Thread: rat runs

gavindack Guest

rat runs

Hi all. When i have been asking about rat shooting people have been teling me to bait up on a run. I no a rat run is like a route they all run down ECT. But wot do i look in one wot do they look like ETC. I went hunting with a friend tuesday night and there was a big dyke down the side of this field and they were all on this bank edge next to the water. Someone on here told me if my shoot has a stream or river there wil be alot around there. On my shoot there is. Its a magot farm and around the back there is a river wel small stream so should i bait up around here. If yes tell me wot to look for in a run please. All help will be much apreciated

rgds GAVIN DACK

windowrest is offline I may be quick but never flippant
    get out there on a frosty morning you will see the rats runs-cover down flat and lots of muddy little footprints... orrible little sods..

gavindack Guest
    any more help lease realy need it

just watch and wait to see if you can see them on these rat runs.
    get to know their habits and it will fall in place!

aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    Look near their holes in the ground, or through grass etc, you should see the runs fairly clearly, like a well trodden path usually leading to water or feeders.

Or just observe them for an evening, they usually take the same route to their destination.

gavindack Guest
    thanks all ill give it ago tonight and we will see wot hapens.