Thread: aas4** silencer modding?

aas4** silencer modding?

the silencer has a fair crack to it apposed to the weihrauch .....but is quite abit shorter once fitted......what id like to know is has anyone added/modified the internals of there aas4** silencer to make it quieter.... i know down range is the same but as its being used in the garden i need it pretty quiet haha any ideas from anyone ?
    Springer fanatic

Dougie,

Sell the rifle and buy a Weihrauch

Nealsey
    I'm back.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Let Ben Taylor fettle it for you. Failing that the HW100 is a fraction quiter than my410. The only thing that will be any quieter is a Daystate with an electronic trigger.

Chris
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

would never sell the s410k neal.....got the weihrauch silencer but the aa silencer tapers down and looks super niceeee haha and keeps it a few inches shorter
    Springer fanatic

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Dougie,
    Ben will also machine down the HW silencer to give it a nice flush fit if you ask him

Chris
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie_fn12
    the silencer has a fair crack to it apposed to the weihrauch .....but is quite abit shorter once fitted......what id like to know is has anyone added/modified the internals of there aas4** silencer to make it quieter.... i know down range is the same but as its being used in the garden i need it pretty quiet haha any ideas from anyone ?
    I got some foam today came with the new bed as packaging and as per someone suggested in an old post on here I cut it to the same diameter as the internal and then screwed the end cap back on on both my Logun silencer on my 400 and on the Daystate one on my CR-X. On both you can only now hear the hammer spring. I didn't cut a hole in the middle but fired a few pellets through the foam. Been down the gun club tonight and indoors over an admittedly short range ie 25yds both are single holing. The CR-X grouped identical both with and without the silencer although 20mm lower allowing for the weight. The 400 was tested only with the silencer on.

Andy

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Is it true all Air Arms silencers have a .22 sized hole in 'em?
    The daughter has an Air Arms silencer on hers, and it is noticeably louder than the Jim Edge on mine.
    (Smaller hole in the J.E. one!!)
    HTH.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

my aa silencer on my 410 is very quiet but i'd ask uk neil to make one for you...cheaper than weihrauch silencers i believe.

just trying to keep the s410k as short as possible without using a 1/2 in adapter....20 yards away theres no downrange differance between the weihrauch and the air arms but the air arms is quite alot shorter....not too quiet next to the gun but downrange its ok
    Springer fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti
    Is it true all Air Arms silencers have a .22 sized hole in 'em?
    The daughter has an Air Arms silencer on hers, and it is noticeably louder than the Jim Edge on mine.
    (Smaller hole in the J.E. one!!)
    HTH.

Cheers.

Roy.
    By putting the foam in I reduced the hole to the size of the pellet and it has reduced the noise to that of the hammer hitting the valve.

Andy

giac Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simmmo
    I got some foam today came with the new bed as packaging and as per someone suggested in an old post on here I cut it to the same diameter as the internal and then screwed the end cap back on...
    What kind of foam is it? Would you mind posting some pictures of your job?
    thanks
    giac

Quote Originally Posted by giac
    What kind of foam is it? Would you mind posting some pictures of your job?
    thanks
    giac
    You have e-mail

Andy