Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sharp innova / ace

sharp innova / ace

i ve heard a lot about these borrowed an innova for a couple of weeks (long time ago) what will they run at flat out ? if you got a ticket obviosly

legal limit if the safety valve is set right and working properly.

my local rfd had 1 on fac ticket for foxing with lem mould bullets....downside was he had to pump it up a hell of a lot

16-18 ft/lb depending on pellet? problem on the Innova is the more pumps you put in, the stiffer the trigger gets.

Over pump them and eventually the valve will mushroom and get jammed in the trigger block.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD
    16-18 ft/lb depending on pellet? problem on the Innova is the more pumps you put in, the stiffer the trigger gets.

Over pump them and eventually the valve will mushroom and get jammed in the trigger block.

not if you uprate the valves and seals

My relation had a .22 which shot around 30 fpe, very easy to mod as well, so free or cheap to uprate...

The Sharps ACE (.177) i use for 10m style rifle is deadly accurate for such an old gun, and also took a couple of rats as well...

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70
    not if you uprate the valves and seals
    CORRECT, i'm refering to the standard fittings, still needs a hell of a lot of pumping though!
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

wasnt there another one victor or victory ? what ever happend to them why did they stop producing airguns ? from what i can remember they have always been popular

Quote Originally Posted by aeron
    wasnt there another one victor or victory ? what ever happend to them why did they stop producing airguns ? from what i can remember they have always been popular
    Sharp Victory, replaced by the Ace, which was almost identical but cheaper to make.

As far as i know they still make airguns but they are not imported any more, popularity waned because of high exchange rates back in the eighties....plus the introduction of PCP's.

Question

My Innova's 22 years old & is in standard, unmodified tune. Depending on make of pellets (0.22) it hits the legal limit at 7 pumps now. Used to take one or two pumps less than that to reach 12 Ft Lbs.

Still very accurate, but after pumping 5 or more times, you need a rest before shooting or accuracy suffers. Still, it's good exercise.

It's still a reasonable hunting gun, provided you muffle the pump to avoid the clacking noise. It's certainly capable of modification to FAC level, but it does a fair job in standard tune so why bother?
    Les

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD
    Sharp Victory, replaced by the Ace, which was almost identical but cheaper to make.

As far as i know they still make airguns but they are not imported any more, popularity waned because of high exchange rates back in the eighties....plus the introduction of PCP's.
    any web addresses pages etc ?

wasnt there another one victor or victory ?
    There was the Sharp Victory and Pan Target which didn't have the trigger to pump ratio problems. Have a look in my ' The guns I presently Own - Sharp section' for photos.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J.
    There was the Sharp Victory and Pan Target which didn't have the trigger to pump ratio problems. Have a look in my ' The guns I presently Own - Sharp section' for photos.

HTH
    Ian
    cheers for that some very nice guns you have there

any web addresses pages etc ?
    Nope, i belive an Indonesian company produces a latter day Innova though.

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    Anyone got the Sharp companys address as I have a mate over there teaching English to the Nips,may ask him to see what they are making these days ect.

Message for old jud

Hi Jud
    we have chatted before regarding the Innova's, here is my one that I am finally letting go, Sharps are the best guns I have ever used. Accurate and powerful.
    pic link here

http://nnovaeteorometa.fotopic.net/c895331.html