Thread: top hat power question

top hat power question

in general does removing/shortening metal off a tophat cool or heat a springer rifle up ??.....
    what happens by making it lighter without making it smaller ??
    'The person who sais it cannot be done should not interupt the person doing it' _ old chinese proverb

I think you'll find that reducing the size of the tophat will drop the power unless you add a stronger spring. Reducing its weight, but not the size, will quicken the lock time but might also drop the power. It's a matter of balancing the spring power with the inertia of the piston.
    If you want to improve your TX, contact Steve Pope - he can supply all the bits you will need. Well worth it, in my opinion.

yeah reckon i'll go the venom route at some stage when funds permit.....dont need any more power tho as sailing bit close to the wind now....hence the question.

these combro's are brill
    'The person who sais it cannot be done should not interupt the person doing it' _ old chinese proverb

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    If this is a TX reduce the weight, you don't need it...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Born Again Guest
    I fitted a spring from a ProSport to my TX200 MK2, it has a lighter weight fitted to it. It is an improvement, power dropped quite a bit so I had to put one spacer washer behind the spring.

The recoil is noticeably quicker finished and I can see the pellet strike on 35yd targets which I couldn't before because the rifle was still moving.

JSB 8.44grn by the way.