Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEFTA Hunter Series - Round 1

NEFTA Hunter Series - Round 1

Don't forget the first event for the NEFTA Hunter Series is at Redfearns next Sunday (16th April)

All the badge designs have been made up and they look awesome!! I'll have a full set with me at Bolton this weekend if anyone wants to get a sneaky peak at them.

Tried to take some photo's but I'm not good enough with a camera to do them justice - I'm hoping a grown up will be able to help me out on that score though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not big on collecting badges or anything nerdy like that, but these things look seriously awesome - the bronze, silver and gold look very nice indeed, but everyone I've shown the Phoenix badge to has had the same reaction - "Oooo I MUST have one of those!" (the design is different to the picture on the website)

FT has badges for various different comps, but as far as I know this is the first HFT merit badge of it's kind.

For anyone that's never shot an HFT course at Redfearns before, this place is notorious for some of (if not the most) challenging HFT courses in the country. Dave Baines (Mr highrise himself) must have a meanstreak a mile wide!

Anyone that manages to earn a Gold award at a Redfearns HFT shoot (95% or better!) is certainly one hell of a good shot! and has probably sold their soul to the devil to be able to judge the wind at Redfearns.

There are no trophies at these events! - there are no 1st, 2nd, 3rd places etc and there are no shoot-offs. If you manage to win a merit badge, then you're no better or worse than anyone else in that same banding. (Bronze, Silver, Gold)

When you consider the calibre of shooter at these events (Andy Calpin, Ian Taylor, Gary Cooper, Tim Finley, Dave Baines, Paul Wilson, Keith Wooley, Darren Petts etc etc) and the difficulty of the courses then if you happen to see someone wearing a Gold NEFTA Hunter Squirrel at the next UKAHFT event it means they came within 3 points of the top score of the day at Redfearns.

Be prepared to drop to your knees and bow at their feet, proclaiming how unworthy you are to be in their presence

I'm not holding out any hopes of winning Gold myself, I'd be very happy to manage an 85% or more to take a Silver Rook award.

If you want any more details on these events, surf along to www.neftahunter.co.uk

Good luck at BAGS, hope to see some of you over at Redfearns next weekend.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Bump and a reminder that this series are all open competitions.

Chris
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Darren Petts Guest
    The wind today at Redfearns was wanting 5 inch at 45 yds on some. Hope it's like that next Sunday.

The wind today at Redfearns was wanting 5 inch at 45 yds on some. Hope it's like that next Sunday.
    Normal conditions then Darren for Redfearns.

Just to clarify a few things...

These events are very similar to UKAHFT events with some slight changes to the rules to make them more open to everyone ( that's not a criticism of the national events, it's just that the nationals seem to attract more people that want to erm, how shall we say - bend the rules in their favour a little - you've all seen the popcorn threads ). Bending the rules at these events cheats no one but yourself, so there are no restrictions on stocks, butt hooks, hamsters etc. Be warned though, if anyone comes out with the intention of earning the respect of their fellow shooters by putting in a good score with the aid of some unsportsmanlike rule bending - you won't earn anyones respect and will more than likely earn a right royal p1$$ taking instead

There's no pre-booking for these events, just turn up, sign in and enjoy yourself.

We're expecting 2 sessions - first session starts at 9am (not 10am like the national rounds!), and we'll aim to keep it to 2 per lane (max of 62 shooters) - but if there are lots of people there then we might add a few 3's in to save them having to wait for the 2nd session.

Second session will start at about 11:30am or thereabouts (hard to say exactly) and for that one we'll go to 3 per lane if we have to (another 93 max).

If there are any more still waiting to shoot, we'll consider a 3rd session - but to be honest, I'm not at all sure how many people are going to attend so don't bank on it.

There's not going to be so much waiting around at these events, as there are no shoot-offs and no trophies or prizes at the end. If time is tight, you can turn up, shoot and be on your way home again by 11am - but of course, you'll miss the excellent culinary skills of the Noon clan.

We can't award badges until everyone has shot, but if you've qualified for a badge and you can't wait around to pick it up at the end you'll be able to collect it at the next event or you can ask someone to collect it on your behalf.

Oh, there's one other feature as well - the results are published on the t'interweb, but each shooter will be able to opt out of this by ticking a box on their scorecard if you'd rather keep your score to yourself. (Some people don't want to broadcast their score and knowing that it's going to be put on a website can add some unwelcomed pressure)

These events are designed to be light hearted fun, not serious competition. If you want to be competitive then you've got the choice, if you just want to shoot round for fun then you've got that option open to you as well.

If you've never shot HFT or indeed never shot in a competition before, have a read of the NEFTA Hunter website, there's a very good description of what to expect when you get there.

Oh and knowing what it's like at Redfearns, if you manage to get round without a big fat zero on your scorecard then you've had a very good day!

For some added sport, you could also play "Dodge Trev with his raffle tickets" but I don't fancy your chances much. I've found it's best to have a quid in your pocket ready for when he catches up with you. You can run but you can't hide

Thumbs up

Looking forward to it.

I will be using Bolton as a bit of a practice session for the NEFTA next week

Dave.

cannot wait, i like collecting badges because i'm sad lol but the phoenix badge is awsome and i have reserved a place for it on the hat.

but to get it i think will be nion impossible lol

take £20 for one at bolton tommorrow bri hehehe
    PONTEFRACT ARC

Less than a week to go - don't forget, Redfearns - 16th April. It's sure to be a cracking event. Last UKAHFT season the two most popular events in the calendar were both of the Redfearns events! - Round 6 and the Gathering.

All this is available to you fine people for the knockdown (not Gamo ) price of only £3.50 for adults and £2 for juniors.

You have to earn a badge - no amount of bribery will get you one (either that or you haven't reached my price yet )

Bri showed me the badges at Bolton yesterday and they look superb. That Phoenix is a thing of beauty

I need to get some practice in - quick

Dave.

Gary C Guest
    I have to add my 2 penneth to this.

I'll be driving an average 400 miles to shoot - and it isn't for a gold badge. The lads shooting here are the best shots AND some of the nicest you'll ever meet. Bainey, Sammo, Trev Ryan, Paul and Keith, Andy Calpin, Darren Petts, Dave Semmens, Steve Topp.. you could go on for ever.

You are guaranteed a great course, good shooting companions and top class help and advice.

If you've never shot HFT, want to improve, or want some fierce competition - there's something for everybody.

God how I hate to say something nice about Yorkshiremen...

Northernspark Guest
    It will be my first HFT type event, been trying to practice my kneelers and standers but I'm still crap

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Andy006
    I'll be there, hoping to get some more advice, tips and general hints on how to improve. (I get all that when I go to HFT events, and I love it)

cheers

Andy006
    Are you gonna pick woody up Andy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy006
    Maybe........
    Cyas there guys, never mind Andy, he's from Wales . He is still mad that the sheep we’re removed from the campsite at Bolton

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Looking forward to it already.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!