Thread: rapid fac confused owner

rapid fac confused owner

Got my Rpaid mk2 Fac finally yesterday. Just got a few questions about it,

1 is it normal the noise makes when im charging the bottles? It makes this real squealing, whistling type noise, none of my previous rifles done it. Also I have two bottles and one of them doesnt seem to hold air well when charging and it drops away back after you stop the filling (I know it is normal for it too drop a bit but it drops from about 220 to 160 bar) also when filling this particular bottle the neddle on the presure guage bounces all over the place this doesnt happen with the other one. Also when screwing this leaking bottle onto the rifle it doesnt seem to stop tighteing up whereas the other bottle has a good positive stop when its screwed fully in. Any ideas?

2 whats the optimum filling pressure for the 400cc bottle? I got no instructions with it so Im just going by what I have heard, also what is the proper procedure for taking the bottle off at the minute im unscrewing the bottle a bit then firing a couple of shots, then putting the bolt into the back postion and unscrewing the rest of the way. Is this right a friend used to have one and I think this is how he said to do it. Also when im putting the bottle back on do I keep the bolt in the back position? When I screw it fully home I can hear a puff of is this ok?

sorry for all the questions I just have very limited experience with these rifles and no instruction manual, ps the rifle is amazing so accurate. Thanks for your help any other suggestions on looking after them basic tuning etc much appreciated.

Craig, whistling whilst filling is totally ok, mine does it.
    It's just the valve vibrating on it's seat.

The dodgy bottle could possibly have a duff valve?
    If it leaks air whilst filling and doesn't seem to tighten up, it sounds like the valve is shagged.

400cc bottle will need 232br (mine's regged and it needs 232 for a fill)

Unscrew the bottle by first 3mm then fire off shots until you hear the power dropping off. Then unscrew all the way.
    Re-attaching should be done with the bolt locked backwards. At least, that's how I do it. Puff of air is normal.

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

what snock said
    If it's got tits or wheels it’s going to be expensive.....

Arrow

I think you have a faulty bottle.
    Nothing wrong with the 'squealing noise as has been explained earlier.
    You charge the bottle to 232 bar quickly. You then switch off the tap and the pressure will settle back down a bit. Feed more air in until it stabilises at 232 bar. If you feel the bottle it will seem a little warm-this is normal.
    Didn't you get any instructions when you bought the rifle? We are talking about one of the best FAC air rifles available and they normally are supplied with proper filling instructions.
    Good shooting with it-enjoy!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    Didn't you get any instructions when you bought the rifle? We are talking about one of the best FAC air rifles available and they normally are supplied with proper filling instructions.
    Good shooting with it-enjoy!
    probably from a well known tuner as a mate got one through this route with no instructions

Craig, have a look through this page of downloads for Theoben rifles.
    There must be a PDF you could save and print out.

Here.

Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

sccs Guest
    as snock says... they all on theoben site.

http://www.theoben.co.uk/files/r1_ff.pdf is the mk1&mk2 Instructions

Craig, what part of NI are you from? We've got a club shoot on Saturday in the Ballymena area. You'd be very welcome, and we could answer any questions you have about the Rapid.

Jonathan.

thanks for the replies everyone, I am having the bottle looked at at the moment, I have probaly missed the shoot now Jonathan, But I would be interested in coming along to the next one, I live up near Newcastle.