Thread: the feel of a gun ?

Old-gun Guest

the feel of a gun ?

strange thing i have noticed .. why is it that you can buy guns off the same production line, but they will still all be unique to you after you get used to them ,,
    as a lot of you may know , i have just recently got back my original Gamo Compact ,, , but before i got this back i brought 2 new ones ,as i missed my fist one , but just did not get on with them
    , but now i got my first one back all is well again ,,
    i could tell this gun in a room full with a blind fold on ,, but i cant pinpoint why , it's just MY gun ..strange A.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-Git
    strange thing i have noticed .. why is it that you can buy guns off the same production line, but they will still all be unique to you after you get used to them ,,
    as a lot of you may know , i have just recently got back my original Gamo Compact ,, , but before i got this back i brought 2 new ones ,as i missed my fist one , but just did not get on with them
    , but now i got my first one back all is well again ,,
    i could tell this gun in a room full with a blind fold on ,, but i cant pinpoint why , it's just MY gun ..strange A.
    But what if the one you got back is not really your 1st one???
    Master Debater

Old-gun Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    But what if the one you got back is not really your 1st one???
    oh it is

i think

just Kidding i would know this one anywhere

Should of marked it with a UV pen or something to be sure lol

running round the wild's of somerset in a pink rom
    i read in sporting gun of a man who would shoot better with one of his matched pair of purdeys or something,he was blindfolded and he could tell the diffrence bettween the guns,they were supposed to be identical aswell
    theoben sirocco .177 hawke nite eye 3-9x50 >clicky<

the moose(new picture) >clicky<

Contrary to what you might have heard, game animals are not hard to kill. No warm-blooded animal can live without a heart, except for the possible exceptions of ex-wives

Old-gun Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    Should of marked it with a UV pen or something to be sure lol
    i marked it with many thousands of rounds of practice
    there where also many other thing that i did to this gun that means it is my original ,,if any of you followed the history of it ,, it had a brass name plate on it that had been reversed when i sold it ,,when i got it back i turned it around, so welcome home pistol ..

You're spot on!

I shoot an S410K in .177, and was so pleased with the initial purchase that I bought one in .22 as well, as I had never tried .22 before and wanted to see what the fuss was all about. That .22 gun - not calibre - was a completely different animal that I just couldn't warm to (couldn't get the trigger 'feel' the same, the cocking action was terribly stiff, and it didn't put one hole groups down like my one-sev). Needless to say, it was part-ex'd. in short order!

I love my S410, and it loves me!