Thread: 300 Bar Charging - Weihrauch HW100

300 Bar Charging - Weihrauch HW100

Just bought an HW100s and I am looking for a 300 bar charging kit, I don't know whether to buy a bare bottle then add the valve, gauge etc, or whether to try and get the complete kit. What do I need, there is a din adaptor supplied with the rifle which is rated at 200 bar but I have been told I need an uprated one for use with a 300 bar cylinder (I don't really understand why because you only fill to 200 bar!) Can anyone help me identify the individual bits I need? What is to stop me getting a cylinder with din valve and screwing the HW100 cylinder straight to it using the adaptor? All help appreciated by this PCP novice. Cheers. PS Who has best prices too?

Compressed air can be dangerous. May I suggest that you get in contact with someone like B.A.R. who will be able to explain what you require and, at the same time, possible supply them mail order. You have made a good choice of rifle.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

The adapter supplied with the HW100 is specifically for 232Bar cylinders as the threads are too short to create a seal on 300Bar bottles. If you've access to a lathe, simply turn down the adapter so it screws in further. Otherwise buy a 300Bar adapter from BAR or the likes...
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwdick
    Just bought an HW100s and I am looking for a 300 bar charging kit, I don't know whether to buy a bare bottle then add the valve, gauge etc, or whether to try and get the complete kit. What do I need, there is a din adaptor supplied with the rifle which is rated at 200 bar
    Buy a airgun specific bottle, Midland Diving Equipment supply many dealers, http://www.midlanddiving.com/£153.35 for a 3litre 300 bar new bottle and valve.
    The adaptor you have will screw directly into the valve assembly on the bottle top, but, it is for a 232bar valve, hence is around 5mm too short for a 300bar bottle.Sandwell Field Sports sell an insert to overcome this problem,which is rather overpriced IMO at around £10.All it is is a small spacer with an o ring on one side.
    Dont worry about the 200 bar rating stamped on the adaptor, the gun is filled to 200 bar, you wont be wanting to put it over that, in fact I think there is a valve inside the adaptor that automatically exhausts if the pressure gets too high - there is a vent hole on the side of it.
    Alan.

I got a new adaptor for my HW100 through my local gunshop who in turn got it direct from Hull Cartridge, cost around £14.00. Also I have found that it is better to have the gun charged to around 190 bar rather than the 200 bar max recomended by HW. If you charge to the max the first few shots are underpowered.

Probably get flamed for this but I put a couple of 8mm bright steel washers in front of the adapter and then fill to 200bar. Some people use a single bonded (dowty washer) but not sure of the size, probably a 1/4" BSP.
    She was only an Admiral's daughter but her naval base was full of discharged seamen.

Quote Originally Posted by Davestate
    The adapter supplied with the HW100 is specifically for 232Bar cylinders as the threads are too short to create a seal on 300Bar bottles. If you've access to a lathe, simply turn down the adapter so it screws in further. Otherwise buy a 300Bar adapter from BAR or the likes...

Did not know that - when I bought my HW100 from new I fiited the supplied adaptor to my 300 bar bottle and it leaked at first. So I tightened it up a bit and it stopped. Never had any problems since.

I guess this may mean I have goosed the threads though

No mate, you've struck lucky and received a 300Bar adapter. The 232 jobbie is a good 2.5mm short and wouldn't seal...

Did you buy from BAR as they used to supply either adapters a while back...
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

No mate I got it from Dragon Field Sports in Wrexham. They didn't have a .177 in stock and had to order one in so I guess therefore it must be a recent build i.e. hasn't been on a shelf for a while.

Perhaps HC are providing all the new ones with 300 bar adaptors now?