Thread: Airsporter anoraks . .

Airsporter anoraks . .

Following U.K.Neil's wanted ad looking for an immaculate laminated stock for an Airsporter . . I couldn't possibly justify what it's likely to cost anyway

I'm more interested in making my own. Can anyone give me some dimensions from an Airsporter Mk.1 stock, especially length of stock (trigger to shoulder) and width of fore-end?

Also, the barrel of my Mk.IV is counterbored to about 3/8" diameter and a depth of 1.1" to allow for a screw-on front sight. does this make it possible to tap the end of the barrel for a moderator? (I don't know what threads are in common use for this)

Trigger to shoulder = 14"

Width of fore end = 1.7/8"

Don't know about the counter bored barrel, even though this shows on the parts list. Best man to ask is John Knibbs, on 0121 782 3391

Thanks TS

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter
    Trigger to shoulder = 14"
    Mk.IV 13 and 3/4"

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter
    Width of fore end = 1.7/8"
    Mk.IV gnats under 1 and 3/4"

Not much difference but it feels different, the fore-end feels too thin in particular.

- and the Mk.IV doesn't have that nice thumb-groove in it either

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Don't know about the counter bored barrel, even though this shows on the parts list. Best man to ask is John Knibbs, on 0121 782 3391[/QUOTE]

HA! are you sure, he argued with me once that Airsporter RB2's didn't come with standard scoperails they all had Maxigrips, he didn't realise I had one in my hands and he fluffed his way to the last mouthfull of bullsh*t he was talking and then said it must have been a special one.

I once had a Meteor that had had the counterbore bit threaded but I couldn't tell you what thread it was.

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands
    I once had a Meteor that had had the counterbore bit threaded but I couldn't tell you what thread it was.
    That might have been non-standard too. The barrel's too thin to be bored out for 1/2" UNF, I don't know if anything else would be useful.

HA! are you sure, he argued with me once that Airsporter RB2's didn't come with standard scoperails they all had Maxigrips, he didn't realise I had one in my hands and he fluffed his way to the last mouthfull of bullsh*t he was talking and then said it must have been a special one.
    Cheers
    Pete
    Standard RB2 has scope rails machined in the cylinder, RB2 Stutzen has 'Maxigrip Scope Rail' as standard.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    That's what I tried to tell him but he wouldn't have it.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by sarf
    That might have been non-standard too. The barrel's too thin to be bored out for 1/2" UNF, I don't know if anything else would be useful.
    Have a word with UK Neil.