Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratties Independence Shoot 2006

Quote Originally Posted by ross H
    looking forward to this, time to try my new scope out, a bushnell 3200 4-12x40 curtusy of bones, lets see how she goes (no excuses now) although i dont know the scope so .......

ps i will bring money for the swear box andy
    did you get the ballistic ret ?, thats what i got from him and was well chuffed just ordered another one actually.

maT
    IF YOU DON'T NEED TO APOLOGISE YOU'VE NOT TRIED HARD ENOUGH!!.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by levidog
    These are the directions that got me to the winter league venue

Guess where I got them from Guys......the website

Exit from the M3 at junction 9 and follow the signs for the A31. Join the A31 towards Farnham / Guildford. Follow the signs for the A272 towards Petersfield (you'll need to double back on yourselves for this junction). Follow this road until you reach a crossroads with the A32. Turn right past the petrol station and head through West Meon village. Stay on the A32 until you cross a small roundabout. When you reach a petrol station / garage follow the sign left for Hambledon. Drive under the disused rail bridge and stay on the B2150 for approximately 1 mile. You will see a warning sign for a left hand turn. Take this turn then follow the road for about 300 yards until you see a road heading off to your left. Turn RIGHT here into a gravel road. We're the second shed along.

Except we go past this and up a slight rise and it's the wood on the right with the lay-by

Of course if Meon want to help with the directions it would be great

Sean
    Sean (and everyone else)

Unless I've got it wrong, what you've described above will take peops in the opposite direction from the woods for this shoot.

About three weeks ago, Andy sent me a map of this 'new' wood location which shows it to be on the right hand side (south west), and very close to, the B2150 itself, and just (less then 100yds) after the left turn you've described leading up to the MVAC indoor venue.

According to my copy of Autoroute, it's on the B2150, 1.91 miles from the left turn off the A32.

If (like me) approaching from the other direction (leaving A3M at junction 3), via Waterlooville, Denmead and Hambledon, it's just over 7 miles from the motorway, and on the left side of the road.

Andy failed to mention any local (very local) landmarks.

See you all at the end of the MVAC orienteering event

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

5thplaceron Guest
    Hope to get up and see you lot on Sun,energy permitting,
    this second lot of chemo as zapped me,most of the time so week a baby could mug me,but fingers crossed for Sun, regards Ron.

baxterbasics Guest
    Thats great news Ron-I`ll buy you a "Greedy" burger-if your up to eating one

Look forward to seeing you there,
    Regards,
    Graham

Miffed I can't make this one guys but its our D of E's groups 1st walk and as a leader I have to be present.

I don't like missing any of the Meon shoots so apologies to all the Meon crew for my absence and especially to Ron whom I've not seen for a while now. Hope you're feeling as well as can be expected mate, hang on in there.

On the bright side, I won't turn up at 1.00pm and nick the springer 1st place trophy like the last time so I'll leave the two Jons and Harve to argue that one and if they don't turn up, Sean you've got permission to win a placing for Basingstoke

So have a cracking day everyone, hope the weather holds out (which also means I won't get raining on trudging the Wayfairers walk) and enjoy it.

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

baxterbasics Guest
    Don`y worry Bob-i`ll give Buddyboy your abuse by Proxy
    Enjoy your walk

I don't give JB abuse Graham, I'm too busy trying to work out how he managed to drop the target and I didn't

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

levidog is offline I got wood.........Bzzzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by biggles
    Sean (and everyone else)

Unless I've got it wrong, what you've described above will take peops in the opposite direction from the woods for this shoot.

About three weeks ago, Andy sent me a map of this 'new' wood location which shows it to be on the right hand side (south west), and very close to, the B2150 itself, and just (less then 100yds) after the left turn you've described leading up to the MVAC indoor venue.

According to my copy of Autoroute, it's on the B2150, 1.91 miles from the left turn off the A32.

If (like me) approaching from the other direction (leaving A3M at junction 3), via Waterlooville, Denmead and Hambledon, it's just over 7 miles from the motorway, and on the left side of the road.

Andy failed to mention any local (very local) landmarks.

See you all at the end of the MVAC orienteering event

Biggles

Cripes, It's not getting any easier is it

Now I'm lost too

Sean

Call me stupid, but I'm totally confused as to where Im going.
    I get lost when I know where to go, how on earth am I going to find this event..

Someone make it easy, and help with the confusion, just a little post code will do..
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man
    Call me stupid,
    If you insist...

Gary C Guest
    A UK grid reference and Lat and Long would be good

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    A UK grid reference and Lat and Long would be good
    Are you coming G.
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man
    Are you coming G.
    Only if you wear the cammo pants and show me some bum cleavage..

If I've got it right the OS grid ref is approx 463285,117085.

Jonathan

ratties shoot

hi everyone--hope to see all of you at our shoot on sunday--the location is in the woods approx halfway between droxford and hambledon, on the b2150
    on autoroute it came up as lat 50.94951north--long 1,09949west but it will be signed--regards terry wrigley.