Thread: webly stingray

what barn door Guest

webly stingray

are they any good and what price for one in 22 fair but not exelent condition

They're great guns, get one!
    ATB,
    yana

Excellent guns for the money (170pds new at JSR)
    It really does depend on condition. With no guarantee you need to allow a bit for any work. I think a lot of secondhand guns are over-priced considering the risk you might be taking.

Tinshooter Guest

Made on a friday afternoon

My .177 Stingray suffered like a dog during the first 9 months of it's life and sadly gets left under the stairs more and more often.

Problems encountered:

1. loose stock bolts
    2. stock bolt snapped off inside action
    3. split stock ends
    4. barrel droop
    5. safety catch very poor - stopped working
    6. spring graunch
    7. barrel wobble

Fair play to Webley they did a very fast repair to the action and fitted a new stock under their guarantee.

I must have had one made on a friday afternoon ? This was my first encounter with a 'Webley' and I have since tried BSA and Weihrauch springers to greater satisfaction, I was very sad to see Webley go under, but I would'nt buy a Webley for nostalgic reasons.

Personally I'd go for the 'new' HW95 or HW90K with new threaded 'screw on' Weihrauch silencer

i took one of the youngsters i worked with to buy an air gun about 4 or 5 years ago and he bought a stingray in the deluxe guise(scopes and uprated silencer limited edition version). took him to try it on a local farm and within about 20-25 shots the stock snapped right behind the trigger. i phoned webley up for him to explain what had happened. they were very helpful and apolegetic and sent him a stock from 2 days later. apparently this was a problem with a small number of early stingrays.