Thread: Cp99

Cp99

Having a look at the CP99 as a cheap plinker for shooting cans in the back garden. Anyone had any experience with them, are they alright for plinking out to 10 yards or would I be better off putting my money towards something else?

Thanks in advance

Ralph
    HW97k

Perfect for that, It is a lovely gun.

I was able to shoot a rabbit with mine aswell, lovely clean head shot at around 10 yards.

It is a great gun for can plinking, it is able to hit the cans and also is a pleasure to shoot and have. Buy one it is a joy.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitskinner

I was able to shoot a rabbit with mine aswell, lovely clean head shot at around 10 yards.
    Errr... you what?

Hi rabbitskinner, I've heard the action described as a double-action. What does this mean? Also whats the build quality like and how do you opperate it?

Sorry about all the questions , but £80 is a lot of paper round money!

Regards

Ralph
    HW97k

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    Double action means you can pull the top slide back to cock it and then fire with one short pull of the trigger, or you can pull the trigger all the way through its cycle to cock and then fire it in one go.
    I have one, its well made, looks superb too, but its a plinking gun through and through, its not for shooting rabbits.
    Mark

when you pull the trigger normally you will have to slowly apply a bit of pressure and keep pulling till you can feel the point of fire and can fire. But if you pull back the top slide like when you cock a normal pistol, this will replace the trigger directly to the point of fire. Basically you have two choices fire it like a normal pistol by pulling through till firing, or pull back the top slide and have the trigger pulled back into firing position and you only have to apply a tiny bit of pressure to fire it.

As for build quality and operation, The quality is rather good, my CP99 had a little bit dried glue in the safety catch but i was able to simply wipe it off with a soft brush. The parts are solid and everything is strongly fastened on.

The operation is fairly simple once you get to know it, it has a tricky safety catch tho which you have to press down and pull back to disengage and simply push forward to engage, for reloading you push down on a slide located nicely above where your thumb is placed, this makes the front end slide forward allowing you to place your magazine into and push or pull back the front end to lock it in.

The CO2 bulb fits into the hand stock which you simply pull down a switch located on the trigger guard to be able to twist and pull the inner CO2 bulb system out.

Also another nice feature is that after you have pulled back the top slide to engage the trigger back to firing point, you can press down a button located on the same slide to reengage the trigger back to the outer location.

It is a nice gun very comfortable in the hand and fairly easy to operate.

It is quite dear but it is a lovely pistol.

Throdgrain beat me to it while i was giving that essay, but to save my dignity the rabbit had total mixi so i was able to walk right up to it, and to save it from its troubles i humanly disposed of it by shooting it in the head, of which i hasten to add killed it straight out. But no don't go round stalking rabbits with it.