All good advice guys I'd add to that;

1. Know the law relating not just to airgun shooting but also other laws for example trespass laws including armed trespass which is the charge for being on land which you dont have permission to be on with an airgun.

2. Know your limits. In this case of the ground you use. Obviously on the range the issue of the shooting theatre is fairly obvious but in the field you MUST know where you can and cant go and what lands constitute the "permission givers" property. Dont shoot on a property until you have done a full recce of the ground preferably with the owner of the land in daylight and taking plenty of time. Firing a pellet from ground you have permission to shoot on in to ground you dont is also armed trespass despite never having set foot on that land.

3. Your permission letter is a life saver. I always carry a signed copy of my permission letter and that way should anyone want to verify my story they can also in the past it has resulted in the land owner not being disturbed at 2am which would severely test your relationship with the land owner and maybe jeopardise a permission..

Be Safe
Olliekooga