'nuff.

Gus

Im booked in for all rounds with my tx200mk3, as is Davestate with his Cobra. Ready to kick some PCP arris too BRING IT ON... ( I may regret saying this, but hey, its a giggle!)

levidog is offline I got wood.........Bzzzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky
    For round 1 at Lea Valley there are 22 entries in the recoiling

Pete

I guess that guarantees 22nd place for me then Pete

Sean