Thread: Help - How To Use Diving Bottle?

Mr Cole Guest

Help - How To Use Diving Bottle?

Hi all,

I've just picked up my 300 bar 3ltr bottle from Midland Diving Equipment to charge my soon to own Steyr LP50. Now this is the first time I have owned a bottle & a precharged gun so I'm not 100% sure how to use it. I couldn't ask anyone at MDE as no one was there who could answer my questions (the cylinder people only work Mon-Fri).

My bottle has a bleed valve and a gauge and obviously a Din fitting for my gun cylinder. The questions I have are below:

1) My bottle is fully charged but the gauge reads 0 bar! Why's this?

2) What do I actually do with the bleed valve?

3) I understand that when I screw my gun cylinder on I'll have to open the release air valve - should I do this very slowly?

Sorry if I seem a bit stupid but as I say this is the first time I have ever used such equipment and as it can be pretty dangerous I just want to ensure I know what I'm doing.

Many thanks

Bottle

Where in Brum are you mate, I might be able to come and show you, easier than explaining.

ATB
    Karl.
    Daystate X2 .177 Bushnel Legend 5-15x40
    HW25 .177 For my little Lad

Lash13 Guest
    Ok, what you do is connect the gun reservoir to the bottle using the hose from the gauge and the correct adapter. Screw in the bleed screw tightly. Open the bottle valve very gentle to allow the res. to fill slowly. The gauge will show the pressure you're filling the gun to...so make sure you know what pressure the Res. should be...EG: 200bar or whatever. Now close the bottle valve and open the bleed screw to release the pressure in the hose. Now detach the gun Reservoir. Without opening the bleed the pressure in the hose will be too great to release the adapter.

There you go.......everything SLOWLY though.
    Lee

ok here we go,

1) it will not register on the gauge till you open the valve and start filling the rifle,this cuases a backpressure which will then show up on the gauge.

2)The bleed valve will have to be closed when filling your rifle,when the desired pressure is reached then close the main valve on the cylinder and then open the bleed valve to release the pressure in the hose (or you will never get it off at the rifle end due to the back pressure.

3)once you have connected your filling hose to the rifle make sure the bleed valve is closed,then very slowly open the main valve on the cylinder till you reach desired pressure,close the main valve and open the bleed valve then remove the hose from the rifle and there you go all ready to shoot.

Easty

OOPS JUST TOO LATE
    STEYR LG 110 HP / LIGHSTREAM 4.5-14x44 FFP

NEW CALEDONIAN ARC

8mm Mauser Guest
    Lee, superb description .

PS. If you have a cat, chase it out the room before you undo the pressure relief valve or you'll never get it down off the curtains .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cole
    Hi all,

I've just picked up my 300 bar 3ltr bottle from Midland Diving Equipment to charge my soon to own Steyr LP50. Now this is the first time I have owned a bottle & a precharged gun so I'm not 100% sure how to use it. I couldn't ask anyone at MDE as no one was there who could answer my questions (the cylinder people only work Mon-Fri).

My bottle has a bleed valve and a gauge and obviously a Din fitting for my gun cylinder. The questions I have are below:

1) My bottle is fully charged but the gauge reads 0 bar! Why's this?

2) What do I actually do with the bleed valve?

3) I understand that when I screw my gun cylinder on I'll have to open the release air valve - should I do this very slowly?

Sorry if I seem a bit stupid but as I say this is the first time I have ever used such equipment and as it can be pretty dangerous I just want to ensure I know what I'm doing.

Many thanks
    1....gauges read how much air is transferred to the gun.

2....bleed valve is used after you have filled the gun and turned the bottle valve off.the bleed valve releases the air trapped in the transfer hose.

3....open the bottle valve slowly.

Mr Cole Guest
    Thanks all, that's really helped out a lot so now (when my LP50 turns up!) I should be able to use it safely. They do worry me a little and I really don't want to blow half my house away!

Saying that, I might store it under the bed, on the wife's side.

Thanks again.

P.S. Almost forgot to add, the bottle I bought came with a Rapid 7 adapter. I won't be needing this so if anyone requires one let me know and I'l send it out in the post (no charge obviously).

Yes please Mr Cole!!

PM sent.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Mr Cole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snock
    Yes please Mr Cole!!

PM sent.
    PM sent back to you snock.

Mr Cole Guest
    Just to add, how will I know when the air is getting low on my bottle then? I tought the whole purpose of having a gauge was to keep an eye on your air level, similar to the small gauge on the Steyr cylinder.

Just to add, how will I know when the air is getting low on my bottle then? I tought the whole purpose of having a gauge was to keep an eye on your air level, similar to the small gauge on the Steyr cylinder.
    Thanks, John.

Ok, the bottle will seem to struggle to fill up the rifle.
    Some rifles have on-board gauges, but these are in no way accuate enough to tell exactly what pressure you have in the gun.

The divers tank will struggle and eventually not fill the gun to the desired pressure.
    The gun and tank will just equalise at a lower pressure.

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

clubshot Guest

Arrow

Thanks all, that's really helped out a lot so now (when my LP50 turns up!) I should be able to use it safely. They do worry me a little and I really don't want to blow half my house away!

Saying that, I might store it under the bed, on the wife's side.

Thanks again.

P.S. Almost forgot to add, the bottle I bought came with a Rapid 7 adapter. I won't be needing this so if anyone requires one let me know and I'l send it out in the post (no charge obviously).
    You might not need it for the Rhom Adapter
    Which I doubt will fill off 300 Bar Bottle - To short
    Made to fill of 232 bottles - for German Safety Regulations

But you will need it to fit a Brocock made adapter to fill it off
    a 300 Bar Bottle

Or any other Precharge Air Gun you may purchase @ a later date

BOB/R

MR Cole
    To fill the cylinder on your lp50 screw pistol in to the bottle open valve ( fill slowly)till it reads 200 bar shut of valve then unscrew pistol from bottle there will be a release of air as you do so
    DO NOT release the bleed screw or you will release the air back out of the air cylinder you just filled. As the valve will be open with the adaptor screwed into it
    the methods on the threads above stating to open the bleed screw is for use with rifles with quick fills attached NOT THE METHOD YOU WILL BE USING WITH THE STEYR
    Gary
    ISP Airstream mk3 March F 2.5/25mml. Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 leupold 20/50 Steyr 2014 hft March x 5/50 MTR3 ISP Airstream MK3 March x 8-80 silver, fx impact m3 element helix Ripley AR4 blue Burris 8/32 Steyr 2014 hot all .177