Thread: Hw90 scope killer

kerrwaf Guest

Exclamation Hw90 scope killer

Got abit of a problem unfortunately chaps. Every scope i have put on my
    Hw90 has been rattled to the point where they have broken. I'm usinf a sportsmatch dampamount aswell and the scope which has recently broken was a simmons prohunter which are supposed to be recoil proof. This is now the third scope which i have sent back to uttings. I must be on their blacklist of bad customers
    What scope do you recommend i try next? I dont want anything to expensive. It has to survive on a prototype (or thats what i think it is) at F.A.C level.

The HW90 isnt available in FAC format here as far as I am aware which means yours is probably overpressurised without necessary FAC components leading to piston slam and a recoil that will render scopes useless

Baz

I'd say your gun is at fault if it's gone through 3 scopes, get the gun checked out before you put another scope on.

kerrwaf Guest
    This gun has been modified alot by the previous owner have a look at this thread that was posted a while back
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...hlight=kerrwaf

Piston seal problems are often responsible for piston slam and high vibration, if it's over pumped it will be burning the seal.

kerrwaf Guest
    its been working fine with no notable ( i havent had it over a chrono though) loss in power for over a year now, so if it did have a problem it would have played up by now.

I would check the seal as it only takes a few minutes, if it's undersized it will eat scopes, if it's burned you need may need less pressure and or lube.

kerrwaf Guest
    sorry im not an expert. How do i check the seal?

Check Chambers web site for a parts diagram. If you are going to mess with the pressure you need a pump and connector. It's all pretty self explanatory. If you have a pump drop the pressure before removing ram otherwise it will be under high tension.