Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dechmont ft

Talking dechmont ft

MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO TURNED UP FOR DECHMONT FT A GREAT DAY HAD BY ALL WELL DONE TO DAVE PENMAN WHO HAD A SHOOT OFF WITH PAUL IN A CLASS WITH A SCORE OF 32 WELL DONE LADS ALSO WELL DONE TO ALL THE JUNIORS JON PLAESURE SHOOTING WITH YOU YOUR DAD AND DAVE FUN DAY HAD BY ALL, ALSO WOULD JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT NO KYPESIDE OR JUNIPER GREEN TURNED UP AS USUAL CAN FIND EDINBURGH BUT NOT DECHMONT AND YOU LIVE NEAR IT , CHEERS LADS GEORGE MAPS CAN BE ARRANGED FOR YOU AND KENNY IF YOU NEED THEM, AND GEORGE BEFORE YOU PUT A DIG ON WHO WON JUNIORS AT JUNIPER GREEN EM THINK IT WAS A DECHMONT MEMBER ENOUGH SAID ON THAT ONE I THINK
    Last edited by RIGGERS; 09-04-2006 at 07:29 PM.

MandoII Guest
    Anyone know if this decmont FT ,is decmont in west lothian ?

Wink

DECHMONT IN SOUTH LANARKSHIRE HAMILTON

Great day had by myself (Ray) son (Jon) and good friend (Dave) thanks to Paul who we shot with. Great course and good food as always from Dechmount club will go back to next shoot there.
    Regards Ray

JG were busy today at Bolton UKAHFT 2nd round.
    David.

Quote Originally Posted by RIGGERS
    DECHMONT IN SOUTH LANARKSHIRE HAMILTON
    Where abouts in Hamilton
    I AM NOT A NUMBER ! THE PRISONER

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133002

Several of the Juniper Green members where shooting at the UKAHFT round 2 at Bolton today. You are indeed correct in saying that a Dechmont junior won our last shoot. I had the pleasure of shooting with Justin and his father and really enjoyed their company. I hope all went well with your shoot today and the weather was not to harsh.

Regards

Wilson
    http://jgarc.org.uk/
    Daystate Mk3 SPORT .177,
    BSA Spitfire .22Blueprinted

figjam Guest
    quote:
    MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO TURNED UP FOR DECHMONT FT A GREAT DAY HAD BY ALL WELL DONE TO DAVE PENMAN WHO HAD A SHOOT OFF WITH PAUL IN A CLASS WITH A SCORE OF 32 WELL DONE LADS ALSO WELL DONE TO ALL THE JUNIORS JON PLAESURE SHOOTING WITH YOU YOUR DAD AND DAVE FUN DAY HAD BY ALL, ALSO WOULD JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT NO KYPESIDE OR JUNIPER GREEN TURNED UP AS USUAL CAN FIND EDINBURGH BUT NOT DECHMONT AND YOU LIVE NEAR IT , CHEERS LADS GEORGE MAPS CAN BE ARRANGED FOR YOU AND KENNY IF YOU NEED THEM, AND GEORGE BEFORE YOU PUT A DIG ON WHO WON JUNIORS AT JUNIPER GREEN EM THINK IT WAS A DECHMONT MEMBER ENOUGH SAID ON THAT ONE I THINK

sorry we couldn't attend Paul (sorry but i refer to juniper green arc.)
    we are well aware of your current location and position of your club! as we attended last year for your version of FT/HFT ruled championships, which may i hasten to add was won by a member of Juniper Green ARC. (khalid if any ones interested)

and as posted earlier Paul there were 9 members of our club (which included our FT shooters) i do apologise, where this dig has come from is beyond me and personally think it's a little bit trivial and juvenile to post such a provactive statement!

however i will not join you at your level as i feel i that neither clubs mentioned have a case to answer and if thats your way of trying to encourage fellow shooters to your featured events then good luck to you!

Personally and i mean my own thoughts here, im glad i was 200 miles away enjoying myself with 210 like minded sensible people who appreciate the sport and have the same goal in life, which is to go out on the day encourage new friends and family's to what is a thriving sport, if this is your way of advertising yourself as a friendly club who opens it's arms to 'newbies' then crack on.

Paul i bid you all a good night and hope your happy with 'your' proud statement and wisdom inspired comments to the shooting community!
    i can only hope and prey that this is not Dechmonts opinions as a club and that it's your own personal views!

rgds

kenny

p.s. if you would prefer to discuss this matter more privatly where we can probably avoid a slanging match and achieve nothing but more self harm to the sport, then feel free to contact me via e-mail or P.M.
    i look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Why not remove the ill informed personal comments from your post, it does nobody any favours? If you have personal comments for members of either Kypeside or Juniper Green why not contact them directly?

As already stated, UKAHFT Round 2 was held in Bolton this weekend, these events have been added to the SARPA calendar this year to prevent exactly this type of post.

Doug...
    All generalisations are dangerous, even this one!

digitaldwarf is offline A big boy did it and he ran away!

As an individual can i just say that i don't shoot ft as i can't afford to so
    i take the slightly cheaper option of shooting hft
    in the future i may like to try ft when i can afford a dedicated ft rig (i have only been shooting for one year)
    but as you are an official representative of the Demount club and due to
    the welcome that you have afforded to me in this post it seem that i will not be made welcome
    why ?
    because i joined JuniperGreen ?
    i can not afford a dedicated ft rig ?
    or is it the old Glasgow is better than Edinburgh debate (check my location)
    i doubt that because the kypeside member always make me feel very welcome
    maybe a change of the Dechmont committee would make me feel more welcome as the members i have met at hft shoots have all been very pleasant and friendly (with one exception and i will speak to him face to face)

lots of questions asked
    forgive the late replyes as i work night shift
    DONT BEAM ME UP SCOTTY I'M HAVING A CR__.__..._......

with regards to all your comments i was making a wee dig as a way of friendly banter this is as kenny quit rightly said a fun sport were we all like to have a laugh a wee bit of friendly banter never goes a miss and i was also aware that there was another shoot on i ment no disrespect for our fellow shooters who dont compete in ft as this is getting an expensive hobby so please accept my apolagies my friendly dig was for george who in won of his replies in you results from your last comp said that there club was the only one who attended. gents i hope i have not offended any on ethat was not my intention there is enough bitching between clubs as it is so i apolagise hope you all had a good day as wee all did.

figjam Guest
    what an anti climax....lol

no problem mate, maybe use of more smilies next 'fun packed' thread starter..

hopefully see you at the next HFT shoot

rgds
    kenny

No worries mate but as Kenny said a few more smilies would let us all know what the banter was.

Hope to meet you soon, and all the best with your future shoots.

Regards.

Wilson.
    http://jgarc.org.uk/
    Daystate Mk3 SPORT .177,
    BSA Spitfire .22Blueprinted

No problem mate, glad you guys had a good shoot. Hopefully we will see you both at home and away during the season.

As the guys said smilies say more than the words we use.

All the best.

Doug...
    All generalisations are dangerous, even this one!

:

as i said we all love shooting for fun and comp we all have our own views on things and some more than others need to learn that things need to change we all know what they are any way take care all hope i didnt offend any one if i did as kenny says if you cant run with the big dugs better stay on the bench the min we take this shooting lark seriously is the min i give it up enjoy lads and ladets