Quote Originally Posted by arjimlad
Hi Chris

I'm reminded that I had to have the barrel straightened on my old Rapide after the barrel closed rather unexpectedly at some time in the dim & distant past ! It was not expensive..
Too right it was'nt expensive. I held it in the vice and pushed against it with my weight (quite a lot as it happens). I held a steel ruler against the block and stopped when everything looked parrallel

It shot quite niceley as it happens. Would be great for a kid.

The sight got a bit tempremental, but could have been sticking. The MPI dropped about 8" at 25yds, so I wound the screws in and out and it all seems settled.

I could buy a new sight, plenty of cheepo's about, but I wanted to keep it original.

Since then, the shop owner (a friend who I shoot with) was impressed enough with the finish he gave me a near complete rear sight unit. I was very kindly donated an elevation screw by Midland Airgun Spares (thanks Chris) so I now have a complete gun.

Just splashed out on a nice, basic, thin leather sling too (had a big cobra one on and looked a bit silly) so it looks quite smart...the odd dent but teher you go, kids eh?

Have to try it on open sights next