Thread: Crosman 2260 Rabbitstopper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    They are very easy to improve BUT if you want to shoot live animals then get a gun thats made for the job, the name "Rabbitstopper" on the box is out of order, these rifles are not fit for the job as they come out of the box and shouldnt be used for much more than plinking and maybe close quarter ratting

Baz

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent
    I can see that a fine job has been done improving this gun and that I am not knocking - however, why ? Why not spend the money on a secondhand quality springer (to avoid pump/airfill costs) or a secondhand S200 which does represent fantastic value for money without all the alteration ?

I guess the answer is why do some people spend thousands on modifying a Vauxhall Corsa for the Southend Cruise - because it gives them pleasure.
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Exactly.
    I built this gun to show its possible to turn a cheap crud gun into a better gun.
    Yes I do shoot a nice springer, and a Stealth PCP.. not to forget my Webly Raider.. but something about this gun always apealed to me. So I got it, modified it, and im happy with it. I cant shoot springer rifles to save my life.. as I have always used PCP for a long time now.
    The Rabbitstopper has not stopped any rabbits yet, only half a dozen squirrels. I like it, nice and light to point into trees all day.. but a bit of a gas guzzler.. runs well of any pellets, and pretty accurate out to 25 yards.