As a keen plinker I just wanted to share this with you.

For ages I've wanted a back garden plinker pistol. I looked at all the CO2 options and ruled them out as expensive to run and noisy to boot too. I wanted accuracy and quality. I settled on buying a HW40 (£85) and it arrived 4 weeks ago. After an afternoon on its open sights, I concluded the pistol itself was accurate but although the HW has micro adjustable sights, the picture they gave was vague and ambiguous. It needed a different sighting arrangement. I had chosen the HW40 Weihrauch for its reasonable price too and did not want to spend hundreds on a plinker combo.

After a search here I gritted my teeth and ordered a JSR 30mm red dot sight (now only silver coloured ones left). I was prepared for it to be real crap at £24.99 delivered! It arrived this morning and I need not have fretted. I opened the jiffy bag and opened the box inside. First thing I noticed written on the side is "Made in China". OK, so what. I fixed this sight to my HW grabbed some pellets (RWS Hobby - cheap, well made and accurate) and headed for the garden. After about 30 pellets I had zeroed the sight at 15 yards. But the amazing fact is is that bench rested I am able to hit a 13mm circle every time at that distance. To say I'm pleased with my £110 combo is an understatement.

If you are considering a plinker that's quiet and very accurate, I can wholeheartedly recommend this pairing. The most amazing component is for me the JSR red dot. Unbelievable build (at 2x this price). Machined aluminium body and mounts and clear optics. Adjustable (for brightness) tiny dot.

Utter, utter bargain, I'm very chuffed.