Thread: General Shooting Tips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I dont have a safety on my new S&W 586 so I keep the barrel plug in it even when its not loaded and right up to the point that I have chosen my target and am safe to fire.
    Mercy is the invention of guilt.

Good deals from Animal17, Ironside, deebee and Kenman, U.K.Neil, DJP and Adam(KOS).

Newmarket, Suffolk. More than a one horse town!
    Habits can be bad for you, but this is one that can save your life, or someone elses. You know that on a range you prove your gun is empty before you leave the firing point. Do it to your shooting companions every time you move position, or get in a vehicle, or put your gun down. Even if you are alone, do it for yourself. It becomes second nature and you won't even notice it after a while, but it can save a lot of pain, trust me! The other thing that pays is always, but always being aware of the direction your muzzle is pointing when walking round with the gun. Treat all safety devices as defective however well they work, and you will not go too far wrong. There are no excuses and no reasons to justify the claim it was an accident, so make sure it can never happen. Its down to you!!
    Join BASC. You know it makes sense!

Exclamation another good one

when you are shooting at something look in the background, you may miss and its best to know where the shot will go if you do

confidence is good but dont underestimate it

one more

never rush anything. i was shooting with a mate a few weeks ago and as im new i tend to get a little excited. So i cocked the hammer on my single barrel 12 and waited for the shot that never came. time to move to another location and i went to uncock but being in a rush i got the timing wrong and it went off. fortunately i had the muzzle up as it should be but no matter what the gun rushin isnt fun.

Quote Originally Posted by danny_p View Post
    when you are shooting at something look in the background, you may miss and its best to know where the shot will go if you do

confidence is good but dont underestimate it
    Too true, especially at night. Even when shooting on ground that you know well, it's all to easy to loose track of exactly where you are in the dark. Be DOUBLE carefull at night is my advise.

Really good tips

Some really good advice thanks