Thread: Cheers to Chris at Midland Airgun Spares....top bloke

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...

Thumbs up Cheers to Chris at Midland Airgun Spares....top bloke

Just a big thanks to Chris at Midland Airgun Spares for helping me out with a piece of missing nostalgia.

I have just re blued (and for a chemical at home job, I am told it wer'nt half bad) and re built my first ever airgun.

It was an old Relum 522/Rapide (says 522 on the gun, and Rapide on the box...you decide). In my more vandalistic days (I was only 12 ), I had a cheap webley sight on it (cost about £15 then, late 70s) and removed the open sights....bad mistake.

Come 2005/6 and I find the thing in my mums attic, looking rusty and very sorry fo itself.

I got some gear from Chambers, and sorted it out pretty well. Cleaned up the sight, but there were some gaping holes where the open sights used to be.

My local shop owner, when he saw it (after I had got the bend out of the barrel ) found a new nearly new unit at home, he thought it worth the donation.

The cross spindle was ######ed (so I made a new one) as was the elevation dial. Chambers have not got any of these left sadly. I could have made one, but it would be a bit silly to not try, so IJ (Ian) on the BBS put me onto chris, who is very kindly going to donate me the part FOC.

What a nice chap

Ok, its got a couple of holes filled in the stock, and its feels like a toy to shoot (well...it was for kids), and the forsight tunnel was nicked off of a Webley Hurricane (fits perfectly).....and the sight chucked a thromby (which now appears fixed....mpi just dropped 8" )...but for all that, in the misdst of S410ks, TX200s Theobens etc, its still a lot of fun to shoot...even of it is at 25yds.

Thanks again Chris...that was where it all started
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Its good to see another 'old relic' rejuvenated. (Theres hope for me yet.)
    WELL DONE!

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

ianps Guest
    I too have an old relum, a Taurus I think. Twas my first rifle in about 1975 and is also of kids size. Need to be built like Jef Capes to cock it and from memory was prob doing about 1ft Lbs
    Sprayed it Matt black a few years ago and fitted a pivot pin, still lookes cack however