Quote Originally Posted by foxshooter
I have known Andrew for several years now and in that time he has ALWAYS insisted on a reproof after threading, there is no change of practice there. I dont see as he makes any money out of a reproof. Proof house charges are what they are. All they do is slow his already hectic workload while he has to wait sometimes up to 3/4 weeks for rifles to return.
Andrew is a friend so it's right you defend him, but Jimmy is a hopeless cynic (as many here might know) and I'm sure his remark was taken as lightly as it was meant. It certainly was by me.

I (personally) think that proofing after screw-cutting is not a serious requirement from any safety aspect. If it were an issue from the cost point of view, I would have the work done locally where I get a choice about proofing after scew-cutting.

As you know Mark, I drove up to R/C myself, and due to roadworks along the way it took 4 hours. Andrew isn't the cheapest either. But at the end of the day, I wanted the best work done on that barrel I could afford, by someone used to working on them. To cut delay time down, I also collected the rifle from the Proof House personally.