Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: General Shooting Tips

Sound Advice

All good advice guys I'd add to that;

1. Know the law relating not just to airgun shooting but also other laws for example trespass laws including armed trespass which is the charge for being on land which you dont have permission to be on with an airgun.

2. Know your limits. In this case of the ground you use. Obviously on the range the issue of the shooting theatre is fairly obvious but in the field you MUST know where you can and cant go and what lands constitute the "permission givers" property. Dont shoot on a property until you have done a full recce of the ground preferably with the owner of the land in daylight and taking plenty of time. Firing a pellet from ground you have permission to shoot on in to ground you dont is also armed trespass despite never having set foot on that land.

3. Your permission letter is a life saver. I always carry a signed copy of my permission letter and that way should anyone want to verify my story they can also in the past it has resulted in the land owner not being disturbed at 2am which would severely test your relationship with the land owner and maybe jeopardise a permission..

Be Safe
    Olliekooga

A very interesting thread, mostly common sense but food for thought none the less!

Good thread.

tip

never let your mate have it, have a rapid 7 mk11 in 22 got it back in slip with a pellet in it but i didnt know put it on its butt it went off hit my finger smashed the knuckle would put pics on but dont know how 2 but if anyone want 2 see i can send you the pics so Never leave a loaded rifle

Can't hold a gun still?

Is my gun too heavy or too light I just can't keep it still thanks

good read

Good tips to keep in mind

pux146 is offline Paul is my little Pongo bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty11 View Post
    Is my gun too heavy or too light I just can't keep it still thanks
    Yes the rifle could be to heavy or maybe just too big for your frame!! your best bet is to tell us your build and what rifle it is. Do you find this problem when standing, kneeling or prone??

i dont know anyone who can keep a gun still. everyone wobbles when standing and knealing. it's how you control the wobble and the timing on releasing the trigger that matters.

i'm crap standing and knealing by the way. it does get a bit easier with plenty of practise.

safty

always cheek that the barrel is clear after every cock. (spring powerd)

Quote Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
    Hi Guys I'm new to airgunbbs but reading this thread and posts an old poem came to mind that ny old dad recounted when I first took up shooting.
    I was just tying to remember this while reading this thread. Very apt.

Good thread common sense never leave a loaded GUN

Good thread this good safety is a must....

It might sound simple and possibly a bit silly, but regardless of what I've done last with my air rifle I always pull the trigger whilst pointing it in a safe direction whenever I've taken it out the bag.

safety ?

My wife ask for a shot yesterday when I was target shooting with my hw 80 (Thats great I thought) I noticed that the safety was still on as she was lining up the shot, I pushed it off for her and the gun went off, lucky it was pointed at the target. it has never happened before and I wonder if she had pulled the trigger before or as I released the safety.Theres always a danger when two people work one piece of machinery.

Thanks

Good thread for me on my recent return to airguns. Some salutary messages - and reassuring that I'm not the only one with an involuntary wobble!